TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

Man, I feel terrible for those 100 million. That game was worse than being shot in the head and making your family pay for the bullet.

But yeah, he could foul out of every game between here and the break and China will vote him in. I'm usually all about the one man/one vote principle, but Stern is really whoring himself out to China with this one. It'll be Yao and Yi. Duh.

He is desperate to push that international agenda that he's been hawking for the last 10-15 years. He only was listened to back then because Jordan was the most popular athlete in the world at the time.

I say that no matter where his game is, Yi is out of Milwaukee at the end of his contract, and prolly going to LA or Seattle.

I shudder to think of the overhyping when the Rockets play the Bucks. Its going to be sickening.

To be fair, Yao deserves to be an allstar. I don't see how Yi will ever become one of the best SF's in the game though. That is the premier position in the NBA right now.

Watching Tyronne Lue had games to people is just annoying. Mike Woodson is the worst coach I have ever seen in the pro ranks, fuck worst coach now.

The team goes up when Acie Law gets in the game and starts losing when Tyronne is in the game. Yet he keeps playing Lue who can't defend, and holds the ball and stops the entire team from moving. Ugh.

To be fair, Yao deserves to be an allstar. I don't see how Yi will ever become one of the best SF's in the game though. That is the premier position in the NBA right now.

I don't doubt Yao being an all-star at all. Problem is, will he be healthy by the All-Star break?

50-50 shot at best.

But that is not my issue. My issue is the "Yao vs. Yi" hype that prolly ESPN is going to shove down our throats the week before the game. TNT does a good share of hyping, but they don't take it to the nth degree, thank god.

Really if you look at it though, Yao has been pretty healthy for his career. The last two seasons have been drop offs, but like I said before, he had legit injuries to cause those games missed. That infection in his big toe(although that was mostly his fault) and his broken leg. Not one of those "he is big" injuries that guys like Muresan or even Shaq have had recently where their sheer size causes them to be injured.

His games per season have gone 82, 82, 80, 57, 48. I am not ready to call the guy injury prone yet.

Now Tracy....

I know D Wade isnt playing, but I'm watching the San Antonio vs Miami game and the arena seems relatively empty. Whats up with that world champs?

I traded Martell Webster for Jamal Tinsley in a league where I need some assists. I think I got a good deal. Thoughts?

EDIT: It actually filled up now.

You know...I just don't buy the clippers or the pacers(well, with Ike going down is why I don't buy them). Off to a good start, both of them, but I just don't see them maintaining.

Who I do see maintaining if they stay healthy, the Hornets. They look scary.

As long as Peja stays healthy. Him and Chris Paul cause all kinds of problems, namely when the defense has to send another man down the lane for Paul, leaving Peja wide open.

I might be in a small group, but I love watching the Timberwolves this year. They have such a talented young group and it's fun to watch them mature. Also Marko Yaric is impressing me so far this season, he does a much better job as a 2 than PG.

Corey Brewer showed a nice shooting touch and a nose for the ball last night. Al Jefferson is just fun to watch when he gets going, his footwork is fantastic and he is a surprisingly good shooter. Rashad McCants has been the scorer they've wanted him to be, he sprained his ankle last night, hopefully he can stay healthy though.

I would really like to see Chris Richard get more minutes, he could be another Craig Smith type. Theo Ratliff has looked really strong so far this season. Greg Buckner has shown he can shoot when he gets going and they'll definitely need him to this season.

Antoine Walker has looked horrible and I don't see him staying in MN too long. Hopefully Randy Foye can comeback strong from his knee injury. Telfair has been solid at times, but needs to work on not trying to do too much. He tends to get in his own way a lot. I want to see what Gerald Green can do once they start to give him some minutes.

Hawks take out the Suns and now on to Boston. Should be a very fun game with the Josh Smith/Kevin Garnett matchup.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

I can remain silent no longer. The Bulls are really fucking terrible. Kirk Hinrich is like a bad John Stockton who doesn't even have the courtesy to punch a guy in the nuts every now and then. Nobody is making their shots. Tyrus Thomas doesn't practice much and is basketball retarded. Joakim Noah is blaming the fans. I know the Bulls usually have slow starts, but this is ludicrous. The Kobe Bryant trade is six feet under now, because every limitation of this team has been completely exposed, and nobody would pick these guys up now, not after Hinrich keeps racking up two fouls in the first three minutes of a game. And this is the guy John Paxson couldn't give up. Even if the Bulls do turn it around, they're out in the first round again. What a fucking disaster.

Damn. After all that work by the referees to keep the Cavs in the game, Deron Williams had to go and ruin it.

Damn. After all that work by the referees to keep the Cavs in the game, Deron Williams had to go and ruin it.

That was freakin' awesome. D-Will ruining ESPN's joygasm of LeBron tying the game with an in your face 3 by going coast to coast and laying it up with 1.3 left on the clock.

And I was flipping over expecting Scrubs, and get the last 11 seconds of a nail biter.

Guest Vitamin X
I traded Martell Webster for Jamal Tinsley in a league where I need some assists. I think I got a good deal. Thoughts?

Good until Tinsley gets his annual injury issues. Webster, if anything, is a point and 3-point machine, ala Jason Kapono last year. That's one reason I'm keeping him around and having him start.

My new girlfriend is awesome. Aside from us having great chemistry together, she is a basketball fan- a Pistons fan from Michigan. So tomorrow night, we get to watch our teams play each other, and no matter what the result of the game turns out to be, we both win. :-P

Matt Barnes is such a fucking bum. Yeah, let's knock down 6-foot-nothing Devin Harris and then stand over him and stare him down. You're a real badass, Matt Barnes.