TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewisyourHero

OAO RAW Thread 11/12

Ok show - although one thing just stood out to me as confusing. The whole Hornswaggle/Coach segment was done in an empty arena, why exactly? That just seemed so odd to do it that way, and why not just do that same segment in front of a live crowd? Were they afraid of them shitting on it? Just seemed weird to script it like that to say the least. Many examples of the writing contradictory towards the situation. Regal and Lillian both treating it like they are in front of a live audience, Regal even stating "Ladies and Gentlemen" as he starts working the mic. And then Hornswaggle goes up the ramp after the match and appears to play to a crowd that isnt even there on the top of the ramp. Just bizzare. I guess I wasn't handed the memo that "open exhibition" angles must NOT be in front of a live audience.

I marked out for the kiss of death - that was one of the highlights of the show. Hell of a kick for sure too. Go Mickie :)

Lots of star power on the show, which helps, but still was hoping for some better build to the ppv than what I saw.

Santino was yet again great this week. I LOVE him on the mic. "She's going to be fine" LOL! just great!

The Y2J Video was somewhat anti-climatic. I know it's the last one, but they could have "revealed" the answer a little more enigmatically.

I actually liked how they used the SvR2008 game to put over the stipulations for HBK/Orton. It was cool.

Seems like RAW is getting a little bit better over the last few weeks. It's by no means a great show, but its becoming more and more watchable....or at least segments are.

Ah well at least we know Jericho is going to show next week

Who is this "we" you speak of? It sure as hell don't include me.

you're kidding, right?

I would hope he's kidding, considering this week's video said stuff like:

-- 6_DAYS_23_HOURS_30_MINUTES

-- NEXT_MONDAY

-- BREAK_THE_WALLS

And that Jericho on the latest WWE magazine with SAVE_US.222 all over it leaked yesterday.

Ah well at least we know Jericho is going to show next week

Who is this "we" you speak of? It sure as hell don't include me.

you're kidding, right?

I would hope he's kidding, considering this week's video said stuff like:

-- 6_DAYS_23_HOURS_30_MINUTES

-- NEXT_MONDAY

-- BREAK_THE_WALLS

And that Jericho on the latest WWE magazine with SAVE_US.222 all over it leaked yesterday.

I must see this.

I am more kidding now that the magazine thing leaked, as it hadn't when I said that. Still not sure, though.

9:30(usually one of the lowest rated parts of the show) on a random edition of Raw seems kinda stupid when you have a the 15th Anniversary of Raw Three Hour show in a couple of weeks or you could even use it to pop a buyrate at a meaningless PPV like Armageddon(which kinda fits the "Second Coming"Gimmick anyway).

They brought Rey, Undertaker, HHH, and Edge back on PPV. Why not Y2J, who's return is bigger news than the others. You bring him back at 9:30(!) on a random Monday. Huh?

It is looking like he will return next Monday, but I would have thought the WWE would make better business decisions than that.

Why not advertise the "Second Coming" for Armageddon? They can still beat people over the head with it, and in that case, it would pop a buyrate, which i more important than a rating on TV.

people knew Rey, UT and Edge would be back EVENTUALLY, they were injured, not retired/taking a break. Jericho returning is a bigger deal. Hell, you could make an arguement that long breaks are a regularly expected occurence for UT anyway, injured or not. Much like Sid and softball.

TV ratings are VERY important as ad revenue is a huge part of the financial aspect.

Your probably right. It just seems that this angle could have been executed a lot better and the conclusion could be a little less, quite frankly, anti-climactic.

Not to mention they just had to return him on the night my team was on Monday Night Football. Conflicting Interests piss me off.

Guest DCH
Surely someone has found a Jpeg or gif over the last week that they can direct a perv like me to of Maria's dress going down during the beer bath last week? thanks in advance. ;)

There's a video on the wwe.com website. It's a horrible place but it has a 30 second clip of her dancing while soaked during the ad break.

3.5 eh? I think this calls for the return of.......

Have the WWE exhausted all returns by this point?

Lift that pesky drug policy and we'd already have the return of the MASTER AND THE RULER OF THE WORLD to the WWE. Maybe they could give him like a 2 week advanced notice and constant post it notes to remind him?

I wouldn't mind a Muhammed Hassan return. The guy got a raw deal his first run in the WWE.