TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Moots

Packers/Dallas Worst officiating all year?

Guest Moots

Why have a first year referee in control of this game. What the hell is the NFL thinking, they already have possibly the worst officiating in all of sports but a first year ref?

Some very questionable calls, The first throw to TO where Harris stripped the ball? Foward motion? What a joke. Right call puts the pack in dallas territory

That last PI call, another joke of a call. Right call puts it 4th and 2 in Dallas' end

It was so bad that on a reviewed play they couldn't remember where the ball was spotted, and had to re-review the play.

The packers obviously could have played better, but with out those two calls, which Dallas scored right after, this game would have been way different.

Couple of things:

1. We already have a thread for this

2. I don't know because I can't see the game because the NFL and Comcast are both money hungry bitches

3. Indy-NE from earlier this year is untouchable as far as bad officiating is concerned

Guest Smues

After every game in every sport someone or someones declare that it had the worst officiating ever. It's to the point where I just automatically assume the refs did fine and people are bitching for the sake of bitching.

Guest Moots

Hey man I will gladly say I am a packers fan.

And normally I won't complain about refs.

Like the packers bears game, that was green bay just not performing.

This game was possibly decided on 2 bad calls, first year ref in control in this big of a game is a joke.

And I didn't expexct GB to win to be honest, I am a big TO fan, and know how huge he can be, and without woodson paired with Harris things were bleak, not having KBG means less pressur on Romo, couple that with the questionable playcalling on offense early (Throwing deep several times) I was not very confident after the first quarter.

The reason I say worst all year, is that this game has HUGE playoff implications.

I am mostly upset that despite all this, plus Favre leaving the game, The pack still put up a good fight, all to be for naught on a game finishing PI call.

Edit- very excited about how well Rodgers, and grant played

Guest Moots

Ravens, bah.

I hate the Ravens slightly less than I hate Tom Brady (Living in NE and not being a New England fan is the worst experience in any sports fan's life. Most fickle sports fans ever)

Speaking of the Ravens, did you know they selected Kyle Boller over Tony Romo?

Anyway, the game was rather boring until the Pack made a comeback and even then it wasn't super exciting.

Guest Smues
Speaking of the Ravens, did you know they selected Kyle Boller over Tony Romo?

I did, seeing as how Romo went undrafted.

Everyone was selected over Tony Romo.

I didn't know/remember/care about this face. I already didn't want a Dallas/New England superbowl, now I really really really really REALLY don't fucking want one. Two weeks "UNDRAFTED AND 199TH (or whatever he was) PICK QBS BATTLE OMG SPLOOGE!" would just be awful.

I had no rooting interest in the game, and yeah, there were some pretty bad calls. That pass interference seemed like bullshit to me, and apparently just touching the ball carriers helmet with your hand is now facemasking. Plus a lot of the flags were thrown really late. A bad call is one thing, but a late flag on a bad call?

IMO, if two refs are arguing...why not let them review it for themselves.

That ball stripping play should have been an INT

Favre decided to put his team in a hole because he wanted to fling the ball all over the field, I mean the guy was making some of the stupidest fucking throws I have seen.

Attacking Dallas downfield is the right way to go, but if someone is double-covered, at least look at your other potential targets on the field.....

The last PI call was weak, not only was it not PI, but the ball is overthrown and uncatchable anyway....

Guest Vitamin X
That ball stripping play should have been an INT

I agree, except it technically should have been a fumble since Owens had possession and Al Harris just ripped it out of his hands before stepping out of bounds.

Also, if two refs disagree on a call, I'm of the opinion that they should just not call it, especially if it's a crucial, game changing play like the PI in the 4th quarter.

But worst officiating all year? Nah. It wasn't great, but there's definitely been worse. The penalties did seem to go a lot against the Pack, but I expect that when on the road anyways.

Worst officiated football game in recent memory for me, especially given the magnitude, is Super Bowl XL. Seattle totally had that game.

The only bad call I saw was the very first one where Al Harris Stripped the ball from TO in bounds but they ruled the play was dead with forward progress despite the fact TO had possession of the ball for like 2 nano seconds before Al Harris took it away.

Holy shit, Super Bowl XL. That's the nadir of NFL officiating. I couldn't care less about either of those teams, and that game still irks me.

This game was possibly decided on 2 bad calls, first year ref in control in this big of a game is a joke.

Yes, some of those officiating calls were questionable.

But they decide who referees what games before the season so what do you expect? They have to introduce new guys at some point.

Other than the crap "forward progression was stopped" call and the fourth quarter pass interference that wasn't that would have brought up fourth down for the Cowboys, I didn't pay much attention to the refs.

The only one that made me wonder what the hell was the Al Harris fumble recovery they ruled not a fumble. I've never seen an official rule a play on a receiver dead so fast before. Like as soon as Harris touched him, the official said the play was dead. That call still makes zero sense to me since TO was STILL moving forward when he lost the ball.

I don't understand how the play was ruled dead when TO was still fighting to progress forward. Usually a play is not dead until forward progress stops or in the case of a running-back, they defense is driving him backwards.

TO was fighting to move with the ball, and Al Harris simply reached in and grabbed the ball away....he definately wasn't stopped, and surely wasn't being driven backwards, and was also in bounds the entire time.

Even with the bad calls made though, Favre did plenty to put his team in an uncessary early hole. Some of those throws he made were pretty damn inexcusable.

Ravens, bah.

I hate the Ravens slightly less than I hate Tom Brady (Living in NE and not being a New England fan is the worst experience in any sports fan's life. Most fickle sports fans ever)

Miami says hello.

This is now the all-purpose "Kill the ref" thread.

Really now. This has the potential to become more nauseating than the ESPN thread. And that is saying something. A bunch of football fans bitching about calls as if their sport matters. And NBA fans after every single game. And Yankee fans of course.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

If the sport doesn't matter, why does the thread matter? I assume it's just for football. Really, why care, Al?

Guest Vitamin X
This is now the all-purpose "Kill the ref" thread.

Really now. This has the potential to become more nauseating than the ESPN thread. And that is saying something. A bunch of football fans bitching about calls as if their sport matters. And NBA fans after every single game. And Yankee fans of course.

Fuckin' you're more nauseating than the ESPN thread. This is an idiotic response. We don't care about your opinion as thread or sport judge here, al, you just have to moderate your precious baseball threads and ignore everything else. Really. That's all we're asking. Please.

Holy shit, Super Bowl XL. That's the nadir of NFL officiating. I couldn't care less about either of those teams, and that game still irks me.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Let's not forget that it's bowl season, it's time for NFL playoff implications, the NBA season and NCAA basketball season are getting revved up..virtually all hotly contested emotionally demanding sports are at their peak. Ref rage is sometimes valid and has its place. This thread is that place. That special place.