TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
claydude14

Turning Point

Hall wouldnt have been buried so bad if it was a work. See how they handled the Rhino issue, it appears he may legit be hurt after his Impact match w/ Rellik as he took a stiff kick in the head (which they showed) but on Impact, after that spot, he went out of the ring unexpectedly and sold that shot a hell of a long time. So he probably is legit injured. And Hall legit no-showed (as said before, evident by Karen saying she saw Joe talk to Hall and Nash earlier).

Now what is probably a work is:

1) The interaction with Joe and Nash, for the most part. I think the storyline of the match was going to be that Joe had heat with Hall and Nash anyway. Nash is probably pretty legit annoyed, yet concerned at Hall not being there, though. He clearly wasn't "feeling" the match or the pre-match promo by Joe. I wouldnt be shocked that regardless if Hall was there or not, there was a plan in tact for Nash v. Joe.

2) To a degree, the Joe promo. I think most stuff was probably approved ahead of time, and Young as the partner was something I think the bookers would have approved ahead of time, thinking he's such a fan favorite that it would deliver. The thing TNA doesnt get, though, is that Eric Young is a guy the fans just don't take seriously. He's a comedy figure.

Guest Jearan

Like many of you, i am stunned. This was the most SHOCKING event in wrestling in 2007.

Hall is apparently not going to be there, Nash and Joe are arguing like crazy before the match. If Hall no-showed, give me a break.

It would have been of bad taste to do so for everyone that paid to see him. I suspected it was real from the very point they mentioned it.

HAHA. That's what they fucking get for writing him in for the PPV in the first place, if true.

Hall no-showing a main-event at the beginning of his TNA carreer, and committing a professional suicide - and we don't know how much of a personal suicide - is so BIG that there should have been signs of it before... such as his reputation over his decades of wrestling. It's easy to talk about this after the fact, but they should have sent him to a hotel room or something one or two days before the match to ensure that he'd show up... or send Nash over to watch him!!!

Joe is "shooting" in the ring on TNA politics and burying Hall. Digging into Nash like crazy as well. I would guess because Nash probably fought to get Hall back and in and vouched for him a bit. Whether its scripted or not, its good. Nash looks pissed off though.

Nash and Hall were not seen well by other wrestlers in WCW because they'd come in, instantly take main-event status, take all the money and just "not care". It didn't blow up because, in the end, they delivered... this is a re-enactment of what happened in the WCW days except the worst way it could happen, with Hall no-showing his entrance as main-event... which in effect gives the other wrestlers EVERYTHING they want to bury him.

Nash looked more than pissed off, i saw from the moment he got in the ring a look of pure concern and i knew almost certainly that Hall truly had no-showed... Nash wasn't keeping up with what was happening, and it was a normal reaction IMO, because i didn't either... it was blowing up from all directions...

Then out of the blue, he announces Eric Young as the new teammate. WTF?!!!

It was irrelevant at this point because no replacement would have made me forgot about the incredible events that had just happened. I don't ask who's gonna replace who after witnessing an earthquake!

Other than the women's title match, this show has been pretty fucking weak to say the least. A refund for paying for this show, in theory, would be nice.

This show was everything BUT weak and it wasn't a disappointment in the fact that it was a disappointment because of Hall's no-show. The tension was so high in the end that i was almost shaking. This was everything but boring - it was wrestling drama non-kayfabe'd. It was no longer wrestling, it was a reality show unfolding before our very own eyes. This PPV will be one for the books... Hall/Nash looked like the outsiders at war with the established promotion, and this was everything old WCW had to offer, EXCEPT NOT KAYFABE'D - or, arguably not.

Joe pins Tomko after a muscle buster. Most phoned in, underwhelming, lackluster, and just boring TNA ppv main event EVER.

How can anyone define this ppv as "boring" is beyond me... In fact, it made me register to this forum to talk about this PPV...

Who knows with Tna, this could be something they are doing on purpose with Hall to play off his past.

I knew for certain it was real when Hall didn't show in the first 2 minutes of the match. NO wrestling promotion would ever intentionally make a no-show because they could then be sued for false advertisement. Especially true for main-eventer!!!

This was HUGE!!!

To each their own, but Hall no-showing wasnt groundbreaking TV for me, nor did it make it anywhere close to a good ppv for me. Dare I say I almost expected it, so it wasn't "shocking" in any form, really. More than anything, it just annoyed me, and then when they followed up with Eric Young as the replacement, it just deflated any impact "making a good situation out of a bad" could have been.

I dont expect a rehash of New Blood/Millionares feud from WCW, however I have a small amount of faith that TNA will wake the fuck up after this and start pushing the homegrown talent more, in particularly bringing some prominence back to the X division after the Dudley Boys feud.

Meltzer, on the LAW radio show tonight, suggested that maybe Hall demanded more money to come in last minute or something.

I really do not want to see a New Blood/Millionaire's Club re-hash. But this is probably the case with the Dudley angle already there and all. And who says Russo has little say in the booking?

(a bunch of propaganda)

How hot is TSM that we have TNA representatives posting here? Someone ban this guy, stat.

As far as the PPV goes, the only thing I cared about was Kim/Kong, and I dunno how I feel. I mean, Kong came off as a monster, especially at the end, but it's been a couple months now and I'd like to have seen the title change. I think the money's in the chase, and you definitely could have done this finish at the next PPV with Kong as champ. But, we'll see where it goes. I still have faith.

(a bunch of propaganda)

How hot is TSM that we have TNA representatives posting here? Someone ban this guy, stat.

As far as the PPV goes, the only thing I cared about was Kim/Kong, and I dunno how I feel. I mean, Kong came off as a monster, especially at the end, but it's been a couple months now and I'd like to have seen the title change. I think the money's in the chase, and you definitely could have done this finish at the next PPV with Kong as champ. But, we'll see where it goes. I still have faith.

I swear to god it was Russo posting there.

Yeah, there is DEFINATE strength in lengthening the Kim/Kong feud. TNA did the right thing tonight (which is rare to see) with all of that, and I'm sure we'll see Kim against Kong here at the next ppv, with Kong then going over. Considering this was the first world title match Kong had, I'm fine how this went, they madeup for the copout DQ finish by having Kong kick all kinds of ass after the finish.

Guest Jearan
To each their own, but Hall no-showing wasnt groundbreaking TV for me. Dare I say I almost expected it, so it wasn't "shocking" in any form, really. More than anything, it just annoyed me

We'll probably disagree on this because you seem like a long-standing fan of TNA wrestling. OTOH, i'm a newer fan that thought that TNA was really getting above ground in the last 2 months in terms of quality. With all the potential that Nash/Hall have, as we've seen in WCW days, i watched every iMPACT and PPV with great interest. I've never had as much interest in TNA since it's creation. For that reason, it's an earthquake for me in ALL possible ways.

and then when they followed up with Eric Young as the replacement, it just deflated any impact "making a good situation out of a bad" could have been.

I could not deflate after all the tension and all the incredible events that had unfolded before my eyes. I didn't even care for the match after what had happened. I couldn't concentrate! It took me another 30 minutes for the tension to decrease and process everything that i had just seen...

Meltzer, on the LAW radio show tonight, suggested that maybe Hall demanded more money to come in last minute or something.

Looks much much more like a professional suicide than a negociation tactic...

If TNA is around in 5 years and Hall is alive, they will do the same thing over again.

I think it will be unfortunate because Hall is a great wrestler and every year he spends exiled from wrestling is a year that many fans, like me, won't enjoy. As unlikely as it is, i hope he won't be fired and, if he is, i hope he will come back. This time, have someone watch him! Regardless of any argument, the tension was extreme and will remain extreme - and barely kayfabe'd - if Hall is still in the promotion. And i'll be eating the iMPACTs one by one!!!

When i read this thread i had the opposite reaction seeing all the "boring", "sucked", etc. when it was quite the opposite. I asked myself why people didn't get any reaction from the incredible events that happened and i came with 2 answers: 1) as some say, they've watched so much violence that they were totally desensitized and only react with a yawn to everything they see, 2) they're WWE representatives down-playing the most shocking event in professional wrestling in 2007.

For a real wrestling fan as i've been since the golden age of wrestling, this was one for the books, no less.

Guest Jearan
I'm trying not to get involved...but I think Chris Benoit might be able to take this vote.

You're probably right but i'd point out that NO possibility can be excluded to explain why Hall didn't show up... I personally think he might have drank himself to unconsciousness and might end up in a hospital, as is sometimes the case with heavy drinkers, but as unlikely as it is, there are rumors that... maybe... he's dead. Considering the professional suicide that we witnessed, we don't know how much of a personal suicide it was... and how far it went.

And the Benoit events happened outside of wrestling... this is happening on a PPV...

Oh man TNA, TNA, 2006 seems so far away. 2006, the year that TNA looked promising, fresh and exciting, now we're finishing 2007 and heading into 2008, and TNA seems boring, stale and washed up. I haven't legit watched iMPACT for over a month, just read the reports and fast forward through the shows. Where did it all go wrong? HOW did it all go wrong?

There's times I feel that TNA is nothing more then a loud mouth over grown Indie Promotion, but even then, there's Indies out there that deliever each and every week/month (ROH & CHIKARA). Scott Hall smelt like nothing more then a cheap buy rate pop that an Indie show would do to bounce the ticket sales up a little bit. I can't say I'm surprised that Hall didn't show, hell, I even remember someone posting here a few months back that 'Scott Hall should leave the American Wrestling Business alone and stay in PR for his own good'.

I couldn't agree more, I like Scott Hall, he's a great worker and an amazing guy, however, whenever he appears in an American Wrestling Promotion it all goes tits up for the guy - one way or another. Or is it when he's just around Kevin Nash?

The only good thing TNA has going for them at the moment is the Knockout Division, that's the only thing I can managed to watch every week during my fast forward expedition. Who's booking it?

It's so different from anything else that it has to be someone else booking it, its clear, concise and simple. That, and the Girls are really busting their arses off in the ring every week, its fun to watch. So I give LOTS of credit to TNA's Knockout Division, the only saving grace of a pretty piss poor year.

I'll download this PPV to see how much of a train wreck it really was.

Sad sad sad TNA.

Give me a fucking break. Scott Hall no-shows all the time. This isn't shocking, nor is a surprise. It's funny that dumbasses like Russo and company booked him. And I sure as shit wouldn't watch Impact again, not with that kind of bait-and-switching. I turned me off the company for fucking good.

Give TNA ratings for that? Fuck them, and the people they have booking the company.

Just to your last part, Jearan, I can, with clear certainty, give you just a few reasons why I didn't enjoy this ppv completely, even going to far as saying I wouldn't mind a refund.

1) They have a match that is supposed to determine who gets title shots and who gets fired. I paid $30 for this show, and part of me ordering was wondering how this match was going to go, but more than that, who would get the shots and who would get fired. Turned out I didnt even have to order this show for that second part. So it was a bait and switch, trying to promote their TV show that gets WAY more viewers each week than who is getting the ppvs. It makes no sense, you can pretty much state as fact that damn near everyone who watches Impact gets the ppvs, so why piss on the loyal ppv viewers by not giving them that complete payoff on the ppv? It's an insult to longtime TNA viewers (like myself) especially.

2) The whole ending of the show. I didnt even mind that Hall wasn't there and no-showed, as long as it was followed up upon propertly. The Joe promo was going somewhere but then the really phoned in ringwork from just about everyone in that "main event" and having one of those guys being Eric Young (ironically the only guy who DIDNT phone it in) just gave the end of the show a really unsatisfied feeling. In the very least, they could have had Joe and Nash do a brawl angle at the end or something?

And if there was a knock there about "being desensitized to violence" in that is was why some didnt like the show, consider this event also was marketed as some ultra violent blood fest of a ppv. Instead we got a really lame version of a "tacks match" that consisted of two unmemorable spots. Considering the promotion that was given to that match being out of this world hardcore or something, it's lucky I even gave it ** at best. But I don't think that makes US desensitized to violence, its just that when you prop a match up as being significant, it needs to deliver and that one didn't even come close.

And give me a break, but this is far from the most shocking event in pro wrestling in 07. Things like the Jimmy Jacobs Age of the Fall promo in ROH, Vince's limo blowing up, the whole Benoit fiasco, off the top of my head are more shocking than this. In fact, TNA themselves have even had more groundbreaking/shocking moments this year than this.

Guest Jearan

As they say, we watch wrestling for the emotions it provides us and there was nothing more emotional than what i've just seen. Event of the year 2007 award.

As far as i'm concerned, this forum either has one WWE representative posting under several names, or several representatives, putting a constant negative spin to tarnish TNA's image no matter what. Vince would know something about such a maneuver, watch his shoot interview on XFL...

It's probably as simple as this. Hall loves wrestling but at the end of the day he is about how much you are going to pay him. When TNA didn't jump to sign him to a nice contract and wanted to book him at probably a few grand a week he probably decided he'd just stay working puerto rico until he gets a shot with WWE or TNA signs him to a nice contract.

Haha. I bought every one of the weekly PPV's TNA did in their earlier years. What happened tonight was dogshit. Hell, I don't even watch the WWE outside of their PPV's, I can't stand it.

As they say, we watch wrestling for the emotions it provides us and there was nothing more emotional than what i've just seen. Event of the year 2007 award.

As far as i'm concerned, this forum either has one WWE representative posting under several names, or several representatives, putting a constant negative spin to tarnish TNA's image no matter what. Vince would know something about such a maneuver, watch his shoot interview on XFL...

Yeah... not really making yourself look good there, sport. Hall no-showing isn't shocking or memorable. Okay, you like it, good for you. It's not going to be like my cousin who is into WWE wrestling and starting to get into TNA is going call me up tomorrow gushing about how Hall showing up was something awesome and get him more into the product.

If anything it destroys the casual fans trust in the company making them look really, really podunk and unable to come through with promised main events.

I'm not a WWE shill, I'm just a guy who wants wrestling to make some sense and not suck. TNA isn't giving _me_ what I want.

Guest Jearan
a few grand a week he probably decided he'd just stay working puerto rico

I thought puerto rico barely payed their wrestlers (watch Sunny shoot interview). I don't think he's sight-seeing either, watch Sunny about syringes stuck in trees. Plus, the timing to negociate with TNA that way is all wrong (entrance as PPV main-eventer!!!). He's not negociating anything, he's professionally suiciding. Some say Dave Meltzer is becoming more and more wrong, i have to agree.

Edit: btw, the food poisoning thing vandalism on wikipedia's page was initiated by some individuals on a chat channel that i hang-out in. They encouraged people to write to Meltzer about it. They get kicks out of spreading false rumors.

The thing you're missing is...why should we care if Hall committed career suicide? So what? People just paid 30 dollars to watch a nothing PPV, with 2 bait and switches. That's not how you build a successful wrestling company.

Guest Jearan
So what? People just paid 30 dollars to watch a nothing PPV, with 2 bait and switches.

You seem like a long-standing TNA fan that was expecting something out of all matches. I wasn't. I was mainly watching the PPV for it's main event and waiting to be "surprised" by the other matches. I was by Booker T's match, i thought it was very, very good. Again, no mention of it here, strangely... I was, until a month or two, a casual TNA fan that isn't expecting good matches all-around. I'm only expecting one or two matches that will stand out and will "send me home happy". Recently, i've been seing that, and i've been more and more happy with TNA. The main event was much more than i expected. I didn't have to sit there bored to death with no emotion; the tension was so high that i was almost shaking. I barely watched the match itself because i couldn't concentrate because of ALL the emotions!!!

As far as Chris Benoit goes, it would only top it if he killed his wife & child in the ring on a PPV. Only then would WWE start having some kind of emotion on it's show! Hall staying home on a week day and drinking himself unconscious, and missing his doctor's appointments, is nothing compared to doing it on a PPV.

I wasn't expecting anything, I didn't even buy the damn event. I'm saying that things like that are what's going to keep me from watching TNA again.

Early reports say that Scott Hall claimed “food poisoning” as to why he didn’t show up at the TNA Turning Point PPV last night. TNA had been working for weeks promoting the return of The Outsiders at the PPV. Hall’s no-show lead to a huge shoot promo from Samoa Joe at the end of the show. "Scott Hall punked out on me and on every single fan in this building tonight,” said Joe. He said there are TNA die-hards who bust their asses for the fans every week and there are superstars who think they come and do whatever they want, however they feel like it, and screw the hard-working guys and fans of TNA. Earlier in the show Joe sent another shot at Hall saying that he “probably couldn’t pass the breathalyzer in his car to get to the arena.”

That's from PWInsider, and I found it on prowrestling.com

Guest Jearan

As i said previously, some people vandalized wikipedia's page saying Hall ate too many egg-salad sandwiches. If the source for "food poisoning" is genuine, they're PR-firm words for being drunk.

Guest lousms

I don't see how you guys can all say such bad things about the PPV.

I think it was solid anyway, before the end.

Joe's shoot and the reactions from everyone (Nash and Angle looking pissed, the fan yelling 'shut up' and 'stop whinning' to Joe) and the uncertainty of everything made the show so rivitting and drama-filled.

I've never been so glued to the tv.... I was litterally bitting my fingernails, on the edge of my seat.

Anyway, I think that a 'die-hard' fan owes it to themselves to SEE THIS PPV.

I'm very glad I did!

Either this guy is a hilariously sarcastic troll, or the biggest idiot I've seen online in a long time. Either way, this could be entertaining.

I'll say one thing: Eric Young truly might be the hungriest wrestler alive. Do you guys remember hearing about the time he got throat surgery to remove some polyps? Well, that was on a Tuesday, and by Saturday he was already back in the ring, working the same crappy little indy show I was employed on. (And on this particular show, he sure as hell wasn't there for the money.) He just stuck on a goofy-looking Faroocq Spartacus-type helmet and went out there and did his job. That's one tough bastard with passion for the business coming out his ears. All that being said, he was a horrible choice for Hall's replacement, since his character is a comedy midcard jobber.