TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spaceman Spiff

NFL Week 14 - Dolphins? More like LOLphins! Amirite?

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I expect that Cam Cameron is not long for this job, either. Scott Linehan is also going to get fired.

What a disaster they have going on in Atlanta. Besides having your dog-murdering franchise quarterback run off to prison for two years, you find out your $5 million a year rookie coach just ditched you to go coach at a mediocre college football program.

I didn't think it would be possible but the coaching life-cycle is being shortened even more apparently. Billick may not be long for this league either. Does anyone have a short list of top available candidates? Norm Chow, Kirk Ferentz?

Petrino to Arkansas on Sportscenter.

Petrino just freed himself. That's just freakin' nuts.

Michael Vick has also just announced that he, too, has freed himself and will be leaving prison to attend the University of Arkansas.

And who wants that fucking job now? Your best offensive player is long gone and won't ever be back. Your best defensive player has been involved in a season-long dispute with the coaching staff and isn't going to want to come back even now that Petrino is gone. Looking past this season, I think it's going to get worse in Atlanta before it gets any better.

Oh, and so much for the automatic Brohm selection in the draft. If he's available when they pick, the Falcons could really use Darren McFadden. For a variety of reasons.

Scott Linehan is returning I heard.

How does Cam Cameron live with himself? How does he sleep at night? How do his kids get on in this world? I just can't imagine being coach and your career NFL record is 0-16.

I think Billick, Nolan, Gibbs, and Lewis won't come back either

Billick and Lewis should just swap teams, because they're both in a situation where their strength as a coach is most clearly not the strength of the team that they're coaching.

"I'll bring in Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, and leave!" Oh, Bobby.

Nolan will get one more year. Billick should be given one more year but he's gone. Gibbs is gone. Cameron is gone. Marvin Lewis, 80% sure he's gone. I still think Linehan is gone.

Kurt Warner thought Cam Cameron was too Christian. KURT WARNER.

How does Cam Cameron live with himself? How does he sleep at night? How do his kids get on in this world? I just can't imagine being coach and your career NFL record is 0-16.

John McKay started his NFL career at 0-26. In his third season he led the Bucs to the NFC Title game, but

Cam Cameron is no John McKay

I'll always like Mike Nolan if only for fighting the league's dress code and bringing suits back into the game, even if him getting the axe means that only Jack Del Rio would be sporting them

Cam Cameron wasn't even a good college head coach. I don't know who would hire that bum in the first place. 18-37 as coach at Indiana. AT INDIANA. He coached at one of the bottom 5 BCS programs, and couldn't even cut it. Hello.

Guest Vitamin X

He's a fairly decent offensive coordinator, but I think he lucked into those jobs.

I'd like Jim Bates to get a head coaching job somewhere. Maybe he can go back to Miami. Awesome coordinator, and somebody a team could get behind; when Green Bay hired Mike McCarthy, I thought Bates could've been even better.

All the shit that was talked about Deangelo Hall saying that he felt the coach had quit on the team, looks like he was right.

And personally I liked what Roddy White did. They basically were saying there were tired of every reporter talking about how everyone in the locker room hated Vick anyway and are secretly glad he is gone.

all the shit thats happening in Atlanta making me feel glad to be a Lions fan.....and thats kinda sad. At least Brian Brohm isnt the auto top pick for you any longer

Darren McFadden is right there. Dunn is all but washed up and Norwood isn't an every-down back. This would be similar in theory to what they tried to do with Calvin Johnson earlier this year, but a lot more plausible because they'll have better draft position. This will not be a team drafting based on need, but rather out of desperation.

I think its laughable to say Noorwood isn't a everydown back. Just because the coach refused to use him, doesn't mean he isn't a everydown back.

The only injuries he has had in the NFL have come on sprained ankles on special teams. When running the ball, he is definately the teams hardest runner while also being the fastest guy.

They need a QB, about 2 offensive linemen, a middle linebacker that doesn't get all his tackles 15 yards down the field and a free safty for Milloy to groom.

Oh yeah, and they need to suck up to Deangleo Hall to get him to stay.

They have a loyal owner and play in a division that each team has won since 2002. If Hall wants to stay they have Top 10 positional players at WR (White), TE and CB. There are lots of holes to fill but having 3 picks in the top 65 will make that easier. Call up Bill Cowher and give the man a blank check.