TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers (airs December 27th and January 3rd)

Does TNA even have a draw? Outside of Sting, I don't think they do. Angle and Booker haven't made a single dent in the ratings despite all the hype surrounding them, Joe's star faded and it's a ongoing struggle for TNA to recapture it and all the WCW/WWE retreads aren't doing a damn thing.

Well, it's not like anyone outside the same million or so people who watch Impact even know what TNA is. And considering how bad Impact has been lately, that's probably for the best. Though it's not like they need much more than the million or so watching to be successful.

So... Kong being ranked as the #4 contender, based on the results of that Gauntlet match, would seem to be a dead giveaway that she's going over Kim at Final Resolution, wouldn't it?

Here's to hoping that Kong/ODB is as good as Kong/Kim has been...

Four "gauntlet matches" on one TV show is just overkill. This reminded me of something WWF would have run on a throwaway RAW in '99, when they were running away with the ratings and just wanted to get a bunch of people on TV before a PPV. TNA doesn't have that luxury.

Also, the stuff with AJ Styles and Jeremy Borash was unfunny and embarrassing. The only part I really enjoyed was Christian rolling up Joe at the end, because it fit Cage's character so perfectly.

I don't know...I want to like this promotion a lot, but they are just doing nothing to really hook me.

I haven't watched TNA since the PPV Hall missed. I dunno, they've got nothing that intrests me at the moment.

I watch to see who's talented enough to overcome the booking mess.

It's made Booker T a lower midcard guy inside of two months...

The only people that I think come off looking interesting at all are:

Motor City Machine Guns (because of their awesomess from bell to bell)

Christian (because no matter how stupid the situation he's in...he's been owning the mic)

Gail Kim/Awesome Kong/ODB (because the booking of the women's division hasn't sucked like the rest of the show)

And Samoa Joe (because he's at least doing something for a change...and I actually kinda dig anti-authority Joe)

Other than that...it's all a mess.

Actually Petey Williams is starting to get more interesting...but that's just a product of extra TV time methinks...

I was confused by this recent Impact. First off, how is a silly series of gauntlet matches a decent way to determine rankings? Shouldn't rankings be determined more by actual wins and losses vs. common opponents rather than by whether or not someone was or wasn't tossed over the top rope?

Second, doesn't Petey Williams have a Money in the Bank world title shot? Why is he messing with the X Division gauntlet? And why does the Road Dog care about being in a gauntlet when he has his tag team Money in the Bank regardless?

What do these rankings really mean? It's not like Cornette gives a shit. The guy put two guys who have never won a 2 on 2 tag match in a PPV title match (Joe and Nash).

The biggest problem with the whole contendership thing is that they've never, not once, even attempted to explain exactly WHEN the briefcase winners will get their title shots. It's been completely ignored. I can't even begin to imagine how anyone could justify this as being good booking. It's like one of those "NWO wins a title shot, uh, whenever" angles that WCW slit their own throats with a decade back.

At least WCW explained the nWo was able to challenge for any title at any time on any show. TNA hasn't even done that. I record these iMPACTs...but they're becoming such a waste of dvd's.