TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers (airs December 27th and January 3rd)

ONGOING TNA IMPACT SPOILERS

by Alex Hernandez

- In-ring promo with Christian Cage, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle. Christian and Angle brawl and AJ gets accidentally hit. Christian says that AJ and Tomko have to choose between he and Angle.

- A match between Booker T and Robert Roode was interrupted by Kurt & Karen Angle. Booker then laid out a challenge for a tag match later in the show with a mystery partner.

- Gail Kim, Angelina Love & Velvet Sky defeated ODB, Roxxi & Jackie Moore.

- The Motor City Machine Guns defeated AJ Styles & Tomko in a non-title match. AJ kept getting distracted by Eric Young, who was trying to deliver a message to him.

- In-ring promo with Jim Cornette. Samoa Joe interrupts and asks why he doesn't have a match at the PPV, but the Outsiders do. Kevin Nash interrupts and Cornette says they can be each other's partner at the PPV in a Tag Team Title match.

- Petey Williams won an X-Division Gauntlet match when he pinned Senshi.

- Christian won a Heavyweight Gauntlet match when he pinned Samoa Joe.

- ODB won a Knockout Gauntlet match when she pinned Roxxi.

- Tomko comes out and calls out Kurt Angle to make his decision. He says he is with neither Angle or Christian and from now on he only takes orders from himself.

- Booker T and his surprise partner, Christian, defeated Kurt Angle & Robert Roode. After the match, Booker & Christian called out AJ Styles to make his choice. AJ came out, but then he just screamed "Tomko" and ran to the back.

3 Gauntlet matches, I like TNA but they are seriously killing the meaning of the "gimmick match" last night we had a pole match, Ladder, and cage match I think we can safely say this

TNA: WE ARE RUSSO BOOKING

3 Gauntlet matches, I like TNA but they are seriously killing the meaning of the "gimmick match" last night we had a pole match, Ladder, and cage match I think we can safely say this

People can say 'it's all Russo's fault' but I thought it was Jeff Jarrett and Dutch doing the all booking? And Russo's job is just to turn into a tv show. Heck, you could even say he's doing a good job considering impact manages to be semi coherent.

People can say 'it's all Russo's fault' but I thought it was Jeff Jarrett and Dutch doing the all booking? And Russo's job is just to turn into a tv show. Heck, you could even say he's doing a good job considering impact manages to be semi coherent.

The booking is Jarrett, Russo and Mantel, with suggestions from a few others, but those three being the main team. Jarrett makes the final call, but Russo's influence has been obvious from the day he came back, with it becoming more stronger in recent weeks.

I'm thinking this might be two weeks worth of taping Impact here possibly....

I would think each of those gauntlets gave a title shot to each winner at the next ppv or something. Just seems to possibly make sense, but who knows. That's going to be a redundant part of the show, though - three gauntlet battle royales in a row?!! Maybe they will be spread out through the show, or I suppose its possible they could do one gauntlet match throughout the next three shows?

I'll say it again, I'm just not feeling Christian as a babyface at all. He was one of few very strong heels in the company who was doing just fine, as is. Booker, out of the blue, picking Christian is pretty weird. As for what they are doing with Styles, who knows. He'll probably ending up joining Christian, and turning babyface from that, and then maybe in short time, Christian goes back heel and works a program with him after this Christian/Angle deal (which probably will be the main event of the next ppv, or maybe even a four way for the belt w/ Angle/Tomko/Styles/Christian.)

And they pushed the button on a Nash/Joe feud it seems. That might work, might not, but at least they are following up from the ppv, when, be that if all of that was a shoot or not, got some buzz going on something out of the ordinary in the storylines. How that program will be handled will at least be interesting. My guess is that Nash will be expected to put Joe over strongly, and he had vocally before always said he would love to work against him AND put him over, so we'll see how politics play in this one.

It should really be: TNA - We Love Mystery Partner Angles.

Are the briefcase things like MiTB? Where they can use them whenever they please?

It should really be: TNA - We Love Mystery Partner Angles.

Are the briefcase things like MiTB? Where they can use them whenever they please?

no one...including the writers...know the answer to that.

Shh they're on strike!

Hasn't Jarrett been largely absent from TNA's creative of late? Or was that just after his wife's death and he's back full time now?

Let's just be honest about this: Russo is booking. When you do _______ on a poll matches, mystery partner matches every week, 15 things happening at once, tweeners running wild.....that's Russo. Even if it IS Jarrett and Mantel mostly booking they are doing Russo style stuff.

Hasn't Jarrett been largely absent from TNA's creative of late? Or was that just after his wife's death and he's back full time now?

He's back now.

TNA's mobile news text service has said that Karen Angle broke her leg last night at the tapings. How did she do it? She landed wrong when leaving the ring.

EDIT: It's actually a broken foot. Still, it's quite the way to break a foot.

He's back now.

TNA's mobile news text service has said that Karen Angle broke her leg last night at the tapings. How did she do it? She landed wrong when leaving the ring.

So I reckon they'll film a backstage segment of Kurt putting Karen in the ankle lock leading to the big match of . . . ummmmm . . . well it'll be good for business I'm sure. Something like that.

He's back now.

So I reckon they'll film a backstage segment of Kurt putting Karen in the ankle lock leading to the big match of . . . ummmmm . . . well it'll be good for business I'm sure. Something like that.

Shhhhhhh, they'll hear you.

Honestly, Tomko has improved immensely. He and AJ have grown on me as a team as well. "Serious" Tomko is working very well. They need to distance him from Angle and Christian to let him really have a chance to shine. Not that I'm sure he will, but what I've been seeing from him, both in the ring and out, has been surprisingly good.

Is it just me or is it really obvious when Don West reads notes during announcing. His reading voice and his commentary voice are completely different.

Yep. The sad part is, whether he's reading his script or adlibbing, he's always awful. He sounds like he's been kicked in the unmentionables while having an asthma attack.

I watched some of the show on Thursday, basically just caught the segment where I THOUGHT they were apologizing for last week before revealing TNA "HQ" was extremely happy with the ratings for the show and thus "Matt Morgan" is a booking genius. Good work.

When did TNA take Hall back? I figured he was finished after no showing.

I too noticed that horrid Cornette/Morgan segment, with Cornette yelling at him over booking all that goofy gimmick crap on the Christmas show, then Morgan showing him the bonus check and that the Office was thrilled with their ratings and matchmaking.

That was such a disturbing and devious segment. Basically it said to the viewers: 1. Cornette is an out of touch old fool and if you agree with him about that booking then fuck you. 2. Morgan = Russo. 3. Constant gimmick matches are what people want to see and further what makes TNA's management happy.

This show gets more and more closer to the worst of WCW each and every single week. I've been watching every week once again, I'm not quite sure why though, and it's just painful.