TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The Mitchell Report

It's called a message board. People will often respond to your posts with *gasp* messages! Some of them will contain actual thoughts. That might be a foreign word to a Yankee fan, but I'll save you the link to Webster's dictionary. Ask your parents to explain the concept.

Oh yeah, grow up.

Woa, woa, woa. Slow your roll!

It's called a message board. People will often respond to your posts with *gasp* messages! Some of them will contain actual thoughts. That might be a foreign word to a Yankee fan, but I'll save you the link to Webster's dictionary. Ask your parents to explain the concept.

Oh yeah, grow up.

Woa, woa, woa. Slow your roll!

Hey, I said might!

It took me a grand total of FIFTEEN FUCKING MINUTES to make that post. And it was 4:30 when I made it. It was still light outside! I'm leaving in a half-hour, too.

God, I suck. How dare I spend 15 minutes to make a post. It probably took him that long just to read it.

Pettitte's admission makes Clemens look pretty bad. Pettitte has basically said that everything McNamee said regarding him is true, which makes it incredibly hard to believe that he'd lie about Clemens while telling the truth about Pettitte. Clemens is going to regret issuing such a hardline denial.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Pettitte's admission makes Clemens look pretty bad. Pettitte has basically said that everything McNamee said regarding him is true, which makes it incredibly hard to believe that he'd lie about Clemens while telling the truth about Pettitte. Clemens is going to regret issuing such a hardline denial.

People are wondering if Pettitte realizes that he threw Clemens under the bus. Of course he knows that. Clemens will probably follow up by admitting to HGH usage too, given that if you look at Clemens' recent career he seems to have this tendency to follow Pettitte and steal the spotlight.

People are wondering if Pettitte realizes that he threw Clemens under the bus. Of course he knows that. Clemens will probably follow up by admitting to HGH usage too, given that if you look at Clemens' recent career he seems to have this tendency to follow Pettitte and steal the spotlight.

No way, Clemens will up the bar. When he steals the spotlight, he steals it in the biggest way he can. He'll probably send out rumors that he did it followed by ones he didn't do it and hold three different press conferences with three different messages before finally holding a tearful long press conference where he admits to injecting HGH, Roids, Bull Hormones, Stem Cells and having his arm secretly replaced with a robotic one that keeps his fastball fresh.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka

No way, Clemens will up the bar. When he steals the spotlight, he steals it in the biggest way he can. He'll probably send out rumors that he did it followed by ones he didn't do it and hold three different press conferences with three different messages before finally holding a tearful long press conference where he admits to injecting HGH, Roids, Bull Hormones, Stem Cells and having his arm secretly replaced with a robotic one that keeps his fastball fresh.

And by the way, A-Rod and Jeter both bummed some of those bull hormones off of me.

And I injected it into their asses myself.

Oh, and I'm re-signing with the Yankees for $25 million per start.

Out of love for the game.

Considering what Mitchell wasn't given, I think he did OK with the report. He only got two players to talk to him...Giambi and Frank Thomas (and Giambi only because Selig forced him to). He had no subpoena power to make anyone else talk, plus the MLBPA refused to do anything for him at all. That's why I thought it laughable that the union whined about not getting any advance copies.

If Selig and Fehr really cared about the good of the game and not jerking off all over themselves over the money they made, they'd tender their resignations right now. Selig was enjoying the possibility of not being remembered as the commish that cancelled the World Series. Now he can be remembered for that and the roid era as he allowed it to happen. Plus, Fehr blocked attempts to stop everything. Wouldn't that be considered criminal if roids are illegal?

Criminal? Hardly. Otherwise any workplace could foist drug testing on any workforce. Random home searches? Why not.

Besides, all the other sports managed to avoid the steroid issue? Not one has the problem under control.

Clemens speech may be canceled

Rocket scheduled to speak at Texas coaches convention

By Alyson Footer / MLB.com

HOUSTON -- The Texas High School Baseball coaches Association will likely cancel an appearance by Roger Clemens, according to a report by the Houston Chronicle.

The original Chronicle story stated the THSBCA canceled the appearance, but in a later, revised story, the paper said the association will hold a meeting on Tuesday, at which time it is "expected" that Clemens will be removed as the keynote speaker at a January convention in Waco.

While a final decision has not been made, Clemens -- who was to speak on Jan. 12 -- has been removed from THSBCA's website, where he was scheduled to speak at 11 a.m CT, the paper said.

The topic of the speech was to be "my vigorous workout, how I played so long [in professional baseball]."

Clemens was named in the Mitchell report released last week. The seven-time Cy Young winner was identified by Mitchell as having used performance-enhancing drugs as early as 1998. Clemens has denied the allegations.

Alyson Footer is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Man, did Bristol accept the shit out of that fake-ass Pettitte apology or what.

The message I'm getting from the media and the players is something like "Hey kids, taking HGH to heal injuries is not so bad. Just as long as you're not doing it to get an edge, or hit for power. *wink wink nudge nudge* In summary cheating to heal is good, cheating to perform better is bad."

I think that's going to be the new excuse, "I only did it to heal, and I never did steroids!"

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
The message I'm getting from the media and the players is something like "Hey kids, taking HGH to heal injuries is not so bad. Just as long as you're not doing it to get an edge, or hit for power. *wink wink nudge nudge* In summary cheating to heal is good, cheating to perform better is bad."

I think that's going to be the new excuse, "I only did it to heal, and I never did steroids!"

Pro wrestlers rejoice. Take that, wellness policy! I'm just trying to help myself heal from injuries. I just took a bump off of a ladder and crashed through a flaming table covered in barbed wire. Your elbow is sore? That's too bad.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3233878

Former personal trainer Brian McNamee has turned physical evidence that he believes will show Roger Clemens used performance-enhancing drugs over to federal investigators, his attorneys told the New York Daily News.

"This is evidence the government has that we believe will corroborate Brian in every significant way," McNamee lawyer Earl Ward told the Daily News.

The lawyers wouldn't discuss what the evidence is, but a source told the Daily News that McNamee gave vials with traces of steroids and human growth hormone, as well as blood-stained syringes and gauze pads that might contain Clemens' DNA, to the Justice Department's BALCO investigators.

The evidence has been sent to a lab for testing, and prosecutors might seek a court order for a DNA sample from Clemens if the evidence contains traces of drugs and blood, the Daily News reported.

McNamee kept the vials, gauze pads and syringes from the 2000 and 2001 seasons because he feared Clemens would deny using performance-enhancing drugs, the source told the Daily News.

"We will provide Congress with corroborative physical evidence that takes this case out of the he-said, she-said purview," another McNamee attorney, Richard Emery, told the Daily News. "From our point of view, this corroborates that Brian told the truth from Day One and Clemens has not."

Other witnesses may also come forward with information that corroborates McNamee's, the source told the Daily News.

Clemens gave a sworn deposition for about five hours to congressional lawyers behind closed doors Tuesday, addressing his former personal trainer's allegations. And this time, Clemens was under oath.

"I just want to thank the committee, the staff that I just met with. They were very courteous," the seven-time Cy Young Award winner said, wearing a pinstriped gray suit instead of a pinstriped New York Yankees uniform. "It was great to be able to tell them what I've been saying all along -- that I've never used steroids or growth hormone."

Tuesday's deposition was the first time Clemens faced legal risk if he were to make false statements.

In the 1½ months since former Senate majority leader George Mitchell released his report on drug use in baseball, Clemens strongly and repeatedly denied what McNamee said -- in statements by his lawyers, in a written statement, in a video statement, during a taped TV interview and in a live news conference.

Clemens' private testimony to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform came one day after his Yankees teammate and workout partner, Andy Pettitte, gave a deposition to committee staff for 2½ hours. Both players' interviews were preparation for a Feb. 13 public hearing expected to focus on McNamee's allegations in the Mitchell report that he injected Clemens more than a dozen times with human growth hormone and steroids in 1998, 2000 and 2001.

Clemens acknowledged he received injections from McNamee, but he said they were for vitamin B-12 and the painkiller lidocaine. His repeated rejection of contents in the Mitchell report drew Congress' attention.

Clemens, Pettitte and McNamee all are slated to testify Feb. 13.

McNamee will discuss his evidence with the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on Thursday, when he is interviewed by its attorneys.

McNamee kept the vials, gauze pads and syringes from the 2000 and 2001 seasons because he feared Clemens would deny using performance-enhancing drugs, the source told the Daily News.

He kept gauze pads for six years as evidence just in case he would get arrested and have to present evidence against Roger Clemens as part of a plea bargain?

They're not like tax records. You don't have to wait seven years to throw them away.

It smells like possible bullshit, but it's possible that this is true. He was doing something illegal, and if he was thinking straight he would want to keep his hands on proof in case someone like Roger Clemens down the line decides to lie about it once you're all caught. I'd think it would be more likely to have audio and/or video, but blood on something sounds good too.

If true, if true, then Clemens is likely boned.

I came upon The Mitchell Report here (player list in alphabetical order, previous entries = later letters): http://www.steroidlist.com/?cat=1

A lot of people talk about asterisking stats from essentially 1990 - 2003 but it struck me that a large majority of the players named in the list were mediocre to adequate players in general. Just take a gander at these studs: Ricky Bones, Jeremy Giambi, Marvin Benard, Tim Laker, Hal Morris, F.P. Santangelo, Ron Villone, and Fernando Vina.

The interesting names: Juan Gonzalez, Rafael Palmeiro, Ken Caminiti, Gary Sheffield, Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi, Lenny Dykstra, Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte, David Justice, Mo Vaughn, Miguel Tejada, Kevin Brown, Eric Gagne, Brendan Donnelly, Rick Ankiel, and Jose Guillen