Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy without a doubt

Best Tag Team: Londrick

Worst Tag Team: Majors

Best Heel: Edge

Best Face: John Cena

Best Diva: Beth Phoenix

Worst Diva: Torrie Wilson

Match of the Year: HHH/Orton LMS

Worst Match of the Year: Any big man squash (BDV, Snitsky, Khali etc.)

Quote of the Year: Anything from the awful Miz/Morrison commentary from ECW

Best Comeback: Jeff Hardy

Mark out moment of the year: Jericho and RVD returning

Funniest moment of the year: Cryme Tyme at Summerlam or Santino singing to "Rehab".

Best brand: Raw

Worst brand: Smackdown

Best PPV: Didn't watch any in full

Worst PPV: Didn't watch any in full

Best Feud: Hardy/MVP

Worst Feud: Umaga/HHH

Worst Moment of the Year: Obviously the Benoit shit

Guest Anubis

Fun stuff, let's go:

Wrestler of the year: John Cena/Shawn Michaels

Worst wrestler of the year: Snitzky

Most Improved Wrestler: Candice Michelle

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Carlito

Best Tag Team: The Hardyz

Worst Tag Team: Cody Rhodes/Hardcore Holly

Best Face: John Cena

Best Diva: Candice Michelle

Worst Diva: -

Match of the Year: Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena (RAW in London on April 23rd), Four-Way Main Event at Backlash

Worst Match of the Year: too much

Quote of the Year: there were quite some, but I don't remember

Best Comeback: Shawn Michaels

Mark out moment of the year: Shawn Michaels returns unexpectedly

Funniest moment of the year: Steve Austin beer bashes Marella, Marella/Jericho confrontation

Best brand: RAW

Worst brand: ECW

Best PPV: WrestleMania

Worst PPV: One Night Stand

Best Feud: MVP/Matt Hardy

Worst Feud: few

Worst Moment of the Year: the whole Benoit stuff, Khali becomes World Champion, Cena gets injured without dropping the title in advance and thus putting somebody over big time

Wrestler of the year: Jeff Hardy. Say what you want, but everything he's touched this year has been solid, if not almost great. He's upped his game a lot in the last year, cleaned up his act a reasonable amount (minus the Wellness violation over the summer), and now he's getting the push a lot of people felt (reasonably or unreasonably so) he should have gotten in '01 before the InVasion.

Worst wrestler of the year: John Cena. I know it's not "cool" to hate on Cena, but I really have not enjoyed a single one of his matches that people have clamored over this year (ESPECIALLY vs. HBK at 'Mania), and I find him dull, boring, and more vanilla than a lot of the X-Division guys in TNA.

Most Improved Wrestler: John Morrison. He was already showing a lot of promise upon entering the 'E as first Bischoff's lackey (and I still think they should've ran with him changing his name every week, it was entertaining) and then as half of MNM, but he's stepped it up since becoming ECW champ at Vengeance. His feud with Punk is the reason a lot of people gave WWECW a second chance, and they didn't disappoint. Now he's teaming with Miz, and actually making Miz look like a competent performer.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kendrick/London. And it's not their fault. WWE brass have chosen to not push these guys to the moon as THE top tag team, more so because of the WWE's apparent dislike of tag wrestling, and they've suffered. It also doesn't help that London repeatedly disobeys direct orders to not do the SSP (for their career, I mean). These guys have what it takes to be big at LEAST on a Hardy Boyz '00-'01 level, so why not do something with them?

Best Tag Team: London/Kendrick. They're really the only tag team, outside of Cade/Murdoch, that hasn't consistently been average or below average all year. They're exciting, they do the old-school thing of wearing matching attires, and they have enough small differences in their style to let people understand that outside of being a cohesive unit they're also individuals.

Worst Tag Team: Highlanders. It's a semi-good idea to have a tag team representing Scotland, the land of my ancestors, but making them into fucking rednecks with a different accent? Pfft. Doesn't help that they suck in the ring, either.

Best Heel: Are you fucking kidding me? Edge. For the second year in a row. He gets genuine heat by being opportunistic, and he works a great heel promo.

Best Face: HBK. Put anybody up against HBK and they're getting boo'd. The fans have so much respect for Michaels' in-ring ability and legacy that there's no way he wouldn't be the top face.

Best Diva: Mickie James, for being not only the hottest one, but also the best wrestler of the bunch.

Worst Diva: Kelly Kelly. I was going to put Maria, but then I remembered that Maria is actually mildly entertaining on the stick. KK's better on the eyes, but she's utterly useless.

Match of the Year: Cena/Orton from SSlam from what I've seen (which isn't a whole lot, as I've been focusing more on RoH this year). If only for the heat the audience was giving Cena at the beginning when Orton put him in a SIDE HEADLOCK for a few minutes.

Worst Match of the Year: Kelly Kelly vs. Layla El from WWECW a week or two ago. Awful, just awful.

Quote of the Year:

Santino: It's Santino!

Jericho: Santana?

Etc. etc. etc.

Just utter fucking hilarity.

Best Comeback: Jericho. Been back for a little over a month, and he's had a pair of *** matches at LEAST. That's with two years of ring rust, too. I still love Jericho vs. Umaga from Jericho's 2nd or 3rd week back. Just solid, solid shit.

Mark out moment of the year: Jeff Hardy hitting a seated senton off of a 12-foot ladder onto Edge THROUGH a ladder on the outside. I legitimately thought both guys might have suffered career-threatening injuries right then and there.

Funniest moment of the year: See "Quote of the year."

Best brand: Raw, by default as I still don't care for WWECW, and I'm rarely home to watch SmackDown.

Worst brand: WWECW. A good Punk/Morrison series, building Viscera into a believable monster again, and Elijah Burke's continuing rise doesn't save the brand.

Best PPV: SummerSlam, because it's the only WWE PPV besides 'Mania I ordered, and it was better than 'Mania.

Worst PPV: 'Mania, just because it was underwhelming, and, again, I only order WM and SSlam.

Best Feud: HBK/Orton. They built up Michaels' superkick ENDING Orton so fucking perfectly it makes it greater than it probably is.

Worst Feud: HHH/Umaga. I'm supposed to take Umaga seriously after HHH beats him decisively each and every time? Riiiiiight. The matches were decent, but the feud itself was horribly booked.

Worst Moment of the Year: Like this needs mentioning...Benoit.

Worst wrestler of the year: John Cena. I know it's not "cool" to hate on Cena, but I really have not enjoyed a single one of his matches that people have clamored over this year (ESPECIALLY vs. HBK at 'Mania), and I find him dull, boring, and more vanilla than a lot of the X-Division guys in TNA.

Match of the Year: Cena/Orton from SSlam from what I've seen (which isn't a whole lot, as I've been focusing more on RoH this year). If only for the heat the audience was giving Cena at the beginning when Orton put him in a SIDE HEADLOCK for a few minutes.

Huh?

Wrestler of the year: John Cena. I simply can't think of anyone else to say, since almost everyone else missed a lot of time this year.

Worst wrestler of the year: Snitsky. There isn't a guy who has had a more horrendously boring push than Snitsky despite not being even the slightest bit over.

Most Improved Wrestler: MVP. Gotta be him really, everyone else I could say has shown flashes of brilliance in the past.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy. Should be a runaway winner here. The guy has blown so many chances, gotten hurt at the wrong time, and seemingly regressed as a worker.

Best Tag Team: London and Kendrick. This is mostly for their first half of the year, since they've been largely buried since. Miz and Morrison might be 2nd but haven't teamed long enough.

Worst Tag Team: Holly and Rhodes. I'm just not feeling these guys teaming at all. It might work if they gave it some actual time on Raw to develop, but as is it just isn't over.

Best Heel: Edge. I could say Orton but I think he draws more of an actual hate or X-Pac type heat, whereas Edge draws good heel heat.

Best Face: Jeff Hardy. He's really been the only consistently over guy on Raw all year.

Best Diva: Beth Phoenix. Not sure of the criteria of this award, but since she has the women's title right now I'll give this to her.

Worst Diva: Michelle McCool. Though Noble is currently carrying her in this amusing SD storyline, she has zilch in terms of personality or anything in the ring.

Match of the Year: Undertaker vs. Batista from WM.

Worst Match of the Year: Candice vs. Beth Phoenix from Raw, where Candice damn near broke her neck.

Quote of the Year: Cause Stone Cold said it be so!

Best Comeback: Edge. He came back and won the title immediately and is an inspiration to us all.

Mark out moment of the year: I'll go with RVD showing up and squashing Santino on the 15 anniversary Raw. Didn't see it coming.

Funniest moment of the year: Santino's various raggings on The Condemned.

Best brand: Smackdown. Raw has too much Vince and talky bullshit and ECW has largely been trash. Smackdown is the last frontier of sane booking and solid wrestling.

Worst brand: ECW. At this point it's nothing but a waste of 1 hour per week.

Best PPV: Royal Rumble. Cena/Umaga was good and the Rumble itself was one of the best in recent memory.

Worst PPV: No Way Out. Just lame filler to set up WM.

Best Feud: MVP vs. Matt, though it really hasn't had a conclusion to it.

Worst Feud: Vince and Co. vs. Lashley. Having Vince win the ECW belt pretty much made it clear that the title is a joke.

Worst Moment of the Year: Benoit.

Best Heel: Edge. I could say Orton but I think he draws more of an actual hate or X-Pac type heat, whereas Edge draws good heel heat.

Out of interest: how can you know what type of heat someone is drawing, unless you go around and ask each person why they're booing them?

Not neccessarily about Orton or Edge, but that's something that's always annoyed me whenever someone says 'he was drawing x pac heat.'

Well Orton draws X-Pac heat from me, which is why I mentioned it.

Yes, but you didn't say 'from me', you sounded like you meant it generally. And saying 'I think he draws more of an actual hate' sounds like your talking about your view of other fans rather than yourself.

I see what cabbage is trying to say. I think the general fanbase respects Edge more than Orton. Compare:

-Edge has been around longer, has done all those crazy ladder and TLC and hardcore matches, cuts a good promo, stole Lita and made both Kane and Matt Hardy his bitch, was the first guy to beat Cena for the belt and the only guy to ever do it twice, did the opportunist MITB title switch twice, pinned Batista a buncha times, lost his last title without ever getting beat for it, cost Undertaker the belt twice and got away with it, and seduced Smackdown's GM.

-Orton talks in a monotone, does a bunch of headlocks, hasn't killed any legends in quite a while, loses most of his matches, was almost handed the belt by Vince after he repeatedly failed to beat the previous champ, has feuds which seem to only get blown off when his kayfabe clearly superior opponents get bored and decide to go fight someone else, got laid out by superkicks every week for a month straight, and occasionally stomps someone in the head.

Edge, besides being a much more "cool" heel, has been portrayed as being much more aggressive, intelligent, personally loathesome, and generally more threatening to his opponents.

Also, to all the people voting for Highlanders as Worst Team: have you not seen a Deuce and Domino match this year? They manage to fuck up the most basic shit every single week. I saw one of them blow a goddamn armdrag a couple months ago. By comparison, the sheepfuckers only have middling ring skills, and have been continually fucked over by the dumb gimmick and inconsistent booking.

All valid points but Edge only beat Cena for the belt once (though he did pin him to successfully defend it at SummerSlam 2006). I also think Orton officially WAS handed the title (not "almost"), then lost it in his first defense. It doesn't take away from what you were saying (and the Orton point actually helps), but internet nitpickery and all...

Huh?

It's my understanding that the opinion on Orton/Cena from SSlam '07 is pretty divided. Some call it a very good match, and others call it boring and Cena's worst. I'm of the former. I was referring to the feuds with Michaels and Umaga, and even the "miracle" with Khali. I wasn't impressed by anything Cena had done, and I only liked this match because of Orton's heel work. The headlock that started the match made perfect sense, much more sense than HBK destroying Cena's knee for the first half of their Mania match only for Cena to shrug it off like it was nothing at all, since Orton had been working on Cena's head to weaken it for the Concussion Kick in the weeks prior.

I wish I watched more WWE shows this year, as it seems there were some outstanding matches, and if Jericho/Umaga wasn't just a throwaway match and thus not as important overall as Orton/Cena from SSlam, I would've given the vote to that.

Wrestler of the year: Shawn Michaels, just based on the fact that he can still go after all these years. I don't care for Cena, and I can't think of anyone else really standing out in big time quality matches this year.

Worst wrestler of the year: Snitsky. I wouldn't bother mentioning him, but WWE keeps using him in semi-high profile squash situations, and he just isn't special at all.

Most Improved Wrestler: MVP. This doesn't need much explanation. The guy started out the year being hated by most everyone on the internet, and now he's regarded as a quality worker. As an aside, JBL should get a production credit on MVP's career.

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy. Like I've said elsewhere, I can't remember the last time someone so hyped by both the WWE and the internet has achieved so little.

Best Tag Team: London/Kendrick...they were brought to RAW for a reason, though WWE doesn't do much with them.

Worst Tag Team: Jim Duggan/Super Crazy. Super Crazy is a joke at this point, and Duggan has no business being on my TV screen in 2007.

Best Heel: Randy Orton. The guy does what he does.

Best Face: CM Punk. Having him pretend to join the New Breed and then turn on them right away was pretty good.

Best Diva: Uh, hmmm...Mickie James.

Worst Diva: Any of the numerous Diva Search runner-ups who've gotten on TV with no explanation. I guess if I have to name one, then Brooke.

Match of the Year: I think I have to go with the one from ECW where Punk won the title from Morrison.

Worst Match of the Year: Something a few weeks ago on RAW where Coach, Hornswoggle, and Foley (as referee) were all on my TV. None of them have any business doing so at this point. Yes, that goes for you too, Mr. Foley.

Quote of the Year: Something Santino said about someone being a street prostitute. I can't remember the exact quote, or who it was in reference to. Santino would probably get all of my Top Five quotes for this year. He's genuinely funny.

Best Comeback: Jeff Hardy. I mean, if someone had told you that he'd be in line for a title shot at the Royal Rumble, would you have believed them?

Mark out moment of the year: Marty Jannetty coming back to RAW for a match...of course, once he actually got in the ring, it was pretty much downhill from there (again, thanks, Kennedy).

Funniest moment of the year: On the "Who is Vince's bastard?" episode of RAW, Triple H and Vince being in the ring at the same time. Up until the point where Hornswoggle was revealed to be the son.

Best brand: Smackdown! (duh) Good wrestling with usually at least decent storylines. No brainer here.

Worst brand: RAW...yes, it's been by and large worse than even ECW this year. Mostly bland or forgettable wrestling coupled with some really bad storylines and terrible Looney Tunes rip-off comedy lately. Basically the only time it's been really good is when they bring a big star back, have a special episode (15th Anniversary), or scrap the charade that is the "brand extension" so they can actually have some good matches on TV. RAW has been far and away the worst of the three shows in terms of creating new stars. I mean, ECW has been able to do things with the likes of Viscera, Stevie Richards, and Ballz Mahoney, while the likes of Carlito, Umaga, and Shelton Benjamin stumbled around the RAW landscape with no direction at all, with most being fed to Cena or Triple H and then promptly forgotten about.

Best PPV: Royal Rumble (it was the only one I ordered), which had a good and entertaining Rumble match, a good brawl with Cena/Umaga, and a decent formula tag team match on the undercard.

Worst PPV: I don't know, there's probably been a couple stinkers, but I haven't ordered them.

Best Feud: MVP/Matt Hardy. Long enough to warrant a mention, and they kept it interesting. Hardy's injury even worked with the continuing storyline, after MVP gave him one of the best beatings seen on TV in a long time.

Worst Feud: Khali/Hornswoggle, if that counts. I really hate the midget, if you can't tell.

Worst Moment of the Year: There have actually been some really bad moments in WWE this year. I'm too lazy to dig for it now, but I started a thread a few months back entitled "2007: Most Disastrous Year in WWE History?" that mentioned quite a few of WWE's missteps and misfortunes this year. Of course, the death of Chris Benoit and his family pretty much wins by default, but I'm guessing this ends up being a year Vince McMahon is glad to put behind him, even if business is still going relatively well.

Let me clarify the Orton draws X-Pac heat comment. I don't seem to notice Orton ever drawing much in the way of heat on shows at all. When he comes out, it's basically like hearing crickets chirp. He drew heat at times with Cena but that was all Cena and any jabroni could be in the ring with him. So what kind of heat is a guy drawing when he draws no real reactions of his own yet is pushed for whatever reason?

Orton has had some good matches this year, like with Edge on Raw or the HHH LMS match. I even like the RVD stretcher match from ONS, though admittedly the finish was a bit silly. Orton almost has to be saved from himself though, cause when left to his own devices he regresses into his headlocks and bullshit.

Also, to all the people voting for Highlanders as Worst Team: have you not seen a Deuce and Domino match this year? They manage to fuck up the most basic shit every single week. I saw one of them blow a goddamn armdrag a couple months ago. By comparison, the sheepfuckers only have middling ring skills, and have been continually fucked over by the dumb gimmick and inconsistent booking.

Domino is nearly as bad as Snitsky in terms of worst wrestler. Duece (He's Snuka's son right. That's how I tell them apart.) is pretty bad as well, but not on the level of Domino. Highlanders are really bland and dull, but offensively terrible.

I like Deuce and Domino for their gimmick. I guess I haven't noticed a lot of their mess ups in the ring. Then again, they're on Smackdown, which is taped, so a lot of that stuff probably gets covered up.

Oh yeah, just pay attention, D&D are that damn bad. Worse than the Highlanders, worse than Crymetyme, worse than the Majors, worse than Duggan & Crazy, noticably spot-blowingly horrible. They've got the same kind of negative instincts and anti-ring-generalism that Kennedy has, except they're even worse and there's two of 'em. Add in a ridiculously fucking stupid gimmick, a useless valet, and the fact that the company actually jobbed Londrick's title to these non-working clowns, and you've got a perfect storm of suck.

My memory has gotten horrible over the corse of 2007...that and seeing how WWE has sucked for a good portion of the year, I will try to do my best to fill this out.

Wrestler of the year: C.M. Punk (Punk's had a really good year all year long)

Worst wrestler of the year: John Cena (I don't care what anyone says, he's a sucks in the ring.)

Most Improved Wrestler: Mr. Kennedy (I love watching his matches)

Most Underachieving Wrestler Carlito

Best Tag Team: Jesse and Festus

Worst Tag Team: Tie: The Major Brothers and Cody Rhodes and Hardore Holly

Best Face: HBK

Best Diva: Mickie James

Worst Diva: Maryse

Most Improved Diva: Candice Michelle (Yeah I added that one, every match Candice has had, she's improved in-ring just a little bit, now if she would just stop getting hurt.)

Match of the Year: Mr. Kennedy vs Batista at the 2007 Royal Rumble. (This is the only match that stands out in my mind for 2007)

Worst Match of the Year: Roise vs Trump (when WWE fans are chanting "we want wrestling" there's a problem.)

Quote of the Year: DAMN!

Best Comeback:

Mark out moment of the year: Gangrel on the 15th Aniversity (I was hanging out with him the night before)

Funniest moment of the year: Anything involving Santino

Best brand: ECW

Worst brand: RAW

Best PPV: Royal Rumble (I think it was the only one I saw this year.)

Worst PPV: ......

Best Feud: Punk vs Morrison

Worst Feud: HHH vs Umaga (HHH killing Umaga all the time.)

Worst Moment of the Year: Finding out Hornswoggle is McMahon's 3rd kid.

Wrestler of the year: CM Punk

Worst wrestler of the year: Snitsky

Most Improved Wrestler: Jeff Hardy

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kennedy

Best Tag Team: Londrick

Worst Tag Team: Deuce & Domino

Best Face: Jeff Hardy

Worst Diva: Kelly Kelly

Match of the Year: Undertaker vs. Batista (Wrestlemania)

Worst Match of the Year: Fake Rosie vs. Fake Trump

Quote of the Year: Santino's "I'm going to open up a can of the ass whip!"

Best Comeback: Shawn Michaels

Mark out moment of the year: Punk winning the ECW title

Funniest moment of the year: Santino's promos

Best brand: Smackdown

Worst brand: Raw

Best PPV: Wrestlemania

Worst PPV: Vengeance

Best Feud: MVP/Hardy

Worst Feud: HHH/Umaga

Worst Moment of the Year: Benoit tragedy/Hornswoggle McMahon

Wrestler of the year: Randy Orton

Worst wrestler of the year: Great Khali

Most Improved Wrestler: Randy Orton

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Shelton Benjerman

Best Tag Team: Cade & Murdock

Worst Tag Team: Highlanders

Best Heel: Randy Orton

Best Face: HBK

Worst Diva: Melina

Match of the Year: HBK/Orton/Edge/Cena Backlash

Worst Match of the Year: Punjabi Prison Match

Quote of the Year: Santino many lines

Best Comeback: HHH

Mark out moment of the year: Flair beating Orton on RAW

Funniest moment of the year: Dating Show

Best brand: RAW

Worst brand: ECW

Best PPV: Rumble

Worst PPV: Vengence

Best Feud: Hardy-MVP

Worst Feud: The Current big man fued on SD

Worst Moment of the Year: Vince being blown up

Worst wrestler of the year: John Cena (I don't care what anyone says, he's a sucks in the ring.)

The irony of that statement is ridiculous.

-Edge has been around longer, has done all those crazy ladder and TLC and hardcore matches, cuts a good promo, stole Lita and made both Kane and Matt Hardy his bitch, was the first guy to beat Cena for the belt and the only guy to ever do it twice, did the opportunist MITB title switch twice, pinned Batista a buncha times, lost his last title without ever getting beat for it, cost Undertaker the belt twice and got away with it, and seduced Smackdown's GM.

Edge didn't beat Cena for the title twice. The second time, Edge won the WWE Title from Rob Van Dam in a triple threat match that involved Cena.

Wrestler of the year: C.M. Punk (Punk's had a really good year all year long)

Are you high? Or just a fucking moron?

Wrestler of the year: John Cena

Worst wrestler of the year:

Most Improved Wrestler: Randy Orton (ring skills were always there but ring generalship has come along strong)

Most Underachieving Wrestler: Kane (not sure quite how to define this). He has talent but goes largely unused.

Best Tag Team: Hardy Boys. Honorable mention to Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch. I just can't vote against the Hardys, they're the best team of our generation.

Worst Tag Team: Deuce and Domino

Best Heel: Randy Orton

Best Face: Jeff Hardy

Best Diva: Beth Phoenix

Worst Diva: Ashley

Most Improved Diva: Beth

Match of the Year: John Cena vs. Umaga, Royal Rumble

Worst Match of the Year: Womens' Battle Royal, Summerslam

Quote of the Year: "She's saying she WANTS to have your illegitimate son." -Coachman explains Mae Young's presence to Vince McMahon at Summerslam.

Best Comeback: None.

Mark out moment of the year: For me, seeing Dusty Rhodes, Mick Foley and Roddy Piper make live appearances at Raw in Wilkes-Barre.

Funniest moment of the year: Dance party at Wrestlemania

Best brand: Haven't seen enough to make a judgment.

Worst brand: Ditto.

Best PPV: Wrestlemania, honorable mention for the Rumble.

Worst PPV: Unforgiven

Best Feud: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels

Worst Feud: Bobby Lashley vs. Vince McMahon

Worst Moment of the Year: Benoit of course.

Edge didn't beat Cena for the title twice. The second time, Edge won the WWE Title from Rob Van Dam in a triple threat match that involved Cena.

Shame no one pointed that out earlier...

Yeah, that's the point I tried to make when I pointed out what Enigma was saying a page ago (surprised he didn't repost it in General wrestling for no real reason). He only won the title once, but he pinned him at SummerSlam to retain it.