DAL @ WAS

KC @ NYJ

STL @ ARI

SD @ OAK

MIN @ DEN

PIT @ BAL

Night game

TEN @ IND

Goodell hits the jackpot as his NE/NYG game is exclusively on the NFL network, as the cable companies won't bite on his arbitration offer. Either way it sucks to be 70% of the fanbase.

NBC snags a close second with the TEN/IND game becoming the sixth wild card spot deciding game.

Fun question: If somebody beats New England in the divisional round, do the Patriots call this year a failure?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

So almost all of the playoff spots are settled, and my team is officially in the preseason already. If you want to vocally support Favre as an MVP, be my guest, but you're nuts.

Games that matter:

Tennessee @ Indianapolis. Titans win and they're in; lose and they're out. Lots of folks are predicting that the Colts phone this one in, but I have a feeling that they want to reduce the odds of facing a divisional team in the playoffs.

New Orleans @ Chicago

Dallas @ Washington

Minnesota @ Denver

The three hangers-on in the NFC Wildcard are all in games that could be easy to lose. It's the derby to see who gets bounced in Seattle. Washington wins and they're in. Washington loses/Minnesota wins and the Vikings are in. Washington/Minnesota lose and New Orleans wins, the Saints are in.

I like Minnesota's chances, personally. I think Chicago is going to play spoiler asshole, wrecking Green Bay's hope for home field and now New Orleans' playoff spot. Denver blows ass right now. The Vikings are winning that one. It all comes down to the Cowboys/Skins game, and I don't know how much I like Washington.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Fun question: If somebody beats New England in the divisional round, do the Patriots call this year a failure?

Maybe, maybe not, but I call the season a success no matter who wins it after them.

Except Green Bay.

So almost all of the playoff spots are settled, and my team is officially in the preseason already. If you want to vocally support Favre as an MVP, be my guest, but you're nuts.

Games that matter:

Tennessee @ Indianapolis. Titans win and they're in; lose and they're out. Lots of folks are predicting that the Colts phone this one in, but I have a feeling that they want to reduce the odds of facing a divisional team in the playoffs.

New Orleans @ Chicago

Dallas @ Washington

Minnesota @ Denver

The three hangers-on in the NFC Wildcard are all in games that could be easy to lose. It's the derby to see who gets bounced in Seattle. Washington wins and they're in. Washington loses/Minnesota wins and the Vikings are in. Washington/Minnesota lose and New Orleans wins, the Saints are in.

I like Minnesota's chances, personally. I think Chicago is going to play spoiler asshole, wrecking Green Bay's hope for home field and now New Orleans' playoff spot. Denver blows ass right now. The Vikings are winning that one. It all comes down to the Cowboys/Skins game, and I don't know how much I like Washington.

Thats what i was thinking. Do it to screw over a rival. Same way with the Cowboys game.

I think the Colts try to win to eliminate a team, but lets be honest, what are the chances the Colts would see them again, because there is no chance they play before the AFC title game.

Better question, since the '72 Dolphins and their fans tend to add the postseason totals to the Perfect Season, does that mean, and it doesn't have to be in the Divisional Round, they still lay to their claim as the "only "true" unbeaten team in modern NFL history" despite sharing the "Perfect Regular Season" title with the 2007 Pats?

They're already sharing the unbeaten regular season with 2 iterations of the Bears, so they'll do what they continue to do and just say "Perfect season" as opposed to "Perfect regular season"

Guest Vitamin X

Fun fact regarding Green Bay's shitty play in shitty weather last week: They didn't hold a single practice outdoors all week. McCarthy says this was to keep their practice schedule consistent and not disrupt things with weather and all that as a distraction. WTF? Oh, and here's worse:

McCarthy said Packers will continue to practice indoors

Tuesday, Dec 25, 2007 12:34 pm EST

Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy will conduct workouts inside the Don Hutson Center as usual this week the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

Despite the Packers' awful performance in the worst of wintry conditions Sunday, there are no plans to haul the team outdoors for practice.

McCarthy's message to his team when it returns for the start of the work week Wednesday is to use the 35-7 drubbing at the hands of the rival Chicago Bears as a lesson in how not to approach a cold-weather game. He refuses to believe his team was ill-prepared for the cold temperatures and brisk winds. He just thinks they let it affect them more than the Bears did.

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Ugh. This doesn't bode well.

Better question, since the '72 Dolphins and their fans tend to add the postseason totals to the Perfect Season, does that mean, and it doesn't have to be in the Divisional Round, they still lay to their claim as the "only "true" unbeaten team in modern NFL history" despite sharing the "Perfect Regular Season" title with the 2007 Pats?

If the Pats don't go 19-0 then they don't go undefeated.

Guest BenJarvis GreenEllis

OMGZ MOST MASSHOLES CANT WATCH A MEANINGLESS GAME FOR A MEANINGLESS RECORD.

When will some player dive at Thomas and/or Randall's knees.

Correction: Most Western Massholes and whatever New Englanders can't get Boston's ABC affiliate (which will be the only local station carrying the game) won't be able to watch it. And NFL Network is devoting 65.5 hours of coverage for this game (well, the Patriots anyway), including a SIX HOUR pregame show on Saturday.

That's pathetic.

Also, I will not be surprised to see the Packers lose again on Sunday. They're playing another divisional team that really wants to beat them, it's the last means of salvaging anything out of the horrible Lions season, and this dont-practice-outside stuff is just dumb. Maybe they're just planning to dial it, anyway.

The way this winter is going there will probably be a blizzard throughout the game.

While I certainly don't think Dallas is going to roll over on Sunday. The fact remains that Washington is fighting for a playoff berth. I wouldn't doubt that most Dallas starters start the game, but with nothing on the line for Dallas, is their coaching staff willing to let them get into a nasty fight of a rivalry game when they have so much more to be preparing for in a couple of weeks. T.O. is already in a boot for a week or so, and while Romo's thumb doesn't seem to be that bad right now, how many hits will he be allowed to take before the coaches say, "it just aint worth it"

Also, it's not like the Cowboys took them to the woodshed in Dallas. It was a pretty close game, one on which Washington had two tries at a lead-changing drive late in the 4th quarter. The Redskins actually played well, but with Taylor injured the Redskins really had no answer for T.O.

Redskins 17

Cowboys 13

Guest Vitamin X

Well if the Redskins didn't have an answer for T.O. with Taylor injured, how are they going to do with him dead?

I have a feeling Washington will make it. They deserve to, even when they went through a fairly terrible stretch mid-season, they've been in it in almost all of their losses except against New England. They started out their season 4-2 (with losses to playoff-bound NY and Green Bay) then a 1-5 stretch (the lone win coming against non-playoff bound NY), and have reeled off 3 straight wins since. Their defense is still pretty damn good, even if they've had a couple crappy outings during the year, but I think that they might be able to get out of the first round if they win on Sunday. I'd love to see a Dallas-Washington playoff match-up. For that reason, I think you're going see Dallas play them a lot harder than it would seem for a game in which it doesn't appear they have anything to lose. Same goes for Indy with Tennessee. It's never nice to meet with a divisional foe again in the playoffs.

Well if the Redskins didn't have an answer for T.O. with Taylor injured, how are they going to do with him dead?

Owens is out with a high ankle sprain....from what I have read he is going to be wearing a boot for another week.

Patriots-Giants will air on NFL Network, NBC and CBS nationwide in a three network simulcast.

AP/NFL.com

The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.

The game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.

But the league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.