Guest Tzar Lysergic

The last week of the NFL season.

Who is the MVP of the league?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Tom Brady
    • Sean Taylor

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

There should be a non-weighted lottery for the draft order, in my opinion. No-playoffs/Low-draft-pick purgatory is retarded.

There should be a non-weighted lottery for the draft order, in my opinion. No-playoffs/Low-draft-pick purgatory is retarded.

I don't think this is a good idea. I think it's fine the way it is with a team going 1-15 getting the first pick rather than a 7-9 team that would have been 10-6 possibly if they hadn't suffered some injuries.

I don't think this is a good idea. I think it's fine the way it is with a team going 1-15 getting the first pick rather than a 7-9 team that would have been 10-6 possibly if they hadn't suffered some injuries.

But Carolina really could've used that pick... ;)

I agree, the NFL Draft should stay as it is. It only comes down to who's luckier when all the other important statistics are even. Plus with the significantly larger roster than the NBA there are more needs, which spreads out the talent pool substantially.

Since that's nearly impossible, I guess I want Pittsburgh to face...oh shit, help me out here. What a terrible lot. I can't like any of these NFC teams. The more I think about the Packers winning again, the more I really fear that outcome after all. No more Seawhats. I hate all three NFC East for varying, but intense, reasons. The Buccaneers only won 9 games. Maybe I really won't watch any of this shit. I have no duty to do so.

This reminds me of that version of Paint It Black that Howard Stern would play every so often.

The one where all the lyrics are changed to "wah wah wah".

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

He was the guy from Wisconsin who skipped the draft to go bass fishin', remember?

Belichick AP's Coach of the Year for second time

Jan. 3, 2008

CBSSports.com wire reports

NEW YORK -- New England's undefeated season now includes yet another achievement: Bill Belichick is the Associated Press 2007 NFL Coach of the Year.

The first coach since Don Shula in 1972 to lead his team through a spotless regular season, Belichick won the award Thursday for the second time in four years. In 2003, the Patriots went 14-2 and won their final 12 games. This time, Belichick's team rampaged through the first part of the schedule, then won a handful of close games on their way to 16-0.

That was enough to offset the major blemish on Belichick's resume: a $500,000 personal fine, $250,000 fine for the team and the loss of a first-round pick in the upcoming draft after the Patriots were caught videotaping New York Jets coaches during the season opener.

Spygate didn't stop 29 of the 50 voters on a nationwide panel of media members who cover the NFL from voting for Belichick. In a season highlighted by many strong coaching performances, Belichick beat out Green Bay's Mike McCarthy, who received 15 votes for leading the Packers to a 13-3 record and the NFC North title.

"Any time we win we're excited," Belichick said after completing the perfect regular season with a 38-35 victory over the New York Giants. "With the success we've had this season, (the Giants) game puts a certain little bit more of a degree of satisfaction in that game because of the culmination of the regular season. But, at the same time, we've got plenty of things that we need to work on."

Also getting votes were Dallas coach Wade Phillips and Jacksonville's Jack Del Rio (two each), and Indianapolis' Tony Dungy and Tampa Bay's Jon Gruden (one).

The only other Patriots coach to win the award was Belichick's mentor, Bill Parcells, in 1994.

It wasn't really close which isn't all that surprising.

Guest Vitamin X

McCarthy finished second by far, and that's good enough for me.

Not surprisingly, TSM Coach of the Year Romeo Crennel received no votes whatsoever. I'm wondering- Is Crennel on the hotseat for missing out on the playoffs?

McCarthy finished second by far, and that's good enough for me.

Not surprisingly, TSM Coach of the Year Romeo Crennel received no votes whatsoever. I'm wondering- Is Crennel on the hotseat for missing out on the playoffs?

I doubt it. I'd say this season was good enough to give him one more season. However if he fails next year, he should pack his bags.

Poor Cameron. Winning one game with that offense in that situation was a damn miracle. But not a shock at all, I am more shocked it took this long for Parcells to fire him.