TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Christmas Dinner

Since Christmas was yesterday and all.......

I went to my wife's parents house as usual since they always cook up a huge spread. This year there was approx 26 people in and out of that place during dinner time. This is what we had to eat

Pre-Dinner

Some kind of Spinach Salad

Deviled Eggs

Dinner

2 Pot Roasts

1 Turkey

Zuccini in tomato sauce w/cheese melted on top

Mashed Potatoes

Candied Yams

Green Bean Casserole w/hamhock bits

Cranberry Sauce

Cheddar-scalloped potatoes

Crescent Rolls

Dessert

Pumpkin Pie

Peach Cobbler

Strawberry/Pretzel thingy

Ambrosia

Cheesecake

Various homemade cookies

Fudge

My family doesn't really have a set Christmas dinner for some reason. Some years we have Turkey with all of the usual sides we have on Thanksgiving (Mashed Potatoes, stuffing, etc.) minus the cranberry sauce). Some years we have the same thing as that except with Ham instead of turkey. And some years we just have sandwich platters and chips with the usual desserts.

Yesterday, we had for some bizarre reason. A combination of all three of those. Turkey, ham, sandwich platter. Plus we had my mom's delicious homemade macaroni and cheese.

Guest Vitamin X

I cooked up a pretty awesome Christmas dinner. I broke my vegetarianism thing for the day since, you know, fuck it. I can throw health issues out the window for one day, particularly since it's before the New Year (I had already kind of cheated a couple times in the past couple months, but I am finding non-seafood meat more and more repulsive). I roasted an 8lb. ham in the oven (glazed with brown sugar, honey, and topped with pineapples and pineapple juice), made some candied yams, cornbread, and garlic mashed potatoes. Pretty damn good meal overall, and I did enjoy the ham even though I didn't eat much of it.

You know what's really good? Frying up some breakfast sausages and then putting them in with the turkey juices while it cooks. I don't know how the tradition started in my family, but it's great.

What I ate (reasonable portions of each, I'm not a fat slob, nor can I pack it away like I could when I was younger):

-turkey

-mashed potatoes

-stuffing

-green bean casserole

-ziti w/ meat & Italian sausage

-1 cinnamon roll

-1 regular roll

-1 slice of chocolate mouse & toffee pie

-ambrosia (orange Jello mold w/ marshmallows & mandarin oranges)

-a couple pizzelles

Christmas lunch is where it's at over here, importance wise:

Turkey leg

Turkey breast

Turkey stuffing

Roast potatos

Mashed potato

Gravey

Yorkshire pudding

Carotts and swede

Brussel sprouts

Sausage in bacon

Apple crumble with custard

For tea I just had some turkey sandwhiches.

We had xmas dinner at my mom's house.

Ham, pineapple stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes, potatoes au gratin, rolls and some delicious oreo pie.

A whole fish (Snapper I think), ham, chicken, prawns, scallops, antipasto, salad, vegtables, and I made a Scoth Fillet for myself with a red wine sauce.

Green beans, mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, crescent rolls, and cranberry sauce, plus stuff I don't eat. I like to mix the mashed potatoes, gravy, and turkey all together and eat it with the crescent rolls.