TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Terribly inaccurate wrestling predictions you made

I thought Butcher would beat Hogan at Starrcade 1994 since I knew they were buddies.

While somewhat on the subject, as much as most smarks hated it or didn't give a shit, I loved the Butcher heel turn at Halloween Havoc 94 and the beatdown at the Clash a month later. Good stuff. Of course, I may be a bit biased since my family got cable around that time and it was the 1st major angle I could take in on TBS.

I thought Flair would beat Hogan at Havoc 94 because there was no way WCW would let a long-time WWF guy go over a near lifelong WCW guy in a retirement match on PPV. Never underestimate the power of Hogan in finishes that make no sense.

I thought Butcher would beat Hogan at Starrcade 1994 since I knew they were buddies.

While somewhat on the subject, as much as most smarks hated it or didn't give a shit, I loved the Butcher heel turn at Halloween Havoc 94 and the beatdown at the Clash a month later. Good stuff. Of course, I may be a bit biased since my family got cable around that time and it was the 1st major angle I could take in on TBS.

I thought Flair would beat Hogan at Havoc 94 because there was no way WCW would let a long-time WWF guy go over a near lifelong WCW guy in a retirement match on PPV. Never underestimate the power of Hogan in finishes that make no sense.

Why didn't it make sense for Hogan to win? You're talking about a match between the two best wrestlers of the era. WCW signed Hogan to be their main guy so why wouldn't Flair "pass the torch" to Hogan?

Why didn't it make sense for Hogan to win? You're talking about a match between the two best wrestlers of the era. WCW signed Hogan to be their main guy so why wouldn't Flair "pass the torch" to Hogan?

Hogan getting a win (or several wins) over Flair, fine. You need main event guys having even feuds once in a while. But if:

1. You're running WCW

2. You've got Ric Flair, who has been the guy who represents WCW in the eyes of the fans.

3. You have Flair taking on Hulk Hogan, who was still seen as a WWF guy by most of the fanbase.

4. Your fans are booing Hogan despite there being no doubt that he's supposed to be the babyface in the feud.

5. You book the blowoff as a retirement match.

Logical booking is you'd put the long-time WCW guy over the long-time WWF guy.

This was such a smart move that when Nitro first went on the air, WCW literally used to give away Hulk Hogan T-shirts with the stipulation "you have to wear it if we give to you" to make it look like Hogan was seen by WCW fans as the top babyface and Flair was still getting larger pops than Hogan in a lot of towns after his comeback started.

Hogan getting a win (or several wins) over Flair, fine. You need main event guys having even feuds once in a while. But if:

1. You're running WCW

2. You've got Ric Flair, who has been the guy who represents WCW in the eyes of the fans.

3. You have Flair taking on Hulk Hogan, who was still seen as a WWF guy by most of the fanbase.

4. Your fans are booing Hogan despite there being no doubt that he's supposed to be the babyface in the feud.

This was such a smart move that when Nitro first went on the air, WCW literally used to give away Hulk Hogan T-shirts with the stipulation "you have to wear it if we give to you" to make it look like Hogan was seen by WCW fans as the top babyface and Flair was still getting larger pops than Hogan in a lot of towns after his comeback started.

WCW/NWA fans always cheered for heels, especially Flair. I see your point, though.

1. You're running WCW

WCW/NWA fans always cheered for heels, especially Flair. I see your point, though.

That and there was a large contingent of fans that hated seeing a WWF guy beating up the torch bearer for NWA/WCW for so long.

Didn't they book Flair to win at both the Clash and Halloween Havoc, but Hogan used his creative control clause to get the finish changed?

The Clash, yes. Not sure about Havoc.

I thought The Patriot would be the WWE champion after he beat Bret clean

I actually thought this as well; in fact, I was so worried about it, my brother and I were playing with a Ouija board and I asked it if there was anyway Bret could win at Ground Zero.