TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

The 2008 Royal Rumble Thread

Ok, so I know the Royal Rumble is still 19 days away, but since WWE is going to be doing matches to see who make it to the Royal Rumble, I think a thread should me made so we can discuss whats going on and such. So I'll start the thread with listing off whose in the Rumble match so far, and I'll keep the list updated as best as I can. I'll add the other annouced so far matches as well.

2008 Royal Rumble Participants: (This is only whose in the match so far, and the list will be edited after a show airs on tv or results from house shows come in.)

1. Umaga - Beat Hacksaw Jim Duggan on Raw to qualify.

2. Snitsky - Won a match at a house show to qualify.

3. Hardcore Holly - Won a match at a house show to qualify.

4. The Miz - Won a Tag match at a house show to qualify.

5. John Morrison - Won a Tag match at a house show to qualify.

6. Hornswoggle - Beat the Highlanders on Raw in a tag match to qualify.

7. Mick Foley - Beat the Highlanders on Raw in a tag match to qualify.

8. Batista - WWE.com listed him as added to the match.

9. The Undertaker - WWE.com listed him as added to the match.

10. Kane - WWE.com has added Kane to the match.

11. Jamie Noble - Beat Chuck Palumbo on 1/11 Smackdown to enter the match.

12. Finlay - Entered into the Rumble by Mr. McMahon to protect Hornswoggle.

13. Cody Rhodes - Won a match at a house show to gain entry.

14. Carlito - Won a tag team match at a house show to gain entry.

15. Santino Marella - won a tag team match at a house show to gain entry.

16. Shelton Benjamin - WWE.com is reporting him as in the Royal Rumble.

17. HBK Shawn Micheals - Beat Trevor Murdoch to enter the Royal Rumble at Raw.

18. Mark Henry - Reported by WWE.com

19. The Great Khali - Reported by WWE.com

20. Mr. Kennedy - Added to the Rumble by William Regal..................Kennedy.

21. HHH - Won a Over The Top Rope Guantlet match on Raw to enter the Rumble.

22. Tommy Dreamer - Trying to make a name for himself and got added to the Rumble.

23. Big Daddy V - Matt Striker annouced BDV was added last Smackdown

24. Chuck Palumbo - Added by WWE.com

25. CM Punk - Added after beating Chavo at a house show.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Edge (champion) vs Rey Mysterio (Challenger)

WWE Championship Match

Randy Orton (Champion) vs Jeff Hardy (Challenger)

Chris Jericho vs JBL

U.S. Champion MVP vs Ric Flair If Flair loses, he's forced to retire. Match is Non title.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/exclusives/6173540

DH Smith and Drew McIntyre (He's on Raw now?) vs. Carlito and Santino in a qualifying match.

Whose Drew McIntyre?

The (I guess now) former tag team partner of Dave Taylor from Smackdown.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/drewmcintyre/

As for Horny, I hope Khali does what I wanted him to do in all 3 scheduled matches between the two and toss him as far as possible into th crowd. They could bodysurf him back in and he would never have touched the floor.

DH Smith and Drew McIntyre (He's on Raw now?) vs. Carlito and Santino in a qualifying match.

Whose Drew McIntyre?

The (I guess now) former tag team partner of Dave Taylor from Smackdown.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/raw/drewmcintyre/

As for Horny, I hope Khali does what I wanted him to do in all 3 scheduled matches between the two and toss him as far as possible into th crowd. They could bodysurf him back in and he would never have touched the floor.

Or the crowd could part and let him smash into the floor. Now that's comedy!

Still, either way, it would be a cool, memorable spot for the Rumble match

Uh...

- Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore qualified for the Royal Rumble by defeating the Miz and John Morrision at the WWE Smackdown/ECW house show in Canton, OH yesterday.

So much for losing and you don't get in, eh?

Uh...

- Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore qualified for the Royal Rumble by defeating the Miz and John Morrision at the WWE Smackdown/ECW house show in Canton, OH yesterday.

So much for losing and you don't get in, eh?

A result from another day said Miz/Morrison won, so maybe in kayfabe Yang/Moore accepted a challenge from the heels to put their spots on the line in a rematch.

This Rumble has to have one of the weakest group of participants since the mid 1990s. Are Jericho and JBL not in the Rumble as well? Cause there's no HHH in it, no Jeff, etc. I suppose UT, Batista, HBK, and some others are in it but geez.

What exactly is HHH doing at the PPV if he can't be in the Rumble?

Uh...

It hasn't been reported over at WWE.com yet. When it is, I'll update the list.

Who WWE has in the rumble so far

This Rumble has to have one of the weakest group of participants since the mid 1990s. Are Jericho and JBL not in the Rumble as well? Cause there's no HHH in it, no Jeff, etc. I suppose UT, Batista, HBK, and some others are in it but geez.

Raw would be

Shawn, Umaga, Kennedy, Santino, Carlito, Rhodes, Holly, Lashley (as a surprise, I would hope), Murdoch, Snitsky, HHH (he'll probably go the Brock route), Foley, Haas, Hornswoggle.

SD/ECW

Batista, Undertaker, Chavo/Benjamin, Henry, MVP, Kane, Finlay, Noble, Yang, Moore, Flair, Khali, Miz, Morrison, Big Daddy V and Matt (surprise).

I assume Punk will face Benjamin or Chavo.

That makes it a realistic probable list that the fans will buy as a legit chance with...3 guys. Batista, Undertaker and HHH.

Raw would be

Shawn, Umaga, Kennedy, Santino, Carlito, Rhodes, Holly, Lashley (as a surprise, I would hope), Murdoch, Snitsky, HHH (he'll probably go the Brock route), London, Kendrick, Haas

SD/ECW

Batista, Undertaker, Chavo/Benjamin, Henry, MVP, Kane, Finlay, Noble, Yang, Moore, Flair, Khali, Miz, Morrison, Big Daddy V and Matt (surprise).

That makes it a realistic probable list that the fans will buy as a legit chance with...3 guys. Batista, Undertaker and HHH.

You're missing Hornswoggle and Foley.

Raw would be

Shawn, Umaga, Kennedy, Santino, Carlito, Rhodes, Holly, Lashley (as a surprise, I would hope), Murdoch, Snitsky, HHH (he'll probably go the Brock route), London, Kendrick, Haas

SD/ECW

You're right, one day later and I forgot. You can toss Londrick off the list.

Raw would be

SD/ECW

You're right, one day later and I forgot. You can toss Londrick off the list.

I'd toss off Murdoch and Dupree..err, Haas.

It'll be either Taker or HHH who wins the Rumble. Neither are particularly acceptable options. HHH shouldn't be able to get in the Rumble at all. Taker won last year, and we don't need a repeat winner. Batista winning wouldn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

I'd be fine with HHH winning if they hadn't done the, you lose, you're out thing last week, but I suppose he's the best option. I'd also be fine with Flair winning, but I'm afraid the crowd would shit all over it. I know that wouldn't happen in the first place, either.

It'll be either Taker or HHH who wins the Rumble. Neither are particularly acceptable options. HHH shouldn't be able to get in the Rumble at all. Taker won last year, and we don't need a repeat winner. Batista winning wouldn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

I'd be fine with HHH winning if they hadn't done the, you lose, you're out thing last week, but I suppose he's the best option. I'd also be fine with Flair winning, but I'm afraid the crowd would shit all over it. I know that wouldn't happen in the first place, either.

Flair SHOULD win. It would be awesome. As Flair is making his entrance, the announcers realize that he has to win it or else he's done. He goes from somewhere in the early teens all the way to the end, perhaps eliminating Batista at the end. Then they can do an Evolution 4-way at WrestleMania, since I can't see Orton, HHH, or Batista being in a non-title match.

There's only have 7 people for the Rumble so far, it's still very early and I would say Foley is going to help make the Rumble bigger. I know a lot of people won't agree with me about Foley but general fan wise, it's pretty cool that Foley is in it. That and if Foley does the 3 faces of Foley that would be awesome!

I gotta a feeling we're going to get a Regal vs HHH rematch and Regal vs HHH will go to Wrestlemania.

Where does it say this? All I see is "Carlito and Santino in a tag team match".

Very strange. When I posted the link, they had a graphic up with Smith and McIntyre and mentioned them as the opponents in the article.

Flair SHOULD win. It would be awesome. As Flair is making his entrance, the announcers realize that he has to win it or else he's done. He goes from somewhere in the early teens all the way to the end, perhaps eliminating Batista at the end. Then they can do an Evolution 4-way at WrestleMania, since I can't see Orton, HHH, or Batista being in a non-title match.

Not true. Flair only has to retire if he loses a 1 on 1 match. The Rumble wouldn't count, nor would this Evolution Fatal Four-Way people are suggesting for Mania.

How on earth would Regal/HHH go until WM? I mean it was pretty much settled last night when HHH beat Regal down. They might get 1 more match at the Rumble out of it since HHH can't be the Rumble itself, but that's it.

Let's face it, we all know HHH is getting the shot at WM after winning the EC match at No Way Out. Frankly I don't see how Batista or Flair factors in here in terms of a title match. How about Batista vs. Flair at WM?

I gotta a feeling we're going to get a Regal vs HHH rematch and Regal vs HHH will go to Wrestlemania.

See, I read that line as the winner of Regal vs. HHH will go to Wrestlemania. Could be wrong though. And I do agree that, if Regal/HHH at Mania was what Scroby meant, I also couldn't Trips relegating himself to fighting Regal at WM, not after missing last year's event.

yeah, I did mean we'll see a match between Regal and HHH at Wrestlemania. I didn't mean a title would be involved, just a regular match with some kind of speical stip.

And a feud between the two can completely last until Wrestlemania. It's not that hard to book it. Regal will be the dick GM that will keep screwing with HHH until someone gets fed up and a match is made for Wrestlemania. The two don't need to keep wrestling each other, just keep interacting with one another until then. Say Regal is the reason why HHH can't get a title shot at Wrestlemania at all. Say Regal screws HHH out of a title shot at No Way Out. It's easy booking it really is.

I'm sure we'll get a Regal vs HHH rematch at the Rumble with Regal getting the duke by cheating.

I believe the current plan is HHH vs. Regal at the Rumble, with Hunter winning EC next month to get his WM title match.

That being the case, I pick Kennedy to win the Rumble, but get screwed out of his title match somehow.

hey, Mcintyre lost to snitsky in a qulaifying match already at the house show I attended last week, he gets a seocnd chance? and Drew is a face now to boot? he sure acted heel at the house show even against Snitsky (who the local crowd turned face for some unknown reason)

WWE.com offically has added Batista and The Undertaker to the Rumble. It doesn't say why or how they made it into the Rumble, it pretty much just sounds like they were just added to the Rumble.