TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

The 2008 Royal Rumble Thread

Really, can ANYBODY see the benefit of another HHH title run?

Outside of a 2 hour reign last October, he hasn't held a world title since 2005. In reality, that's a long time for someone who is among the top guys in the company.

He also missed a lot of time due to injuries and is always in the top program even without the title. I'm not actually opposed to him carrying the title again, as I'd like to see HHH vs JBL, but other than that he really doesn't have any fresh feuds that would interest me. Maybe HHH vs MVP, but he'd just squash Porter. Same could be said with Punk.

However those are three options are better than Hardy vs HBK and then what? Hardy's style doesn't really translate to the ME in my opinion. I know I might be in the minority, and their matches have sucked terribly in the past, but I wouldn't mind a Hardy vs Hardy one-off match or short feud with Matt playing the jealous heel. Thats where I thought they were going last Wm when Matt was encouraging Hardy to take a ridiculous bump (on Edge) in order to increase his personal odds of winning and taking advantage of Jeff to do it. Jeff Hardy might be better off on SD! as Hayes is his biggest backer and I think he has better feuds waiting for him over there, the aforementioned Matt, Undertaker, Edge, Finlay, Batista...

Really, can ANYBODY see the benefit of another HHH title run?

Outside of a 2 hour reign last October, he hasn't held a world title since 2005. In reality, that's a long time for someone who is among the top guys in the company.

This is true, but when it comes to either Hardy or HHH getting the title, Hardy definitely deserves his run. Strike while the iron is hot they say.

Of course, to quote Sean 'O Haire, I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

I forked over the $50 for the HD show. It better be fucking outstanding.

I was on the fence over ordering at all, but the Hardy/Orton unpredictability sorta sold it for me..not to mention Im also not sold on Taker or HHH being the Rumble winner.

Its also pretty cool the countdown show is in HD.

I was just thinking that Flair wins by DQ over MVP in a short match and then Vince gets mad and puts him in the Rumble #1. Flair lasts into the final 6 but doesn't win, but he gets a reprieve cause of the Elimination Chamber thing at No Way Out. Someone takes out Flair prior to the match which keeps him out of the EC, Vince claims Flair did it on purpose and if no one will retire him already, then he'll do it himself..so we get Flair vs Vince at WM.

Flair vs. Vince at WM would be the worst thing that could ever be done and a horrible last match for Flair.

I ordered the HD feed too, it's showing 39.95$, I thought someone said it was 10$ more?

DirecTv was charging $49.95 for HD feed. Who is your cable/satellite provider?

Comcast.

How would one get to the chat room?

See where it says LIVE CHAT on top? click on it.

I must be friggin blind, but I can't seem to see it.

Ditto.

Ditto.

2224059047_897e7fa63c.jpg

Ditto.

2224059047_897e7fa63c.jpg

My screen/page doesn't look like that. I dunno.