TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Offseason Thread

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent
Chicago reportedly cuts Muhsin Muhammad with more cuts said to be coming.

Fred Miller, Darwin Walker, Adam Archuleta are the names being tossed about.

Moose is at the end of his career. I don't see him as anything more than a #3 at this point.

Eagles have allowed CB Lito Sheppard to seek a trade.

As much as I love Lito when he is on the field, he isn't on the field enough to warrant throwing a hissy fit over his contract (what this is reportedly about). He has played 34 games over the last three years and that number includes games where he was in and out or just left early. If they put his money towards another CB and get a solid pick back for him, well....thanks for the cap room Lito.

I do think it makes a safety a necessary though, as I don't want them moving Brown back to S if they are losing Lito. Even if they bring someone else in his spot. Two new starting CBs in what is always made to sound like a complicated defensive scheme has bad news written all over it.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Chicago reportedly cuts Muhsin Muhammad with more cuts said to be coming.

Fred Miller, Darwin Walker, Adam Archuleta are the names being tossed about.

Yes, yes, and YES.

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Fred Miller already found employment in New York:

ny_subway_turnstile.jpg

For the fellow Bears fans, should they try to get QB Derek Anderson or how do you suggest they fix the QB problem?

Draft one. They can get either Woodson, Booty or Flacco in the second round easily. Go with a veteran fix for now while the rookie learns behind him.

This is the draft if you need a quarterback, it is loaded.

Oh man. You just told an USC fan he should get John David Booty on his favorite NFL team. No Booty please. Now Andre Woodson, I would be down with.

And to Ripper- No we can't give Rex another go. His confidence is shot with the Bears. He's better served going to Atlanta or somewhere like that.

Oh man. You just told an USC fan he should get John David Booty on his favorite NFL team. No Booty please. Now Andre Woodson, I would be down with.

Woodson is expected to be gone by the time the Bears get on the clock unless they make the trade for him. Last I heard they were actually higher on Flacco than Woodson but are willing to settle for whichever one is still sitting there.

Thoughts that Flacco would be around until round three pretty much got leveled when Booty suffered an injury and had a so so senior bowl. Plus I haven't seen anything to indicate Booty is worth anything and I doubt he'd even be a top three round pick if he didn't go to USC.

What about Byron Leftwich? Sure, he sucked in Atlanta, but the guy had to adjust to a new system and basically came in halfway through the year. I think the Bears wanted to draft him the year he came out, too. Might be slightly better than Rex.

What about Byron Leftwich? Sure, he sucked in Atlanta, but the guy had to adjust to a new system and basically came in halfway through the year. I think the Bears wanted to draft him the year he came out, too. Might be slightly better than Rex.

Leftwich falls into the same category with Culpepper. Two guys who had good to solid careers but an injury has just left them a shell of their form selves.

Leftwich's ankle is just a mess and with Culpepper it is a crap shoot whether or not his knee will ever get back to 100% again. Both are a gamble.

Should the current reports about the falling stocks of both Brian Brohm and Matt Ryan come to fruition, I'd have to say that Tampa should grab one of them at #20. I just have trouble imagining that this would happen.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Give Rex another go.

I mean eventually he has to get better.

NO.

I'd be glad to get Derek Anderson, but I get this feeling he'd be overpaid if he went anywhere but Cleveland. Same reason I hope Chicago doesn't retain Berrian.

I really like what I've seen of Flacco, and he'd be a reasonable acquisition.

1. QB

1a. O Line

2. RB

3. WR

They'll draft Kentwan Balmer or some shit.

This is why it's hard for me to believe that Ryan and Brohm will actually fall out of the first round. It's not like there's an embarrassment of riches at QB hitting the free agent market, plus it doesn't look like McNabb's going anywhere. Chicago needs a QB. Tampa needs to start grooming someone to replace Garcia. Minnesota can't feel that great about Jackson as their starter. All of the guys in Baltimore are question marks. The new regime in Miami apparently doesn't think highly of John Beck. And so on.

Give Rex another go.

I mean eventually he has to get better.

NO.

I'd be glad to get Derek Anderson, but I get this feeling he'd be overpaid if he went anywhere but Cleveland. Same reason I hope Chicago doesn't retain Berrian.

I really like what I've seen of Flacco, and he'd be a reasonable acquisition.

1. QB

1a. O Line

2. RB

3. WR

They'll draft Kentwan Balmer or some shit.

Even though Berrian is unreliable, with the Muhammad cut, they almost have to retain Berrian. Otherwise you're going with the assumption that Devin Hester (who is more unreliable a receiver) is your starting WR.

I'm going to assume that you'd know better than I would. So let's remove Miami from consideration and insert Atlanta. They have no viable option at QB currently on their roster.