TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Questions to be answered by the next person to post in the thread

Speaking of injuries, what's your favorite memory of a pro athlete getting hurt?

I wouldn't exactly call it my favourite memory, but my most vivid memory is of Dave Dravecky throwing a pitch and snapping his arm in half against the Expos.

My most vivid memory is when Luke Richardson levelled Tony Granato at Maple Leaf Gardens. Granato was going into the offensive zone hard, and Richardson clocked him with a shoulder. Granato suffered a concussion on the play, but what was most memorable about the injury was Granato sliding on the ice from the blue line to the corner of the rink.

What's the worst non-catastrophic-injury physical breakdown you can think of? No Joe Theismann's here. Just a good athlete gone completely to shit quickly.

Lou Gehrig

1937: Best hitter in American League

1939: 4-28

1941: Dead

I've only seen the clip a couple times (and I can't find it anywhere right now) but some Bears WR named Wendell Davis tore BOTH his patella tendons while running a route during a game at the Vet back in '93.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
What's the worst non-catastrophic-injury physical breakdown you can think of? No Joe Theismann's here. Just a good athlete gone completely to shit quickly.

Lou Gehrig

Best possible answer.

How many NFL players, in your opinion, were better at their respective position than Jerry Rice at WR?

Lou Gehrig

Best possible answer.

How many NFL players, in your opinion, were better at their respective position than Jerry Rice at WR?

Jim Brown and Barry Sanders - Running back

Lou Gehrig

Best possible answer.

Jim Brown and Barry Sanders - Running back

First of all, if you're going to talk about Jim Brown and Barry Sanders, you have to include Walter Payton. He was the complete all-around running back you wanted. Second of all, only Barry Sanders can claim to be a better at RB than Jerry Rice was the best WR.

Should Baseball come back to Canada, say Vancouver?

If you're talking about the majors, no. Canada can't even support the minor league teams it has anymore.

Vancouver has a team in the Northwest League (A-ball), and they draw about 3500, which is around half-capacity. It says something when you can only get a single-A team in the third-largest city in Canada. Incidentally, I went to a game the last time I was out there and had a blast. I even won the second inning door prize, a hedge trimmer worth $100. That was fun taking with me on the plane back home.

Most of the old AAA standbys (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton) picked up teams in the Northern League. Ottawa is joining the CanAm League this season. I'd love to see some Canadian teams get together and form their own independent league.

Most of the old AAA standbys (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton) picked up teams in the Northern League. Ottawa is joining the CanAm League this season. I'd love to see some Canadian teams get together and form their own independent league.

We tried that, and it failed. Miserably. Not even a half of a season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Baseball_League is link for the "league". It was a good premise, but it suffered a bad fate.

Stockton is the whitest athlete in history.

Geekiest? Curt Schilling: has a blog, stays up all night playing WoW, started a game designing company. Geek.

Guest Vitamin X
Should Baseball come back to Canada, say Vancouver?

What, the Blue Jays aren't good enough for you? Or is Toronto not part of Canada any longer?

Who had the best draft in sports history?

I would have to say the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers that got 4 Hall of Famers out of that draft (Lynn Swann, Jack Lambert, John Stallworth & Mike Webster).