TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Questions to be answered by the next person to post in the thread

Without looking, how many currently active professional franchises can you name that have never won the championship in their respective sport?

I didn't even look at the other responses...

Baseball: Tampa Bay, Seattle, Texas, Washington, Houston, Milwaukee, San Diego, Colorado

Football: Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Houston, Minnesota, New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle (this is assuming we're counting NFL and AFL titles before the SB era)

Basketball: Toronto, Orlando, Cleveland, Charlotte, Atlanta, Dallas, Minnesota, Memphis, New Orleans, Denver, Utah, Phoenix, LA Clippers, Sacramento, Golden State (again, counting ABA titles for the Nets and Pacers)

Hockey: Washington, Florida, Atlanta, Ottawa, Buffalo, Minnesota, Vancouver, St. Louis, Columbus, Nashville, Los Angeles, San Jose (again, counting WHA titles for the Jets/Coyotes)

EDIT: Strike the Kings, Warriors and Hawks off my basketball list, then.

What's the single most one-sided game/fight you've ever seen?

Probably Tyson/Spinks. Just a massacre from the word "go." The Broncos/49ers and Bears/Patriots Super Bowls both came to mind, as well as the 62-3 Jags/Dolphins playoff game.

In baseball, I'd have to go with this game between the Brewers and Blue Jays in 1992, when the Brewers set club records for runs (22) and hits (31).

Something reminded me of the list of the 50 greatest NBA players, and it got me to thinking of this question...looking back on the list now, given what's happened in the past twelve years, who would you add to the list, and who would you remove?

I would add:

For Sure:

Dominique Wilkins

Tim Duncan

Kevin Garnett

Kobe Bryant

Bob McAdoo

Maybe:

Jason Kidd

Steve Nash

Allen Iverson

Eventually (for sure):

LeBron James

I take out:

Scottie Pippen

Lenny Wilkens

Robert Parish

Hal Greer

Dave Bing

Just bumping this question up to get more responses.

What's the single most one-sided game/fight you've ever seen?

Probably Tyson/Spinks. Just a massacre from the word "go." The Broncos/49ers and Bears/Patriots Super Bowls both came to mind, as well as the 62-3 Jags/Dolphins playoff game.

In baseball, I'd have to go with this game between the Brewers and Blue Jays in 1992, when the Brewers set club records for runs (22) and hits (31).

Something reminded me of the list of the 50 greatest NBA players, and it got me to thinking of this question...looking back on the list now, given what's happened in the past twelve years, who would you add to the list, and who would you remove?

I would add:

For Sure:

Dominique Wilkins

Tim Duncan

Kevin Garnett

Kobe Bryant

Bob McAdoo

Maybe:

Jason Kidd

Steve Nash

Allen Iverson

Eventually (for sure):

LeBron James

I take out:

Scottie Pippen

Lenny Wilkens

Robert Parish

Hal Greer

Dave Bing

I don't agree that AI and Nash are maybe...A Lock for sure...

add-Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash

Mott Community College Bears

Hometown team, usually one of the top junior college teams in the nation.

Thats a lot of adds. Who are your six off?

Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, John Stockton

I say no to enlarging the goals. Although it may work in the short term it would be a boost I think that it would devalue the game. The records of old would be gone (including offensive points, and goalie statistics).

I know this doesn't answer the question, and further beats a dead horse, but no need to increase scoring per se. Scoring chances are more exciting. I'd rather watch a 3-2 game with 50 shots a piece than an 8-6 shootout.

Besides, do we want to see Darcy Tucker with 100 goals? Mind you it'll be an amazing trivia question. (Who was the only person to score 100 goals and the team never made it to the playoffs?)

I forget the idiot on 590 Toronto, but the net should be increased by six inches...EACH SIDE!!

Here's the fact:

The game has completly changed from now, since the 50's and leading up to the 80's.

Other than the 80's Scoring really hasn't fluxuated since the 30's where goalies were able to go down to make the save.

Don't change the size of the net. Just regulate the equipment.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

What are the dimensions of NHL goals?

Part B: This is child-logic, I know, but why hasn't a team tried just finding a man larger than the opening of the goal and have him sit in front of it?

Guest Beastalentier

Six feet wide, four feet high. Jean-Sebastien Giguere's excessive padding almost has him covering all those square feet.

The real answer would probably be that Hypothetical Giant Goalie would be so large that he would have a heart attack and die.

Six feet wide, four feet high. Jean-Sebastien Giguere's excessive padding almost has him covering all those square feet.

The real answer would probably be that Hypothetical Giant Goalie would be so large that he would have a heart attack and die.

Since this is not the Chocolate Socket, I am not allowed to say that TaigaStar doesn't play professional hockey.

I'm not a big hockey guy, but I imagine the large immobile goalie would be an issue because a goalie frequently has to leave the goal for one reason or another (usually to fetch the puck behind the net) and then has to quickly return back to the goal position

Exactly. J.S. Gigure of Anaheim is one of those goalies who is very immobile, but blocks the whole net. What makes him very good is he doesn't allow rebounds.

That's way to serious a response for anything Slayer initiated.

Speaking of Slayer (not really), what's your favourite goal-scoring celebration song, or favourite entrance song when a batter walks to the plate, etc.?

Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, Bill Russell, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, John Stockton

You'd take out MICHEAL JORDAN?

MICHEAL JORDAN?

I can't believe you'd take out Micheal Jordan.

To put in Kobe Bryant, or AI.

MICHEAL JORDAN!

You'd take out MICHEAL JORDAN?

MICHEAL JORDAN?

I can't believe you'd take out Micheal Jordan.

To put in Kobe Bryant, or AI.

MICHEAL JORDAN!

... Naw.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Obligatory Pete Rose question:

Will he ever get in the hall of fame as a player? Should he?