TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

American Idol (season 7)

I'm not sure if it's on tonight but this morning on my radio station they played one audition. A guy came in with a song to sing to Paula and it was telling her how he'd break into her house and try on her underwear.

If she was a bathtub, he'd cork her...

Yeah, that song just got creepier and creepier as it went along. Oddly, when he first spoke with a breathy "hiii Paula" I thought "He sounds like a stalker". Funny how right I was. Did he honestly think he was romantic??? Thats the even creeper thought.

I liked the Star Wars geek. Her song started out alright. With a bit of training, perhaps she'd be even better. I like that they edited her rant over the ending when she was basically speaking the truth.

Did anyone else think that Milo guy's "No Sex" (or whatever) song sounded like it could've been some weird early '80s punk tune? I was amused by it.

Both of these guys are local Philadelphia singing comedian types. That's the problem with Idol now. They let through people who are just trying to suck/be weird. It's never honest anymore. Although, I thought that the stalker song was pretty funny, especially when he said "shut up Simon, you're ruining the moment". But yeah, neither of those were honest auditions.

Also, the editing is getting a bit out of control now. This is the first time I noticed something so blatent, but the girl in the pink dress who kind of yelled her song came in wearing two earrings, sang with one and then amazingly was wearing two again. Yeah, nice cut job there Fox.

yea I saw him do the no sex song on Jimmy Kimmel Live one time.

anyhow here were are the first live performances. A few standouts I suppose, but no clear favorite going in. The next two weeks will be crucial in the "who's the favorite" realm. Weird that some of the people they focused a lot of time on (Like Josiah car dude and Kyle the Politician Uber-Nerd, for example) didn't even make it to the 24, plus some who did, I don't remember even seeing on the show before.

Thanks to the damn writer's strike, Kellie Pickler was the 1st guest and musical guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live the other night. For Kimmel's sake, I hope this strike ends soon so we don't have to see shit like that anymore.

"Tonight on Jimmy Kimmel...Jimmy's guest will be Bucky Covington"

Hes already been on LOL

Pickler was still dumb as toast on Kimmel

Oh yeah, they have to keep this Danny dude around for a while. He's the Sanjaya of this year. He sucks terribly, he's unbelievably gay, and it makes for hilariously great TV. Incidentally how is Jailhouse Rock a 60s song? That movie came out in 1957.

I'd get rid of the guy who did the song from Midnight Cowboy and the dude who sang Moon River. They were both boring and bland, white bread as hell.

Out of all of them, only Danny and David A were remotely worthwhile and interesting. The others I've compeltely forgotten. Quite a few are surprisingly nobodies we haven't seen before. What the hell is up with that? Even more surprising is they're not trying to hide the fact.

Is it just me or did Midnight Cowboy Song Guy look like Matthew Fox from Party of Five?

Some weird lovechild of him and Luke Perry I think.

Aussie guy wasn't bad, but he wasn't great either.

Most guys were "eh", so I hope that the round of 20 brings back singer's choice. Theme weeks in this stage is just a bad idea.

Hey, what a surprise that Randy goes crazy over the girl who was signed to his record label.[1]

Prediction for the opening-round jobbers: Jason Yeager, Garrett Haley, Alexandrea Lushington, Alaina Whitaker.

On the male side, it seems like a pretty good prediction, although drug dealer Luke might have been a better pick. As for the girls, it was likely a mistake to pick those two. Amy Davis seems likely to be out, but VFTW is supporting her.[2] I'm not sure who else... Joanne?[3]

Amy Davis was the chick who did Where the Boys Are, right? The hilarity of it to me is that Where the Boys Are is my mom's favorite movie, and when that chick sucked I certainly joked about how she should be one of the first to be voted off.

Most of these chicks tonight were just bland and dull. They should have never started off with 60s week when we don't even know yet what these people can do well.

I didn't watch the guys this week, but as for the girls..Amy Davis should be a definite knock-off right away, she was terrible last night. I really liked Asia'h and Syesha but otherwise I thought the girls were just average.

That curly-haired blonde girl melts my ice-cold heart. Is it odd that they keep trying to establish the idea that this is the best top 24 ever, when all evidence is to the contrary?

brooke.jpg

There she is. I'd like to give her an R-rated experience, amirite?

Also, the so-called "Midnight Cowboy" song is "Everbody's Talkin," popularized by the incomparable Harry Nilsson. He's also responsible for the popularity of "Without You," which was somewhat recently ressurected by Simon Cowell's awful Il Divo project.

I thought that Ramiele was probably the best out of the two nights. But since she's Asian, she'll needs to be constantly picked on by other contestants so that she wins via the pity vote (see Phan, Dat and Shetty, Shilpa).

How could someone have never seen an R rated movie that is in their 20s? Even a chick flick like Atonement is rated R. I bet she saw something on regular TV that was edited that was an R rated movie. There lies a debate: If Brooke White saw Bad Boys on TBS or something, does that count as seeing an R rated movie?

that had to be the worst top 24 week ever. The only one who even stands out was Ramiele.

I think they should have picked a different theme, considering all the youngsters this year, they don't understand or know what the 60s music was all about. Maybe if they had got a guest mentor for the weekm it could have helped.

heres hoping to a better week 2

Song Spoilers:

1. Carly Smithson –

“Crazy On You” by Heart

2. Syesha Mercado –

“Me And Mr. Jones (changed from Mrs. to Mr.) by Billy Paul

3. Brooke White –

“You’re So Vain” by Carly Simon

4. Ramiele Malubay –

“Don’t Leave Me This Way” by Thelma Houston

5. Kristy Lee Cook –

“You’re No Good” by Linda Ronstadt