TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

American Idol (season 7)

What is the exact ruling on that anyway? It's called American Idol but this year they have an Irish girl and the Aussie guy. Do you just have to be currently living in America?

Syesha is pretty good but as far as black chicks go there were 4 or 5 better than her last year. I think that is what is hurting her and why she can't win this thing, black chick fatigue from last year. It might be why the judges kinda put her down, to steer voters away from another black female winner.

OK, so:

Syesha - does her thing, looked great.

Castro - I could barely hear the guy

Brooke - I would agree with Simon about the restarting, but I think she just wants to go home at this point

Archie - It took me this long to realize that he's doing the Clay Aiken/Marty Casey thing where he basically sings the same style every week.

FIG - Probably got the best constructive criticism ever when Sir Andrew all but said "you know what, don't sing that, sing 'Jesus Christ Superstar'"

Cook - I think Simon WANTS Cook to win, but has accepted that Archie WILL win.

So I say B2 is Brooke/Jason, with Brooke going home.

I couldn't believe it when Randy went nuts over Puke-uletta. That kid is so wooden, so robotic, so manufactured, it's ridiculous. I shit you not, guys, if Simon would have given him praise as well, I would have quit watching AI cold turkey right then and there for good. I'm 100% serious there. His performance was boring, typical, predictable, etc. etc. He's a puppet with his parents pulling the strings. There is no genuine emotion to his performances.

I can at least give Brooke that much credit. She really means what she sings. Honestly, I didn't realize she fucked up...but I was only half paying attention during her performance. That's twice she's fucked up now. Unacceptable.

Syesha looked so gorgeous last night...I heart her. Plus she's a great performer. I think she makes top 3 but that's it.

I think the dirty hippie is gone tonight. I hope so, I'm tired of his stoner act and I hate looking at his dreads.

I actually enjoyed FIG last night...that being said, I can see why her first album flopped...she's just not that good. I think she should stick to a style like Tori Amos or Jewel os some shit like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see David Cook take it over Puke-uletta...I think America realized they fucked up with Daughtry and won't do the same with Daughtry 2.0.

I hated what Carley did to Jesus Christ Superstar. She sang entire lines of the lyrics wrong and did the chorus in the wrong order so the rhyme scheme was completely destroyed. I couldn't tell if the background singers were singing it right or not because she was shouting over them.

I missed the show last night due to work, so I tried to watch a few clips on YouTube and didn't make it past the first 30 seconds on any of them. No thank you, Andrew Lloyd Webber.

While I'd prefer Castro to be toast tonight, let's not kid ourselves. It's gotta be Brooke after that botch last night.

Archuleta is probably who they want to win this thing since David Cook can likely end up similar to Daughtry and not win but sell more records. Archuleta as the Idol winner might sell a few albums, but him trying to sell albums as the 3rd place finisher? Ha.

Archuleta reminds me of an early 80s soft rock singer.

AMERICA HATES BLACK PEOPLE....BUT NOT AS MUCH AS THEY HATE IRISH PEOPLE!

Seiously, what the fuck is the deal with this whole Brooke White thing? Not once but TWICE she fucked up...she's not even that spectacular to begin with. America's going to pull another Tamyra Gray/Jennifer Hudson with Syesha.

That top 4 tonight had to seriously be the lamest I've seen since I have watched the show. Archuleta and Cook were obvious, but Castro and White as well? I have even kinda liked Brooke but after last night she should have been toast. It's almost like she got sympathy jobber votes.

My thinking is that either a) Paula said that "you should never restart a performance", so everyone figured that Brooke did the right thing, or b) it worked in Flashdance.

Syesha is at least better than Brooke and Castro...right??? She's definitely better than Puke-uletta. I'll conceed that David Cook is the best of the bunch.

Cook's the best of a bad bunch.

I'd put Syesha second (although gay David was good this week), David A and Castro after her and Brooke last. But if someone fed her 20 cheeseburgers she might move up.

Cook's the best of a bad bunch.

I'd put Syesha second (although gay David was good this week), David A and Castro after her and Brooke last. But if someone fed her 20 cheeseburgers she might move up.

Brooke just needs to eat one good meal. I'm pretty sure she's lost weight since this thing started (which I believe is the exact opposite of what usually happens to the Idols). But whatever. Make a Sara Bareillis-type album for her and she'll be fine.

I still think Blake was better than Jordin, Lush. At least with him we wouldn't get an ultra-generic Idol winner album.

And Archie IMO is still the best singer in the competition. His problem is that he's clearly the worst PERFORMER left - he hasn't done anything outside of his comfort area, and it's always the same eyes closed, Backstreet Boy motions type crap. He's John Stevens with a better voice and a better genre fit (Lite Rock) for Idol. But to his credit, he hasn't pointed to the sky and thanked Jesus every time he was announced as safe.

BTW Leona Lewis... still not impressed.

Neil Diamond night tonight. TMZ posted the song listings, we're down to the finalists singing two songs. I'll spoiler tag just in case people want to find out what they sing live.

Archuleta - Sweet Caroline, and America

Castro - Forever in Blue Jeans, and September Morn

Brooke - I'm a Believer, and I Am...I Said

David Cook - I'm Alive and All I Really Need Is You

Syesha - Thank the Lord for the Night Time and Hello Again

Simon, and Randy to an extent, trashed everyone in the first round...so far Castro has been the worst with Brooke also getting slammed.

yet Syesha will go home...

yes, im beating that dead horse.

What was that shit? Even though I'm not high on anyone other than David Cook right now, I don't blame the contestants for having a bad week. I mean, having Andrew Lloyd Webber week and Neil Diamond week back-to-back? Come on. These contestants have nothing to work with.

Highlight was definitely Paula talking about Castro's second song, even though they were only half-way through the show. The audience's reaction was great.

Lushus, why do you think Syesha is toast? I mean I guess she could be, but this almost HAS to be Jason Castro's time to get the hell out. It just makes sense that way, since it would narrow it down to 2 guys, 2 girls for the Final 4.

Syesha has consistently been in the bottom 2/3 despite turning in good to great performances...meanwhile, garbage like Jason Castro and Brooke White continue to thrive.

oh, thanks to Leena for this link, check this out: Paula's fuck up

The thing about Archie - the kid can sing. His tone and timbre are really good. However he has no idea how to perform or even - as we saw yesterday - sing something outside of a ballad. As I said before, John Stevens with a better voice.

Highlight was definitely Paula talking about Castro's second song, even though they were only half-way through the show. The audience's reaction was great.

That will probably not help the perception that they want Archie to win, will it?

OK, Brooke was probably the worst singer tonight although Castro and Archie were pretty bad too. Cook and Syesha were the only ones to come through with a decent performance. Archie's probably safe thanks to his second song being a KLC special (Has "America" or "God" in the title? Check. A "known" song? Check. Singable? Check), and because he's Archie. Castro may hit bottom two but apparently stoners have figured out how to use DialIdol. So yeah, Brooke or Syesha, and why the lack of love to Syesha I dunno, but she probably gets eliminated and gets snapped up to a recording contract by someone.