TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Krankor

TSM Fantasy Baseball 2008

BTW, I messaged members that haven't voted yet. The last 6 people have until the end of Wednesday then we're moving on.

Also, I choose choice C.

My latest trade is sure starting out well. Magglio Ordonez and Troy Percival both go straight to the DL, after i had already added them to my starting lineup for the week of course.

Trade number sixteen of the season,

Layden Express acquires Placido Polanco 2B

Reinsdorf's Gang acquires Freddy Sanchez 2B and Ken Griffey Jr. OF

So it looks like Option C is the big winner. It's officially been added to the league rules as Rule G. The rule is effective immediately and this year will count as year 1 of the player eligibility. At the end of the season, in the first post I'll keep an updated list of each team's keepers. I'll put the player name round value and note Year 1 after that so that it is well known that in fact that player has been kept for 1 season at that draft value. We'll keep using the same format that way it is easy to see where certain players are at in their draft value & how many years they've been at that value.

Example: Albert Pujols - Round 1 - Year 1

Next up to vote upon is the number of keepers being kept. Currently we allow teams to keep 6 players, no more and no less. There seemed to be interest in altering the rule to make it more flexible.

Option A: Current Rule

Keep the current rule where each team is required to keep 6 players of any position. They are allowed 6 players, no more and no less to keep.

Option B: Flex Rule

Each team can keep up to 6 players of any position. The team can not exceed the 6 player maximum, however the manager can choose to keep less than the 6 player maximum.

Tally:

A: 4

B: 14

Didn't Vote: MJ, Precious Roy

Trade number seventeen of the season,

Team Jefferson Darcy acquires Paul Konerko 1B and Armando Galaragga SP

The Young Familia (formerly known as Reinsdrof Gang) acquires Joe Crede 3B

Also, here is some news from Yahoo! Fantasy Sports...

Due to the reduced number of games played during All Star week, innings-pitched requirements are waived from Monday, Jul 14 through Sunday, Jul 20. Active pitchers will be credited with all stats earned during this period regardless of total innings pitched, although at least one pitching appearance is required to win ERA and/or WHIP.

Please note that on Monday, July 14th the Yahoo! Fantasy Sports team will perform a scheduled site upgrade which is expected to last for up to twenty-four hours. During this time access to all fantasy games will be temporarily blocked. We appreciate your understanding.

Guest Vitamin X

So I take it that B won out, eh?

For anyone here who hasn't received some sort of wacky trade offer from me regarding it, I'm offering up Willy Taveras and his 38 SB up for trade; I'm looking for help at either 3B or Catcher, preferably high in runs or RBI, but I'll take just a good quality player. I'm throwing in Ryan Zimmerman as well, who could be back after the All-Star Break and be a great deal for someone.

Trade number eighteen of the season,

Landfall Jacobites acquires Wily Taveras OF and Ryan Zimmerman 3B

The Portland Wet Sox acquires Alex Gordon 3B

That ties VX and SteakGrowsOnDmitri with 6 trades each.

Yeah it looks like Option B is going to win. I'm going to pm the last 3 league members that they have until Thursday to vote and then we're closing voting down and moving on.

Also, I vote B.

I'm still on the fence right now if I'm going to become a buyer or a seller in the trade market. I'm giving my team 2 weeks to show that I can make a run for the playoffs or I'm going to start making appropriate trade moves. I finally have gotten a lot of pitchers healthy so conceivably, I might be able to put some wins together. Maybe...