TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Bobby Lashley released

Lashley was never over. At least, not as much as he should habe been consdering his push. His girly voice and lack of personality and charisma stopped him connecting to the masses. Heck, he didn't even sell much merchandise despite being the number 2 babyface on raw.

Lashley was never over? Did you even watch his 2006 SD! run?

I'd have to agree. There may have been people more deserving of the push he got in '07, but to say he was never over is pretty silly.

Angle didn't main event 'Mania until 19, which was his fourth. I see the point you were were making about him rising up the ranks to the main event scene quick, since he was main eventing PPVs in late 2000 and 2001, but he didn't main event WM until WM19.

Why are people acting like Lashley main evented Mania? Last I checked HBK vs Cena was the main event.

Because like the others have said, Lashley / Umaga got the most attention due to Trump's involvement.

Lashley was never over. At least, not as much as he should habe been consdering his push. His girly voice and lack of personality and charisma stopped him connecting to the masses. Heck, he didn't even sell much merchandise despite being the number 2 babyface on raw.

Lashley was never over? Did you even watch his 2006 SD! run?

I think what Gogo was trying to say was that when he was a mid-carder, he was over with the fans, but once he got become a main eventer, I think his overness with the fans didn't carry over as well probably because everybody knew he was hotshotted to getting there. His reaction as ECW Champion was subpar for most of his run. The main reason afterwards is because the fans favored him over Cena.

That's as much to do with his booking as it is his ability to connect to the crowd. His feud with Finlay was everything Lashley should have been, as were his interactions with Cena. People reacting to him when he was doing the things they wanted to see him do. Shockingly enough. They failed to cover up his negatives and accentuate his positives often enough, that was the problem.

Heck, he didn't even sell much merchandise despite being the number 2 babyface on raw.

Did he even have merchandise?

I'm bringing this up because there are some interesting notes in the latest Observer about the terms of Lashley's release.

Lashley is being paid on his contract until May, at which point he is free to go wherever he wants to, which includes TNA and UFC. Meltzer believes such a favorable release, that being Lashley is free to go TNA so soon when his contract had much longer to run, "indicates he had something on them enough that they would give up keeping him from working for TNA for the duration of the contract to keep him quiet".

I'm bringing this up because there are some interesting notes in the latest Observer about the terms of Lashley's release.

Lashley is being paid on his contract until May, at which point he is free to go wherever he wants to, which includes TNA and UFC. Meltzer believes such a favorable release, that being Lashley is free to go TNA so soon when his contract had much longer to run, "indicates he had something on them enough that they would give up keeping him from working for TNA for the duration of the contract to keep him quiet".

Talking to congress?

That's as much to do with his booking as it is his ability to connect to the crowd. His feud with Finlay was everything Lashley should have been, as were his interactions with Cena. People reacting to him when he was doing the things they wanted to see him do. Shockingly enough. They failed to cover up his negatives and accentuate his positives often enough, that was the problem.

That excatly puts things into prespective about Lashley's WWE career.

Reading the news today, another factor in Lashley leaving is he didn't like the traveling demands from WWE. Also in a recent interview, Kurt Angle is talking to Lashley to get him to join TNA. Both of these news items are not surprising to hear.

Really, if Lashley goes to TNA, what are they going to do with him? Hot shot him into a match wtih Angle on Impact, and then have him be the next guy to feud with Robert Roode?

Booker and Sharmell will take Lashley and Kristall under their wings for 4 months, and then Booker will use him to get the TNA World title, and then he'll turn heel on him for some reason.