TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

Bobby Lashley released

Holy crap. I didn't expect that. Congratulations, Jeff Hardy, you are now a main event superstar.

Former ECW champion Bobby Lashley, who was expected to return from his injuries this month, has parted ways with World Wrestling Entertainment, according to Lashley's official website.

Lashley, who debuted with the Smackdown brand in 2005, moved to the ECW brand in December 2006 with the idea that the brand would be built around him. He received a huge promotional push and won the ECW belt at the December to Dismember PPV.

WWE's push continued featuring Lashley going right a Wrestlemania 23 headline match against Umaga with Donald Trump and Vince McMahon as their respective seconds which was promoted heavily to the media due to Trump's involvement and the hair vs. hair stipulation that saw McMahon shaved bald in the center of the ring.

The Wrestlemania match led to a feud with McMahon where Lashley lost and regained the ECW title. Lashley was drafted to the Raw brand in June 2007 and vacated the ECW belt. He had been out of the ring since last July, when he finally took time off to have surgery and rehab rotator cuff and shoulder problems that had been nagging him for several months.

On the forum of his official website, www.BobbyLashleyOnline.com, Lashley commented, "Circumstances, which are out of my control left me no decision but to leave the WWE. I can't go into details of this now but like I said before, sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you, which has happened here. Evil has prevailed. However like I said before, if you continue your struggle, doors will open around these people. You have not seen the last of me, so please don't stop your support. Add Bobby Lashley to the list of RECENTLY RELEASED!"

Lashley, a former amateur champion who also served in the Army, originally signed with the company in 2003 and spent time in Ohio Valley Wrestling before being brought up to the main roster.

Lashley teased a potential MMA interest on 1/16, writing, "I am not sure what I will be doing the next few months. I said I am in fighting shape because if I am not wrestling, I will be fighting. Wrestling is my passion but sometimes things are out of your control. The time off I've had was well needed and was not in vain. I had surgery in August, which was pretty serious. I had to have 5 connectors put in my shoulder to repair my torn labrum. I was slated to be out for 6 months but I think that diagnosis was for an average person. I’m ready for action and I have been for some time now. Whatever action that may be, I will be ready."

Lashley noted that he had just purchased a home in Parker, Colorado and that he expected WWE to acknowledge the release by the end of the week. Word of his departure made its way around the WWE locker room at tonight's Smackdown and ECW taping. As of this writing, he is still listed on the Raw brand's roster page.

I'd expect steroids to be an issue one way or the other. Another possibility I believe he's dating Kristal Marshall and he tried to get her moved to Raw at one point and I believe was trying to get her rehired, maybe they said no and he said both of us or none of us.

I wonder if we'll see Kristal and Bobby head to TNA. I believe Lashley was also interested in acting/movies as he auditioned for a MMA movie recently.

I honestly can't say I'm sad to see him go. He was one of the most overpushed workers in 2007, and never really brought much to the table. HORRIBLE on the mic doesn't even begin to describe him. I doubt TNA will want much of anything to do with him due to his obvious roid usage, so his next best bet is to possibly try MMA.

Really, the main thing I didn't like about him was how WWE pushed him. He got the ECW Title right away, and wasn't really that compelling there. Then, they automatically put him in a token "Vince McMahon hates you because you're a main event babyface" thing that didn't really work or go anywhere.

Evil = HHH?

Why is it always HHH? Maybe JBL tried to soap him up, once?

I doubt Layfield would be that dumb. I mean, JBL is tough and can probably fight pretty well, but I think Lashley would've probably beat the hell out of him.

I honestly can't say I'm sad to see him go. He was one of the most overpushed workers in 2007, and never really brought much to the table. HORRIBLE on the mic doesn't even begin to describe him. I doubt TNA will want much of anything to do with him due to his obvious roid usage, so his next best bet is to possibly try MMA.

are you kidding? they will pick him up in a heart beat. tna doesn't seem to have many standards when it comes to wwe rejects..especially one as huge as him

I'm glad to see him go personally. I was not looking forward to him coming back again and being pushed down our throats. Nevermind the fact he apparently has an altitude. good riddance.

Evil = HHH?

Why is it always HHH? Maybe JBL tried to soap him up, once?

Randy Orton crapped in his bag after hearing a Diva's voice in his locker room.

Too bad he was alone.

now thats a huge surprise to me, I expect TNA to pick him up as well and they will call him "OUR BIGGEST ACQUISITION IN TNA HISTORY" and he wont make a difference in TNA's ratings

I have to believe that Lashley was going to be a Wellness scapegoat and just wanted to be released. This is a shocking move though since WWE had invested a lot in pushing Lashley through 2007 and I always kinda liked the guy. He was put in a position where no one wanted to see him (ECW Champ) and a feud that went on far too long against Vince, but I thought he did have some actual talent. Yes, he was bad on the mic but some of his work against guys like Finlay and Cena showed promise.

Guest Vincent Vega

ill remember him for that spot jumping over the top rope and crashing throught the cage onto umaga

new ECW title = downfall

lets look at the past champs

RVD - Busted for weed and got buried out the door

Big Show- failed boxing career

Lashley- wellness

Benoit - was going to get the title then...yeah...

Morrison - busted for roids

CM Punk is next!

*sigh @ all this Lashley Hate*

Negroes just can't make an impact in this business anymore

There are successful blacks in WWE. They seem way tilted towards the heel side though. Aside from Kofi Kingston, I can't think of any active black face wrestlers in the company.

are you kidding? they will pick him up in a heart beat. tna doesn't seem to have many standards when it comes to wwe rejects..especially one as huge as him

I'm glad to see him go personally. I was not looking forward to him coming back again and being pushed down our throats. Nevermind the fact he apparently has an altitude. good riddance.

Well, one can look no further than Andrew "Punisher" Martin for why I think TNA won't touch Lashley with a 10 foot pole.

No matter how much they tried to make Lashley look like this powerhouse, comes-from-nothing hero, all I remember is his smiling-goober promo prior to the 2007 Iraq show. "Aw you guys, da twib-youte to da twoops iz gunna be gwate"! They should've known they had this hulking mountain of a person, and that he spoke with the voice of a 5-year old, and NEVER EVER let him use a mic. His voice alone killed any "monster" vide he may have had.

To RonL21 who made the comment about the Lashley hate, I don't recall anyone hating the guy because he was black. I personally couldn't stand him because he sucked ass in the ring, and was pushed far beyond what he should have been.

*sigh @ all this Lashley Hate*

Negroes just can't make an impact in this business anymore

are you being serious?

If it was up to me, Shelton benjamin and Burke would be at the top of the card right now.

Well, one can look no further than Andrew "Punisher" Martin for why I think TNA won't touch Lashley with a 10 foot pole.

No matter how much they tried to make Lashley look like this powerhouse, comes-from-nothing hero, all I remember is his smiling-goober promo prior to the 2007 Iraq show. "Aw you guys, da twib-youte to da twoops iz gunna be gwate"! They should've known they had this hulking mountain of a person, and that he spoke with the voice of a 5-year old, and NEVER EVER let him use a mic. His voice alone killed any "monster" vide he may have had.

To RonL21 who made the comment about the Lashley hate, I don't recall anyone hating the guy because he was black. I personally couldn't stand him because he sucked ass in the ring, and was pushed far beyond what he should have been.

Despite my dislike for Lashley, Lashley is about a thousand times more important and a bigger name than test.

This is great news. I was dreading his return to Raw.

I was too...you just know he would've feuded with Orton, with McMahon backing Orton the whole time. Totally predictable.

it was two different statements...

*sigh @ all the Lashley Hate"

Was directed to those that said he didnt have talent

when clearly he has the amateur background and accolades to prove otherwise

you wouldve thought that he was Khali in the ring the way some people are speaking...

And my other statement was just what it seems like in Wrestling to me...

Shelton's been with the company for like 6 years, is talented, and is now just getting his

second real push....

Kinda like in baseball...There's flashes here and there but you definetly saw more Blacks in the past then you do now...

but that's not all wrestlings fault, though