TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Three way trade is on the works between New Jersey, Dallas, and Portland. The main pieces are Kidd going to Dallas, Harris going to Portland, and Devean George, Jerry Stackhouse, Travis Outlaw, Channing Frye, and Jarrett Jack going to New Jersey. Picks might be involved, and Stackhouse might get bought out.

That is goddamn retarded. Devin Harris is good, but, if you have Brandon Roy, you don't need him. Jason Kidd probably makes Dallas worse. I can't believe I just said that. Dallas is a jump shooting team, and his shooting percentage is in the shitter. I don't like what this means for them. He doesn't really fit in with their philosophy.

New Jersey is getting a great deal. GREAT. That said, Mark Cuban said that the Mavericks wouldn't trade Devin Harris. So, this could be entirely false.

I like Harris, but over Jack he isn't much of an upgrade. Outlaw is alright, and Frye is serviceable. I don't see the point of this for Portland unless they're really high on Harris.

Harris is lightyears better than Jack. Maybe not so much stat wise, but impact on the game wise.

Travis Outlaw is too important and Channing Frye...well...he's channing frye.

But Portland has way too many guarenteed contracts and has some guys coming over next year that they definately want to get on the team and they also have Darius Miles.

If they get involved in the trade, you best believe that he would be involved and that they would be trying to shed as many extra contracts as possible.

According to ESPN, the deal is off for now, but the Bergen report apparently was wrong. Diop was not in the deal, and Dallas was getting Jamaal Magloire instead of Darrell Armstrong. And the Nets would buy out Stackhouse after the deal was done.

On Portland's side, that seems like an awful lot to give up for Devin Harris, but I don't think it's that horrible for the other two teams. I know we're all supposed to hate Dallas now because they lost to Golden State, but I don't see how this doesn't make them an immediate threat to a title. Yeah, Kidd can't shoot, but Harris isn't exactly Mark Price. Kidd doesn't have to score to make his team better. Losing Stackhouse would hurt more in this case than Harris, honestly. And New Jersey gets three really good pieces for their future and some expiring deals.

Clippers beat the Hawks, almost blowing a 20 point lead with 7 minutes to go.

Al Thornton with 33 points and a game saving block.

Clippers need to re-sign Brand and built the team around Brand, Kaman and Thornton with everyone else being dispensable.

Really don't like that trade for Portland. They do need to clear space for Fernandez and Koponen on the roster, but Outlaw/Jack/Frye for Devin Harris isn't the way to do it. If they were getting rid of Miles and/or LaFrentz's contracts in the process and Outlaw wasn't involved, maybe, but otherwise i'll be stunned if this went through. They've got a good thing going, no need to fuck with it right now.

Clippers need to re-sign Brand and built the team around Brand, Kaman and Thornton with everyone else being dispensable.

Mobleys bitcification of Joe Johnson had alot to do with that win too though.

I wanted the 20 point loss so bad so that they would have lost by over 50 points to close out this road trip and Woodson would get fired. Then he puts in Acie Law with 6 minutes left and WHAT DO YOU KNOWii!! A 19-2 run????

Woodson is just a fucking idiot and gets outcoached nightly. I am not sure there is much you could have done with Thorton this night though. No one could really stop him.

Great game for the Raptors last night. They are on another level when Bargnani is playing good since there is, literally, nobody like him in the NBA. The whole team delivered last night and if they continue rebounding like that then they'll break out of the mid-East pack from Cleveland and Washington and jump onto the Orlando level. From seeing how strong the Raptors have played Boston and Detroit this year and how they CAN dominate Washington, I can see them going quite far in the playoffs. Only team they can't seem to figure out is Cleveland. For whatever reason, Lebron always REALLY goes off against the Raps.

I was really hoping the Raps would get Stoudamire but now that he's gone, they need to find another back up PG. Without Ford, they have nobody to anchor the second unit. They have so many expendable guys that would draw interest (they are deeper and have more solid role players than anybody barring maybe Portland) that it would be inexcusable for them not to make a trade.

They can always resign Darrick Martin...because...well...thats what they usually do.

I do think they would be the perfect team to give a guy like John Lucas III a chance.

Poor kid stood no chance in Van Gundy ball.

Really don't like that trade for Portland. They do need to clear space for Fernandez and Koponen on the roster, but Outlaw/Jack/Frye for Devin Harris isn't the way to do it. If they were getting rid of Miles and/or LaFrentz's contracts in the process and Outlaw wasn't involved, maybe, but otherwise i'll be stunned if this went through. They've got a good thing going, no need to fuck with it right now.

I don't want to see Outlaw go for merely an upgrade at PG. If Fernandez is as good as advertised, Roy will be playing much more point guard in the future, so I see no reason to trade Outlaw, who is is a great sixth man, for Devin Harris. The Blazers will have to make a move at some point, but hopefully it involves Miles and/or LaFrentz. I like idea of trading multiple solid guys for 1 good one, but Harris is not good enough to warrant depletin your much valued depth.

Well, the last few years the NBA has done a good job of not letting the All-stars leak out before their official announcement, but apparently Joe Johnson is going, according to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution. Which means no Josh Smith, highly unlikely they'd vote in two players from the Hawks. I would have rather seen Smith, myself, Johnson's numbers are down from last year and Smith is putting up his best.

Rookie challenge rosters

Rookies:

Al Horford, Hawks

Luis Scola, Rockets

Mike Conley, Grizzlies

Juan Carlos Navarro, Grizzlies

Yi Jianlian, Bucks

Sean Williams, Nets

Kevin Durant, Sonics

Jeff Green, Sonics

Jamario Moon, Raptors

Sophomores:

Rajon Rondo, Celtics

Daniel Gibson, Cavs

Jordan Farmar, Lakers

Rudy Gay, Grizzlies

LaMarcus Aldridge, Blazers

Brandon Roy, Blazers

Andrea Bargnani, Raptors

Ronnie Brewer, Jazz

Paul Millsap, Jazz

Well, the last few years the NBA has done a good job of not letting the All-stars leak out before their official announcement, but apparently Joe Johnson is going, according to the Atlanta-Journal Constitution. Which means no Josh Smith, highly unlikely they'd vote in two players from the Hawks. I would have rather seen Smith, myself, Johnson's numbers are down from last year and Smith is putting up his best.

thats ridiculous. Joe johnson has been fucking horrible this year. ANd he is sulking like a goddamn bitch out there. This is like if Vince Carter made the allstar that year he was sulkign with the raptors. That is what Joe is doing right now.

21 points on 40 percent shooting, not giving effort, while everyone else around him is playing their asses off.

This after he bitching after a 7-1 preseason about not having enough help. Fuck Joe Johnson. This should have been any of the other guards in the East's chance to be an allstar.

I understand Josh not making it because he is a forward that that is a tough spot in the East. But Fuck Joe.

Mobleys bitcification of Joe Johnson had alot to do with that win too though.

I wanted the 20 point loss so bad so that they would have lost by over 50 points to close out this road trip and Woodson would get fired. Then he puts in Acie Law with 6 minutes left and WHAT DO YOU KNOWii!! A 19-2 run????

Woodson is just a fucking idiot and gets outcoached nightly. I am not sure there is much you could have done with Thorton this night though. No one could really stop him.

I always thought Mike would have been the perfect coach here to replace Larry. Ah well :)

Thank God he took the job in Atlanta, though I can certainly understand Rip's frustration. Acie Law has all the earmarks of a good to excellent point guard in this league and Woodson plays him only in spots, but at the same time he still is a rookie. Joe Dumars himself said he would have take Law in the draft if he had been still available, even though Rodney Stuckey looks like he will be a decent successor to Chauncey Billups in time. Stuckey is more of a scorer than a distributor, but he's going going to work out, methinks.

Thank God he took the job in Atlanta, though I can certainly understand Rip's frustration. Acie Law has all the earmarks of a good to excellent point guard in this league and Woodson plays him only in spots, but at the same time he still is a rookie. Joe Dumars himself said he would have take Law in the draft if he had been still available, even though Rodney Stuckey looks like he will be a decent successor to Chauncey Billups in time. Stuckey is more of a scorer than a distributor, but he's going going to work out, methinks.

When the guys ahead of him are Anthony Johnson (who has been doing a decent job I might add) and Tyronne Lue(who couldn't make a D league roster right now let alone getting minutes in the NBA) then there is something wrong. How well he plays doesn't effect his playing time whatsoever and that is bs. The kid hasn't played over 30 minutes in a game yet this year and over 25 like once.

Stuckey has a reason for limited play time but I think he is giong to work out great. I like what I have seen out of him. there is no reason for Acie Law to be losing minutes to Tyronne Lue.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Glad I missed the Chicago Bulls taking a collective shit on the sport of basketball last night. On behalf of the Bulls, sorry about that.

Well, here are the reserves:

East:

Chris Bosh

Caron Butler

Paul Pierce

Chauncey Billups

Richard Hamilton

Joe Johnson

Antawn Jamison

West:

Steve Nash

Chris Paul