TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

I loved how the officials let Prince push Odom out of the way on the rebound that eventually led to Prince hitting the gamewinner.

By loved, I mean that I thought that sucked. Still, I expected the Lakers to be blown out, so I'm surprised they were ever in the game in the first place. Kobe played one of the best halves I've ever seen him play, so it's a testament to how good Detroit actually is that they were able to hold that off and win. Almost every other team would've folded in half.

The ball does not lie.

//Sheed

Hopefully this game shuts up all the "THE SPURS ARE FINALLY BREAKING DOWN" talk for a while.

BTW, what's up with all these players sporting mohawks all of a sudden? Al Harrington last year for a while, Damon Jones, and now Amare has one. I'm not sure I want to see this trend pick up.

Edited by alfdogg

That's the NBA, King. Nevermind that Kobe was getting several bad calls during the course of the game, the refs only screwed up that one time.

The ball does not lie.

//Sheed

Hopefully this game shuts up all the "THE SPURS ARE FINALLY BREAKING DOWN" talk for a while.

It shouldn't. If not for Manu Wade in the second half, they would have lost the game. They need to hope Damon can help them, because until parker gets back they are very vunerable and with the entire west conference has the same record, they could be in trouble.

I don't think they will be though because they are the spurs. but they don't look good right now.

The Lakers just traded for Pau Gasol. Kwame, Crittenton and 2 1sts.

Holy shit. Fisher, Kobe, Odom, Gasol and Bynum is a title winning starting five right there.

Guest Vitamin X

Wow. What a fucking steal for the Lakers.

EDIT: Also, looks like Memphis just dealed Stromile Swift to the Nets for Jason Collins. eh?! Memphis just decided their offseason started Feb. 1st? Better late than never...

And not just a title winning starting five, but one that they can build around for years and years to come.

Are you fucking kidding me?

What the fucking hell is wrong with Memphis? What the FUCK. You don't make that trade in your confernce. especially the conference where my favorite team plays you goddamn assholes. SHIT.

that is a great trade. A front line of Bynum, Gasol with Odem....that has to be the biggest front line in the NBA. Then Kobe and they still get to hold on to their guards.

Get the fuck outta here.

And how the fuck could Billy night not offer up the 13 million dollars in expiring contracts plus Zaza for him...

GODDAMMIT.

Guest Blue Man Czech
Are you fucking kidding me?

What the fucking hell is wrong with Memphis? What the FUCK. You don't make that trade in your confernce. especially the conference where my favorite team plays you goddamn assholes. SHIT.

Mitch Kupchak has to consult Ripper on trades!

Great, now which white guy is John Paxson going to trade for?

And you know what else they could do? They could use Odoms contract to pick up Jason Kidd.

Fuck the Lakers man...fuck em.

I have to take back everything bad I ever said about Mitch Kupchak. The Lakers payroll is going to be gigantic when Bynum and Farmar's contracts are due to come up, not that I care, though.

Jason Kidd probably makes Dallas worse. I can't believe I just said that. Dallas is a jump shooting team, and his shooting percentage is in the shitter.

Kidd won't need to shoot the ball much when he has so many offensive weapons he can dump the ball to...

Are you forgetting Kidd is a pass 1st PG?

Guest Blue Man Czech
I have to take back everything bad I ever said about Mitch Kupchak.

No matter what the Cubs do, I want Jim Hendry to be replaced, so suck it, you wishy-washy Ainge/Kupchak fans.

The West is going to be an all out war now, but the Lakers might have just made themselves the favorite. My question is , is this year's Western Conference the deepest conference top to bottom that anyone can remember? I mean can you say that any team in the East outside of Boston or Detroit would beat a team like Portland or Houston in the playoffs and those teams are fighting for a playoff spot with winning percentages over .550. I think both of those teams are better than Cleveland and Toronto as well as Orlando. The Western playoffs right now would be New Orleans vs Golden State, Phoenix and Denver, Dallas and the Lakers, and Utah against the Spurs. Those are some absolutely awesome matchups and I honestly just want the postseason to start right now.

I have to take back everything bad I ever said about Mitch Kupchak.

No matter what the Cubs do, I want Jim Hendry to be replaced, so suck it, you wishy-washy Ainge/Kupchak fans.

Hey, anyone that can flip KWAME BROWN for Pau Gasol is a goddamn miracle worker.

We could use Kidd now, with all these weapons. Before, no.

That Lakers/Grizzlies trade looks like one for the all-time best/worst deals depending on which side you're on. More importantly though I won't have to hear another "Kobe demands trade, then changes his mind, then demands a trade again" story. The NBA should just contract the Grizzlies at this point.

Now that the initial shock has worn off, i have to wonder.

What are they going to do when Bynum gets back? You have created a Eddy Curry/Z-bo situation again.

I mean, I love Gasol and all, but at the end of the day he is a 7 foot center that doesn't rebound well, doesn't pass out the double well and doesn't play defense. If he gained 150lbs, gave about 50% less effort and got cornrows he would be Eddy Curry.

Bynum needs the ball on the block to be effective and so does gasol. how will they work that out in the offense? Will Gasol become more of a jumpshooter?

You can't blame paxon on this. When he tried to make the trade they were holding out for Deng AND gordon. Now they give him up for some draft picks in the teens and Kwame Brown.

This actually isn't a completely terrible deal for Memphis. I mean, yeah, the rest of this season is going to be really ugly, but they're probably going to have the most cap room in the league heading into a pretty talent-heavy free agent market this summer.

This actually isn't a completely terrible deal for Memphis. I mean, yeah, the rest of this season is going to be really ugly, but they're probably going to have the most cap room in the league heading into a pretty talent-heavy free agent market this summer.

The talent heavy summer is another season away.

Guest Vitamin X
The talent heavy summer is another season away.

Plus,

who wants to play in Memphis?

Where else can the NBA reasonably move the Grizzlies, anyways?

Next stop: The Mobile Grizzlies!