TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vader

Lets Talk about.....

This is a new weekly thread, we pick something to talk about and roll with it. First ever on this segment is one of the more forgoten about stables in the history of WWF X-Factor. Feel free to discuss your highs and lows of this stable,. Wheather it be the Uncle Cracker theme music or whatever, genuflect on your favorite or least favorite aspects of X FACTOR!!!!!!!

I thought that it was just something to give HHH's buddy Sean Waltman something to do.

They definatley had the most effeminate entrance ever in wrestling, that's for sure. Soft rock music with purple lights? Not to mention two completley heatless members in Justin Credible and Albert.

I would say that the peak of X-Factor was when they beat Grandmaster SexAy and Steve Blackman in a dark match at WM 17, the greatest Wrestlemania of all time!

2!! heatless memebers?? Are you saying X-Pac got heat?

He got X-Pac heat. That's a type of heat.

Well you have to credit someone for coming up with a type of heat. And how many people that the WWE pushes as ME's do the exact typeof act.

In theory, they could've done something with those three guys, as they all had at least a little talent and had success in other positions. But all of them were past their expiration date. Albert's gimmick was just being a big ugly guy, and teaming with Test for a year had convinced the audience that he sucked. Justin Credible had approximately zero momentum; the WWF audience didn't know him, and any leftover ECW marks hated his guts. Put together, nobody gave a shit. And that horrible, horrible entrance music sure wasn't helping.

And then... X-Pac. I've always been mystified at the "change the channel" nature of X-Pac heat, since it's not like the guy is the worst wrestler on earth. Maybe the fans just never bought him turning on Kane and then beating him up a lot. Maybe they just despised his tag-team with Road Dogg, which had zero chemistry and produced a lot of boring matches. Maybe they were just beyond sick of crotch-chops and the Bronco Buster. Whatever it is, after 1999 you couldn't even pay people to like watching this guy. I just don't get the awesome level of visceral hatred that so many people have for a guy of his talent level.

Maybe they just despised his tag-team with Road Dogg, which had zero chemistry and produced a lot of boring matches.

Weren't you watching in 2000, Jingus? That may have been one of the greatest tag teams of all time! OF ALL TIME!

Anyway, in between the Razor match and that whole...Joanie thing...ahem...I was a pretty big Waltman mark, but that heel turn and subsequent push in 99 just seemed to kill him. He was much better suited as a face (still think he could've gotten a brief title run before the turn) and everything after the fact just seemed so forced with him, from his character, to the GREATEST TAG TEAM OF ALL TIME to the fact that he'd constantly be put over people he had no business going over at the time. The Jericho program didn't help matters either, because Chris was on the verge of main eventing and that feud seemed to drag him down, which was pretty frustrating.

As for X-Factor...that was just a waste of time. I wanted to like them, because I'm really a fan of all three guys, but they did absolutely nothing with them. X-Pac kept up the same stale act that had people hating him in the first place. I do think they could've tried a little more with Justin, because even with all the hate he at least had some buzz coming straight out of ECW. I could've seen Albert getting over here in a destructive bodyguard role, but really he never seemed to be in sync with other two.

I will admit that the song was a guilty pleasure of mine, though.

I loved X-Factor. Up until the Chyna sex tape I've never had a bad word to say about X-Pac, aside from his occasional laziness, liked Justin Credible and was on the Albert/Bernard bandwagon even before then. Though I really hate Uncle Cracker and prefer their first theme, it was still a good one for the group. I only wish they were used better and hadn't used fucking purple in their scheme. I'm utterly convinced that X-Factor, from their colors to their music, and X-Pac himself was just a great troll attempt that eventually took on a life of its own and soon became what we know as X-Pac heat.

I've always hated X-Pac. Hell I hated him back when he was in Global as The Lightning Kid. He just always has seemed like such a little douche, as in legit and not just playing one on TV. I was also a pretty big Razor Ramon fan in 1993 so you can imagine how thrilled I was that he would job to "that little douche from Global" that I already didn't like.

Take a look at his career and his pushes have always been against guys he has ZERO business beating in matches. Razor (though he and Hall are friends), then in WCW he was feuding with Eddie, Malenko, etc. and not just getting his ass kicked. He even feuded with Flair for crying out loud. Then of course his WWF run when he was going over Kane, Jericho, and of course the truly awful tag team with the Road Dog.

Now, we also have Justin Credible, who I disliked possibly more than X-Pac due to his ludicrous overpush in ECW. Albert I had no big problems with aside from a general feeling of apathy.

I really liked the faction.

And yes, Unkle Kracker is just... if there ever was a black hole for musicianship and originality, it would be him... he could stand fifteen feet from any artist while they are trying to perform and automatically suck their ability to perform good music out of them... that's the best way that I can articulate my feelings on that guy...

But X-Factor... I was a fan...

I didn't like them, because even though I was still a mark at the time, I could detect that they were never going to go anywhere. I thought Albert and Credible had potential, but I was beyond sick of X-Pac (I was contributing to his X-Pac heat, I guess).

It's fun to look back now, how Albert has become a big deal in Japan, and the other two just fell off the face of the planet.

I think the worst part of that group was actually Justin Credible. He came off as a third rate cross of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and X-Pac, and was not that special in the ring. I believe he was later one of about 58 guys in the WCW/ECW Alliance to use the superkick as a finisher. Probably Paul Heyman's least original and most heatless creation, despite cramming him down ECW fans' throats. Then, to actually put him in a group with the guy he looked like a lamer version of, was pretty ridiculous.

Am I the only guy who liked Credible better as Aldo Montoya? Now I'm not a huge Aldo mark but I think the guy's style was kind of unique for '95 WWF. I'm not saying he should have main-evented or anything but surely they could have found something better for him to other than being cannon fodder.

Yo Ya Dealing With The X-Factor

I've got everything i ever wanted and im going to get that back

Oh! i know you hate X-Factor but you dont have to look at me like that

I say you aint have to look at me like that

Great lyrics right there. Uncle Kracker should have at least got a People's Choice award for them.

Yo Ya Dealing With The X-Factor

I've got everything i ever wanted and im going to get that back

Oh! i know you hate X-Factor but you dont have to look at me like that

I say you aint have to look at me like that

Great lyrics right there. Uncle Kracker should have at least got a People's Choice award for them.

Get the bad stuff out of my head now!

I could have gone my whole life without having think of that song again. :D

I always thought a tag team of Credible & Albert could have been decent if Credible went to being a cocky prick style wrestler instead of the mimicry of Austin.

Kind of like a 2nd (or 3rd) rate version of D'Lo/Mark Henry during the post-Nation days.

My favorite X-Factor memory is when they were the in studio guests on HeAT. I think it was like the day before the ECW stuff happened; and Albert was IC champ with X-Pac Light Heavyweight, and those two were just admiring each other's belt's as Justin Credible tried to peak over their shoulders to see what was up. I think they gave him a wrist sized world title replica so that he wouldn't feel left out.

I always reasoned that the way X-Factor treated Justin Credible caused the ECW invasion to happen.

I do remember the skit where Albert and X-Pac gave Credible that little toy belt. Probably the only worthwhile thing they ever did. Too bad they couldn't have finished the segment by smashing Credible's face in with a hammer, or something.

And then... X-Pac. I've always been mystified at the "change the channel" nature of X-Pac heat, since it's not like the guy is the worst wrestler on earth. Maybe the fans just never bought him turning on Kane and then beating him up a lot. Maybe they just despised his tag-team with Road Dogg, which had zero chemistry and produced a lot of boring matches. Maybe they were just beyond sick of crotch-chops and the Bronco Buster. Whatever it is, after 1999 you couldn't even pay people to like watching this guy. I just don't get the awesome level of visceral hatred that so many people have for a guy of his talent level.

Two words sum it up, and they come from Edge during a great promo on Raw: Character Development. X-Pac was the same character and personality in 1999 that he was in 1996, and I think the people were tired of it, and by 2001 they absolutely hated it to the point he was the lone WWF guy to get booed when facing a WCW wrestling during the ill-fated Invasion.

While some people can get away with staying the same for so long, those people are usually so incredibly popular that they could get a reaction just reading from the phone book. X-Pac was not such a person. He didn't do anything to change, update or freshen himself up in anyway, and it showed in the reaction he got.

As for X-Factor, it wasn't a bad idea in theory, but they did it with the wrong people and had the wrong idea. Instead of being an opening match to mid-level act, they should have been pushed as a strong mid-level act on the way to the upper level of the card. The problem is you simply couldn't do that with any of the three involved, despite what they all brought to the table.

I felt kind of sorry for Credible when they came out on Heat, and Justin started to do his "that's not just the coolest" catch phrase. As he started to say it, he paused and looked out, expecting crowd reaction, but there was just silence.