TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

No Way Out

I'm probably the only person that thinks the whole Show/Mayweather boxing match idea is a bad one.

Explain. The segment was incredible and Mayweather is a legitmate star that the sports media won't trash like Pacman.

Edit: As a boxing match? I might agree. I thought you were against the whole thing.

Show's nose looks broken. why the fuck would he connect that hard with him? looks to me like that fuck was trying to show him up..(no pun intended). i guess show might want to take some liberties with him next time

Fucking sweet. The WWE Championship match is looking much more promising with Cena not winning this match.

Crowd chanting Na-Na-Na-Nah Hey-Hey-Hey Goodbye to Cena was a nice touch too.

man i tell you, if the wwe doesn't turn him heel soon they are fucking insane

Does anyone really want to watch a worked boxing match? I'd rather see it as "Mayweather tries to beat Show at his own game" instead of "Big Show jobs to another legend from another sport." We've already seen that at WM21.

I'm probably the only person that thinks the whole Show/Mayweather boxing match idea is a bad one.

Explain. The segment was incredible and Mayweather is a legitmate star that the sports media won't trash like Pacman.

Is the boxing match worked or shoot? Either answer carries their own risks.

Worked- Boxing fans who MIGHT order the PPV to see Mayweather will not appreciate seeing a worked match involving their biggest star, and they will not likely stick around once Mayweather ends his commitments with the WWE, so you'd have to put Mayweather over your giant heel to send those fans home happy, and the WWE won't really get to see long term benefits of it, outside a possibly bigger gate than normal for Mania. Not to mention it makes Big Show look even worse for losing to a smaller boxer, even if the whole "David vs Goliath" aspect is a hot draw. I read once some wrestler wrote about Shane McMahon is that McMahon gets to do the big stunts because he doesn't have to wrestle the next night. The opponent does. Big Show will have to work in the WWE after this match (assuming this is not an one-off match for him as well), and he will have to live with the fact he lost to Mayweather.

Shoot- I don't even have to explain the ramifications of a shoot match between the two.

Boxing fans who MIGHT order the PPV to see Mayweather will not appreciate seeing a worked match involving their biggest star, and they will not likely stick around once Mayweather ends his commitments with the WWE

They're not going to anyway they try and do this.

Boxing fans who MIGHT order the PPV to see Mayweather will not appreciate seeing a worked match involving their biggest star, and they will not likely stick around once Mayweather ends his commitments with the WWE

They're not going to anyway they try and do this.

Yeah I was being generous in saying they might. In reality, you're right. They won't. And it will just be the same people who would order the show otherwise, and WWE just blew the money they used to hire Mayweather. And Show looks like a big fat jobber for losing (even if he is a big fat jobber anyways).

They did a good job making Umaga look like something after that whole one sided feud with HHH thing. The stacked samoan drop was amazing and he kept up dominating the match until taking 4 finishers. Hardy looked really good and for a brief moment I thought he may actually be winning, especially after the pedigree kick-out. Good show overall.

It was weird hearing Tazz and Joey talk during the Punk/Chavo video package. All I made out was Joey saying Tazz could ask him a question, then he said something about when they go home, can he say Chavo... and that was it. They should probably never have a babyface do the triple suplex spot again either - even as the at home viewer, it was confusing as to if Punk was mocking Chavo or paying tribute to Eddie (and people are sick of that exploitation).

It was a good thing Taker didn't get hurt when the chamber door opened by mistake and he tumbled out.

I just got in from watching this at a Buffalo Wild Wings. It was the first time in a long time where I watched a PPV with a diverse group of fans - young, old, and everything in between. Here are some of the things I noticed:

-The crowd at the restaurant was pretty mellow during the first Elimination Chamber match. The three biggest pops were Taker's super-slam on MVP, Hornswaggle's appearence (I have to admit... I got a kick out of that one), and the finish. It was a mix of Bastista and Undertaker fans throughout the match.

-The Big Show/Mayweather angle was over big time with the crowd, including those who weren't paying attention to the show. When they kept showing Big Show's bloody face and the replay of the punches, the crowd kept getting louder. They have a big money angle on their hands with this one. I also got a kick out of how quickly Mayweather and his posse got out of the ring... it was a very nice touch.

-The Orton/Cena match split the crowd just like any arena. I haven't cheered for Randy Orton that much in my life. I don't have a problem with Cena, but some of his fanbase (Especially the older people) can get on your nerves quickly. I was hoping they'd do the double-countout they teased, but then I was like, "Randy... why did you get back in the ring in the first place?" I have to admit... I liked the ending a lot, and I'm glad Orton got to keep the belt. The finish drew a mixed reaction, but the Orton fans were a bit louder.

-The Raw Elimination Chamber got the big pops of the night. Umaga's double Samoan drop was a favorite, and I'm glad they made him look like a killer again. I know it's redundant to say this, but the Smackdown match was so neutered compared to this one. Shawn was gushing blood like a champion. Like Orton and Cena, the crowd was split for Hardy and HHH, although Hardy was winning the crowd by the end with his high spots. For a split second, I thought they might swerve us all and have Hardy win it. If he doesn't win Money in the Bank this year, I'll be shocked.

It was weird hearing Tazz and Joey talk during the Punk/Chavo video package. All I made out was Joey saying Tazz could ask him a question, then he said something about when they go home, can he say Chavo... and that was it. They should probably never have a babyface do the triple suplex spot again either - even as the at home viewer, it was confusing as to if Punk was mocking Chavo or paying tribute to Eddie (and people are sick of that exploitation).

Punk doing Eddie moves didn't work out so great