TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

Guest Blue Man Czech
Nick Van excel, vlade Divac Lakers

They always covered the spreadsheet.

Nobody is going to double team Shaq. Shaq only averages 14 points per game, so we're not talking about this force on the interior that everyone has to watch out for.

Shaq's averaging 4 fouls per game and he isn't great defensively. Teams are putting him in foul trouble and getting him to the bench. He has a bad hip, it isn't an injury that goes away like a sprained toe or ankle.

Nobody is going to double team Shaq. Shaq only averages 14 points per game, so we're not talking about this force on the interior that everyone has to watch out for.

Shaq's averaging 4 fouls per game and he isn't great defensively. Teams are putting him in foul trouble and getting him to the bench. He has a bad hip, it isn't an injury that goes away like a sprained toe or ankle.

You don't double shaq if Tim Duncan or Andrew Bynum is guarding him. Then you have to guard Amare one on one with Gasol or Elson.

You double him if Fransico Elson or Pau Gasol are guarding him one on one. Shaq has been getting doubled and was averaging 14 points. Play him one on one with those two and you are going to see more than 14 points.

Shaq was not getting doubled. Wade was the one who had been getting doubled, not Shaq. In fact, Shaq's offensive rebounding totals are up because he ISN'T getting double teamed.

i almost feel dirty rooting for a team with shaq on it, but after a few days' thought, i feel better about the suns' chances for a championship now than i did 3 months ago.

the "why'd they change/best record in the western conference" argument doesn't hold much water. regular season wins are NOT an indicator of how well a team will do in the playoffs, and the suns apparently have eventually come to understand that. they were not going to win a championship with their present tendencies and weaknesses, period. there needed to be some sort of change-up.

at the very least, this offers a potential need for the spurs to rethink their defensive strategy that's worked against the suns for so long. that puts a "maybe yes/maybe no" in the space where there used to be a "seriously doubtful."

Leave it to the Knicks to thoroughly outplay the Spurs for 47 3/4 minutes, but find a way to give up a wide open game tying three in the final second of regulation, and then go ice cold in OT to blow another game they had no business losing.

At least we'll get more ping pong balls..At least we'll get more ping pong balls.

I can't believe I'm this pissed off over a team that's like 39 games under .500. Oh boy.

He's going to be on the lower echelon in the lottery. I don't think we need him with David Lee. I'd like Derrick Rose and after that Beasley or Donte Greene is cool with me. After that, I'm not sure. Kevin Love wouldn't be horrible though.

Nice win by the Clippers tonight

I love Al Thornton. He took Chris Bosh to school in the fourth quarter. Unexpectedly he has become the Clippers go to guy in close games and has done well.

Never understood why it took Dunleavy so long to give him playing time.

"When I was new in the NBA the team veterans convinced me to shave, you know, down there, because they said the hair stinks. I used my girlfriend's razor, which was rusty and gave me keloids. The doctor prescribed medicine to dab on, but I just poured it all over. Three days later I woke up screaming. The skin was burnt off my scrotum, down to my crack, everything -- just raw flesh. I still had to run and play, so I used a numbing spray for a month until it healed. Now I use clippers."

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog...down_there.html

The Pau and Kobe thing reminds me of when Malone was healthy and able to run the pick and roll with Kobe in the '03-'04 season. Coincidentally, that was the last time I thought our offensive play was at this level. Playing the two man game always leads to success.

As for the game last night, we were very lucky that Dwight Howard got himself in foul trouble. It was looking to be a long night.

According to ESPN, the Bulls and Knicks are discussing a trade that would send Ben Wallace to the Knicks for Quentin Richardson, Fred Jones, and Malik Rose.

It's a lateral move basically, unless the Knicks get better parts around Ben Wallace. Wallace's contract expires the same year as Q's (if Q picks up his player option). I don't care for any trade really (unless we're getting a star player) as long as we don't bring salaries that go further than 2010.