HERE'S WHO IS TAKEN:

1. Chris Long DE-Virginia

2. Glenn Dorsey DT-LSU

3. Jake Long OT-Michigan

4. Pending

5. Darren McFadden RB-Arkansas

6. Sedrick Ellis-DT-Southern California

7. Vernon Gholston LB/DE-Ohio State

Sorry, I have been gone all day for work and just got online.

With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...

Chris Long from Virginia.

Parcells is bringing the 3-4 to Miami, and he needs a versatile player to compliment Jason Taylor coming off the other end. Long is the kind of player that Parcells loves, and Miami should be able to put more pressure on the QB this year. Long impressed me in the one game I watched him play, and the highlights I saw of him. Seems to be a great physical specimen; not as much as Gholston, but seems like he has an NFL-ready body. Sadly, this fills one of the 20 or so holes they need to fill, so whoever you took in this spot is kind of a let down.

Others I was tempted to take:

Vernon Gholston, Glenn Dorsey, Jake Long, and Sedrick Ellis.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Carlito Adebisi is up next. Check up above for the list of players that have been taken.

With the 2nd overall pick, the St. Louis Rams select... Glenn Dorsey from LSU!

Don't got time to write an in-depth analysis, I'm at work currently. But this pick is pretty much obivous.

With the 3rd pick of the 2008 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select...Jake Long, Offensive Tackle, from Michigan.

Perhaps that first shocker of the draft. Many experts considered the Falcons taking Boston College QB Matt Ryan or Arkansas RB Darren McFadden.

Unfortunately for the Falcons, the team needs more than a QB or RB; they need a solid offensive line.

Note: I can add more of a description later.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Can't disagree much with the first three selections. Miami clearly has to focus on defense the same as St. Louis, who got fucking GASHED every game I saw them in last season. Dorsey in the middle of that is as good an option as is available. I can almost never argue against taking a potential franchise left tackle, since that's one of the most important positions on the field.

Three picks, three linemen. TRENCHES!

banky is on the clock, with UndertakerHart, PujolJunkie and HarleyQuinn due up.

Are we following NFL Draft overclock rules, where if somebody takes too long they get "skipped" and we just keep going...but they can jump in with that pick at any point?

It isn't really "skipping", per se. If you run out of time in the NFL draft and the team selecting after you gets their pick in, the pick counts as valid. The team that missed their selection can jump in at any time with a selection, but until then the teams picking behind them can continue to make selections.

I'd say 12 hours, PM, 12 hours, pass pick to the next person.

At the moment we're on hour 32, but I've no idea if he was PMed or not, because it says that you'll be PMed if you are late getting a pick in.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

He was. Let's move along.

bankers can chime in whenever his new bride stops beating him senseless.

For the record:

If you want to PM me a short list of players that will likely be available, in preferential order, I'll put the pick in for you should you not be online for a while.

With the 4th? pick in the draft, the Kansas City Chiefs draft...Darren McFadden. I didn't think the available QB's were franchise QB's. Since Priest Holmes will probably retire, the Chiefs need another solid running back. With Larry Johnson, they should be formidable 1-2 punch when it comes to the ground game.

No, it's not interesting. It's an outright bad pick. Why in the world would anyone draft McFadden after all the drama that happened with Larry Johnson? It's just dumb. Not to mention Herm Edwards doesn't exactly have the creativity to run a platoon RB offense.

With the 6th pick, the New England Patriots are pleased to select DE/LB Vernon Gholston out of Ohio State.

Classic Tweener with the ability to play DE or OLB in a 3-4/4-3 and should add to the strength of the DL while also adding some depth to the LB core.

Marvin is "on the clock" with banky able to jump in at any time.

Also, banky 'lost' the fourth pick; that is, the fifth, sixth and seventh selections would be recorded as fourth, fifth and sixth, and banky gets the pick of whenever he jumps in (so if it was now the selection would go down as the seventh pick, and Baltimore would be back at their real #8.)