TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Help me find Super Nintendo ROMs

My 360 red ringed on me and I'll be sending it in whenever the coffin arrives. All the games I have for older systems have been played to death. I figured I would enjoy some Super NES ROMs while my 360 is out of commission.

I downloaded the zSNES emulator, but here's the problem- every site I go to, when i try to download a ROM, it says the site cannot offer a download because the games are ESA protected. Okay, then why have the fucking site in the first place?

Does anyone know where I can download some games?

Matt, I would assume you're looking for titles like Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Zelda 3, etc.? I know those are all ESA protected. I'll try to remember to hook you up when I get home today...shoot me a PM if I aven't done it by tomorrow. Tell me what you need and I'll see if I have it.

I use Edgeemu.com. They require registration, but I have a shitty email for stuff like that anyways. The only problem is that when you go to download, say, Super Mario World, you get a .rar file with every version, traslation, and/or hack made.

I'm no good with torrents. But yes, I've been trying to download mainly first party Nintendo games like Mario. Some of the links posted, I have been to, but quite a few, I have not. Thanks for posting them. I'll check 'em out. And Lushus, thanks for the offer. I'm looking forward to that.

Anyone know how can use my wired 360 controller for zSNES? I used to have an adapter for a PS1 controller that worked fine, but it's gone. The PC detects the 360 controller, but won't let me use it for the emulator.

Thanks. Geedorah. It's working now.

So basically, most of the good games are ESA protected. I sent messages to Black Lushus, but since I keep finding more missing from the list, here's a running tally of what I'm looking for:

All Mario games- All Stars, World, Paint, Kart, RPG, etc.

Legend of Zelda

Super Metroid

Kirby

Final Fantasy III

Earthbound

Super Punch-Out!!!

I have Super Metroid and Mario RPG for zSNES. I'm at work now, but I got them at 3roms.com

Mario RPG has froze up on me once, but I was playing Super Metroid for a good 3 hours last night without a hitch.

I'd try RomNation.net if I were you. That's where I get all my NES, Genesis and SNES games.

the problem is, most Nintendo first party games are under that ESA deal no matter where you look. I'm almost positive RomNation has the same thing going on. I usuallyy use them or CoolRoms.com. Kristi, did you recently use RomNation? Again, I haven't DLed a ROM in at least a year so things may have changed?

the problem is, most Nintendo first party games are under that ESA deal no matter where you look. I'm almost positive RomNation has the same thing going on. I usuallyy use them or CoolRoms.com. Kristi, did you recently use RomNation? Again, I haven't DLed a ROM in at least a year so things may have changed?

Yeah, sorry. I guess I hadn't been there in a long time. My bad.

Apparently, Killer Instinct and Spider-Man/Venom: Maximum Carnage are protected as well. Wha determines which games are protected?

Anyway, Lushus, I will be home all night. I'm not sure what you and the wife have planned, but assuming you are available, how should we go about doing this? I'd imagine it wouldn't take long since the files are small.

I agree with the posters up above--gaffling a "full" (relative term) set is alot easier and less time-consuming than hunting around for individual files, but you can try this:

http://roms.theoland.net/index.php

I have no idea what it is or where it came from, so I'm not vouching for it--but it's massive.

Did a quick test and it's up and running, though a cursory glance at the SNES section reveals a fucking mess. There's like every version of every game ever made--all unzipped, and it's a pain to navigate. But if you want some shit it's probably there.