TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HarleyQuinn

Desert Island Draft Thread

Hahahahha... sorry dude.

I would have actually picked this earlier but I was trying to get a few ringer type albums down.

Same. I never should have betrayed my one truest love.

What's the point of comparing the Beatles to Springsteen? But then you'd say what's the point of comparing anyone? I like both, but I don't know how to measure "Kitty's Back" against "In My Life." But honestly, Cowboy Numbers, that album you picked sucks.

I disagree.

What's the point of comparing the Beatles to Springsteen? But then you'd say what's the point of comparing anyone? I like both, but I don't know how to measure "Kitty's Back" against "In My Life." But honestly, Cowboy Numbers, that album you picked sucks.

it never started out as such, just surprised how many people have selected springsteen albums, let alone bullshit springsteen albums. i guess tsm is all about the heartland.

actually nevermind, it is that way. because springsteen isn't that good. and the beatles are pretty much responsible for the formation of pop group based music as we know it.

I always thought they were MUCH better songwriters than they were musicians and usually preferred the covers of their stuff.

That's how I feel. I don't have a single Beatles record, but I have a bunch of their songs performed by other artists that get some good play.

actually nevermind, it is that way. because springsteen isn't that good. and the beatles are pretty much responsible for the formation of pop group based music as we know it.

The Beatles are way more influential but I'd much rather listen to a Springsteen album than any Beatles album. I agree with the others in that the covers of their work are much better than their own music.

Type O Negative's "Daytripper" medley is pretty good, but I like that sound. If someone who sounds like Type O can adequately play your song, it shows your a great songwriter. The Beatles wrote some great songs, I just like other people playing them.

I thought I read the dumbest music related statement of the day when a friend told me in an AIM conversation that the professor of the class on Dylan he's taking thought "Joey" was one of Dylan's finest moments...I was wrong.

Of course now someone is going to say Dylan sucks and derail this thread even more.

You're just fucking wrong, ok? This is not something we can debate. Disagree til you're blue in the face. It's retarded.

Me?

Not specifically, since you were just talking about covers? Which I'm lukewarm about.

But this whole anti Beatles thing is misplaced.

They are much better songwriters than musicians (and better composers than anything), but they're still the fucking Beatles. There're no legitimate reason to dislike the Beatles, and if you think there is, you are wrong.

You're just fucking wrong, ok? This is not something we can debate. Disagree til you're blue in the face. It's retarded.

Me?

Not specifically, since you were just talking about covers? Which I'm lukewarm about.

But this whole anti Beatles thing is misplaced.

They are much better songwriters than musicians (and better composers than anything), but they're still the fucking Beatles. There're no legitimate reason to dislike the Beatles, and if you think there is, you are wrong.

Actually I'm right. I'm fucking sick of all the dickriding that goes on when it comes to the beatles.

I know. I don't even like the Beatles that much, that's the worst thing about this. What I said was there was no reason to dislike them, and there isn't. To say that because they're over rated they somehow suck, that's what's stupid.

Who on earth does a good Beatles cover?

joe cocker'd

That's the only one I could think of, yeah. I remember hearing some Our Lady Peace ones that were pretty much the worst thing ever. That is to be expected with Our Lady Peace, though.

This all grew out of someone saying that it wasn't ok to like Springsteen more than the Beatles right?

Hell, I like Anal Cunt more than the Beatles.

The point is you can't say they aren't any good because they aren't the best ever.