TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest heat

How to book the rest of 08

Guest heat

How would you guys book the rest of the year after Wrestlemania?

Not necessarily detailed but outline what shoupd happen in the title pictures of both...(eh three, but who cares about ECW? ;)) brands and maybe other certain things you may find important/interesting? Considering how over Hardy is can the WWE really let his momentum slide and where leaves that Cena if they really give Jeff the big one? What's gonna happen at Smackdown where it seems imo more difficult to build things after the greatest stage of em all?

Discuss!

If this topic is not of interest then just let it sink into nirvana. Though the WWE-Folder doesn't have that many topics so maybe this one ain't that bad. ;)

Triple H wins the title at WM.

Hardy cashes in his MITB against Triple H two PPVs before Summerslam and wins. Handshake, respect angle.

Triple H gets a rematch at the next PPV, loses to due his Summerslam opponent (Kennedy?).

Cena beats Hardy at Summerslam to win the title.

Cena holds the title until Survivor Series, where he loses it to Orton.

At the Rumble, Cena wins the title back from Orton and Batista wins the Rumble.

Cena defends against Batista at WM25.

As for Smackdown, I don't know. It depends on who they get assuming there is another draft.

HHH wins Title at WM

Immediately after, Hardy cashes in MitB that he won earlier in the evening

Jeff Hardy wins, Matt Hardy (having finally beat MVP for the US title earlier in the show) comes down to do the "Eddy/That Guy" celebration with him, thus completely deleting "him" from the WM highlight videos

Jeff Hardy gets a "thank you for killing yourself for us for the past 10 years" title run for about 2 - 3 months

HHH turns heel at some point during the early Spring

Jeff Hardy loses the title to heel HHH at Judgment Day

not sure where to go from there.....

Guest Diablo_Dor

Raw: HHH wins the title at WM in a triple threat, pinning Orton. Defeating him clean in a one-on-one at backlash to completely squishafy him back to the midcard. Cena has his attention diverted by a beginning Mcmahon feud with Umaga, Regal, Big Show and JBL giving us their own take on the monster-of-the-week angle.

Hardy wins the MITB to start the long run until a Summerslam title run, but feuds in the meantime with Kennedy (who isn't in the WM match and vows to take the opportunity away from someone like it was stolen from him) and JBL trying to buy the opportunity off him.

Very soon after WM Kendrick & London win a title shot against Santino & Carlito but London is taken out of the picture, Kendrick asks his "trainer" Shawn Michaels to help him out and they win the titles, leading to a summer long feud of London trying to get back into the picture, we could get another Marty Jannetty cameo here, a Diesel rip off (Could you imagine if he could get Khali to dress up like Diesel?), even London asking STONE COLD or Cena to be his partner, you know anyone who has tagged or held the tag titles with HBK. This keeps Shawn busy (without expecting him to carry the bulk of the matches) moves the tag titles into greater significance and finally allows K&L to gain some assemblance of personality, oh and the matches could just be amazing.

I could see a heel turned Batista on RAW and possibly a Summerslam feud between JBL & Shawn if the won't use my tag title storyline.

Smackdown: Taker is champ, Batista Edge, Kane & Jericho are in the hunt for the title, Matt Hardy returns and wins the US title from MVP, after a load of rematches, Chuck Palumbo and Jamie Noble are added to the hunt.

ECW: Does anyone really think they have a plan? Punk isn't supposed to be involved in the title match at WM despite carrying the brand since Morrison was suspended, but when they realise there IS NO ONE ELSE in the face side they have to shoe horn him in.

Maybe move Punk into the MITB and a US title hunt on Smackdown, and allow Stevie Richards to go for his moment in the sun at WM?

Anyone else think MVP will win the strap this year?

I'd say he wins it at Summerslam 09.

Nah, he will win it before... I think possibly Wrestlemania 25.

Guest dustinbeaverton

For the Raw Title, I agree with most people here, that HHH wins at WM. Since it will be a Triple Threat, I would have HHH get the pin over Orton (even though I'm a huge fan of Orton, I know he can't win this match). Early at WM, I would have an altercation backstage between Cena and someone like Kennedy or Y2J. Cena is upset that they are messing with him on such an important day, and lays them out backstage, giving some sort of injury that they sell in their match. Have them involved in MITB, and have them almost win, but someone takes advantage of the injury that Cena caused, and then Hardy wins MITB. Kenney/Y2J are interviewed backstage, blaming Cena for their loss. They take Cena out backstage before his match, making him easy to eliminate during his Triple Threat, but HHH still pins Orton. Cena then does a full heel turn and works a program with Y2J/Kennedy.

As Hardy is pushed, they definitely lose the Hot Topic look. I know all of the AFI and My Chemical Romance fans thinks he looks pretty sweet, but he needs to get a look that shows he has grown up. He's not a 15-year-old goth kid. I would have Hardy feud with Orton until SummerSlam or so. HHH can just work the PPV against some people like Khali or something, since everyone knows he'll keep the title for a while anyway. Or let him work a program with MVP, to get MVP used to the spotlight so he can be pushed more later. Or let him work with Kennedy, Kennedy having a lot of close calls, but never able to get the pin on HHH, so Kennedy seems legit when he gets a title push some time later.

For the Raw Title, I agree with most people here, that HHH wins at WM. Since it will be a Triple Threat, I would have HHH get the pin over Orton (even though I'm a huge fan of Orton, I know he can't win this match). Early at WM, I would have an altercation backstage between Cena and someone like Kennedy or Y2J. Cena is upset that they are messing with him on such an important day, and lays them out backstage, giving some sort of injury that they sell in their match. Have them involved in MITB, and have them almost win, but someone takes advantage of the injury that Cena caused, and then Hardy wins MITB. Kenney/Y2J are interviewed backstage, blaming Cena for their loss. They take Cena out backstage before his match, making him easy to eliminate during his Triple Threat, but HHH still pins Orton. Cena then does a full heel turn and works a program with Y2J/Kennedy.

As Hardy is pushed, they definitely lose the Hot Topic look. I know all of the AFI and My Chemical Romance fans thinks he looks pretty sweet, but he needs to get a look that shows he has grown up. He's not a 15-year-old goth kid. I would have Hardy feud with Orton until SummerSlam or so. HHH can just work the PPV against some people like Khali or something, since everyone knows he'll keep the title for a while anyway. Or let him work a program with MVP, to get MVP used to the spotlight so he can be pushed more later. Or let him work with Kennedy, Kennedy having a lot of close calls, but never able to get the pin on HHH, so Kennedy seems legit when he gets a title push some time later.

This may sound strange, but having Hardy "grow up" might be an interesting

"Major League II"

kind of thing. His fans might instantly reject that, leading to a hesitant, frustrated Heel Turn to occupy a title chase. Culminates in Hardy returning at Summerslam all gothed, which might instantly earn him quite a bit of momentum, gives him an instant face turn, and makes for an organic kind of maturity for him.

Spoiler tags are for anyone who hasn't seen the movie I used as an example. Because I know someone would bitch about it.

Guest dustinbeaverton

I'm not sure if you don't get what I said or LunarPhoenix or both, but...

Jeff Hardy looks like he gets dressed at Hot Topic. He's looked that way for a really, really long time. It's a really old look... and I'm sure I'll offend someone, but it's a very "white trash" look, in my opinion. And while the majority of WWE fans are probably of that nature, it's just a really tired look. Almost every wrestler goes through a transition from midcard to main eventer... a new attitude, and a new look. Austin, HHH, The Rock, Cena... Hardy needs to go through his, in my opinion.

Phoenix is just saying that he thinks Hardy would get a lot of heat if he dropped the "rainbow haired warrior" look. So he's saying that Hardy could use that as a heel turn while he goes after the title, then bring back the gimmick around SummerSlam time to get some momentum... sorta like UT used to bring back the "dead man" gimmick instead of the American badass gimmick.

Phoenix, if that's not what you're saying, feel free to correct me. Walkin' dude, if that's not even what you were asking, I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time.

HHH will win the title at Mania. He'll turn heel the next night and feud with Cena till June.

Hardy will win Money in the Bank. He'll feud with Kennedy and Kennedy will take the IC title.

Sometime in June/July, HHH will get injured again and drop the title to Big Show.

SummerSlam will feature a Cena/Big Show match where Cena wins the title.

Jeff will cash in his money in the bank and beat Cena for the title. Cena finally turns heel.

Smackdown title:

Taker will win the title at Mania. Edge will get a rematch at Backlash. He'll lose and turn on Vickie Guerrero

At the May ppv, Batista will turn heel and beat Taker for the title. Taker will take a break and Batista will feud with Kane.

Around July, Orton will come to smackdown and beat Batista for the title. They have another match at Summerslam.

Survivor Series will have a unification of the Smackdown and ECW title with Orton vs Punk.

I was asking for LunarPhoenix to explain himself better. I understand what he is trying to say, I just don't understand the logic.

First off he is saying Hardy turns twice in the span of six months. Second of all he is saying that going back to what is perceived to be an immature look all of sudden makes him more mature. I just didn't get that. If that is not what Phoenix meant, then thats why I asked for a clarification.

I'm pretty sure there's a portion of Hardy's fan base that would reject him trading out the goth'ish persona for something more "grown up". I mean, maybe not - maybe his fifteen year old goth fangirls will stick around no matter what. But if it were to have that negative effect, might as well milk it into a, "Has Jeff Hardy gone corporate?" thing. Tease it out, make it kind of a heel turn, then have him say, "Fuck 'em, I am who I am," which would instantly win back that fan base. It gives his character something to do, and would be sorta interesting.

To me, anyway. I'm sure others can come up with better, but the idea of Hardy "maturing" his look instantly made me think of the Vaugn heel turn in that spoiler-tagged move above. And the response of the fans at the end of the movie when he returns to his old look.

*shrug*

The key to this is to make it a seduction, like most every "corporate" angle has been. Some older heel tries to catch Jeff's rising star and remake him for some other nefarious purpose. Usually this is Vince, but I'd rather avoid it being actually "corporate".

Maybe get this heel involved in the title picture so it's personal when Hardy wins.

Personally, all this is just an idea, and maybe not even a good one. I just thought of ML2 when the idea of Hardy maturing his look came up. If he grew up some, I'd mark for it - I like reinventions and re-imaginings and characters evolving no matter if its wrestling or anything else.

Beating Michaels and kicking out of the Pedigree at NWO might be good places to start with that. I mean, those aren't the same, but it might rattle him. If he's the cerebral assassin, he's got to know he's getting a little older and that Hardy has potential if it's nursed long enough.

True. I just read that in another thread, actually. I started watching wrestling again in the last month or so after some time off so I'm still catching up.

Yeah. Bring Armageddon up somehow, either via announcers speculating, HHH bringing it up while trying to seduce Hardy, or Hardy bringing it up and that's some leverage for HHH to want to try and intercept Hardy on the way up.

Innarestin'.

Guest dustinbeaverton

Honestly, I'm not a real big Hardy fan. I think he's great as a mid-carder, and I love watching him kill himself over and over, but I don't really like him as a main eventer. Maybe it's just that I had how he still dresses like a the morons you see at a Good Charlotte concert, I don't know. And it doesn't help that JR calls him the "rainbow haired warrior." He has to hate that. Plus, I've never been impressed with either of the Hardys' mic skills.

That's why I am a bigger fan of Kennedy, and I wish he would have gotten the push they were going to give him last year before they assumed wrong about his injury. Kennedy has sweet mic skills, he has that heel-you-love-to-hate thing going for him like The Rock did before getting huge, and Kennedy doesn't dress like he wishes he was in a Nu-Metal band.

If I had my way, next year's WM would be headlined by a Triple Threat: Orton vs. Kennedy vs. Y2J. With Ted DiBiase as the guest time keeper, and Mick Foley as the guest referee. And Sunny as the guest ring announcer.

Going along with WWE planned mania matches.

RAW- WM24 - Hardy wins MITB, Triple H pins Cena for the WWE Title.

Backlash - Triple H vs Orton. Cena run-in. Street Fight rematch at the next PPV. Triple H retains all.

RAW DRAFTS - Batista, The Undertaker, Victoria, Kelly Kelly, The Great Khali

Summerslam - Jeff Hardy vs Triple H. Face vs Face. Hardy wins. Triple H turns on him the next week. Rematches.

Orton defeats Jeff Hardy for the title. Orton vs Taker at Survivor Series. Orton kills another legend. Taker retires.

6-Man Elimination WWE Title match at Armageddon. Cena wins.

Cena retains against Triple H at WM 25.

Smackdown - WM24 - Undertaker defeats Edge for the World Title.

END ECW TALENT EXCHANGE THING, BRING BACK CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE

Backlash - Edge defeats Undertaker in a gimmick match for the title.

SMACKDOWN DRAFTS - Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Super Crazy, John Morrison, Carlito

Summerslam - Shawn Michaels defeats Edge for the World title.

John Morrison defeats Shawn Michaels(Edge run-in). Morrison loses to Jericho at Survivor Series.

Edge defeats Jericho at Rumble. Shawn Michaels wins the Rumble.

Edge retains against Shawn Michaels in a Ladder Match at WM 25

ECW - WM 24 - Assuming Chavo retains..

ECW DRAFTS - Kane, Kenny Dykstra, Hardcore Holly, Lance Cade, Val Venis

Chavo loses to CM Punk at Summerslam. Kane(heel) starts year long feud/destroying of Dreamer.

CM Punk loses to Shelton Benjamin.

Benjamin loses to Kane.

Dreamer finally beats Kane at Judgement Day.

Benjamin defeats Dreamer at No Way Out.

Shelton Benjamin retains against CM Punk in 2/3 falls match at WM25.

Going along with WWE planned mania matches.

RAW- WM24 - Hardy wins MITB, Triple H pins Cena for the WWE Title.

Backlash - Triple H vs Orton. Cena run-in. Street Fight rematch at the next PPV. Triple H retains all.

RAW DRAFTS - Batista, The Undertaker, Victoria, Kelly Kelly, The Great Khali

Summerslam - Jeff Hardy vs Triple H. Face vs Face. Hardy wins. Triple H turns on him the next week. Rematches.

Orton defeats Jeff Hardy for the title. Orton vs Taker at Survivor Series. Orton kills another legend. Taker retires.

6-Man Elimination WWE Title match at Armageddon. Cena wins.

Cena retains against Triple H at WM 25.

Smackdown - WM24 - Undertaker defeats Edge for the World Title.

END ECW TALENT EXCHANGE THING, BRING BACK CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE

Backlash - Edge defeats Undertaker in a gimmick match for the title.

SMACKDOWN DRAFTS - Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Super Crazy, John Morrison, Carlito

Summerslam - Shawn Michaels defeats Edge for the World title.

John Morrison defeats Shawn Michaels(Edge run-in). Morrison loses to Jericho at Survivor Series.

Edge defeats Jericho at Rumble. Shawn Michaels wins the Rumble.

Edge retains against Shawn Michaels in a Ladder Match at WM 25

ECW - WM 24 - Assuming Chavo retains..

ECW DRAFTS - Kane, Kenny Dykstra, Hardcore Holly, Lance Cade, Val Venis

Chavo loses to CM Punk at Summerslam. Kane(heel) starts year long feud/destroying of Dreamer.

CM Punk loses to Shelton Benjamin.

Benjamin loses to Kane.

Dreamer finally beats Kane at Judgement Day.

Benjamin defeats Dreamer at No Way Out.

Shelton Benjamin retains against CM Punk in 2/3 falls match at WM25.

So all 3 titles are retained at WM25?

yeah, i guess. Benjamin vs Punk doesn't really matter it could go either way. But Cena getting the "tie breaking win" over Triple H (even though Orton was involved at 24) could be a good end to their WM feud. Or don't have Cena lose to Trips at 24, and it could be like a Rock/Austin "you can't beat me at mania" thing. But Edge should go over HBK, as HBK would be on his way out soon.

Guest Diablo_Dor
The key to this is to make it a seduction, like most every "corporate" angle has been. Some older heel tries to catch Jeff's rising star and remake him for some other nefarious purpose. Usually this is Vince, but I'd rather avoid it being actually "corporate".

Maybe get this heel involved in the title picture so it's personal when Hardy wins.

Personally, all this is just an idea, and maybe not even a good one. I just thought of ML2 when the idea of Hardy maturing his look came up. If he grew up some, I'd mark for it - I like reinventions and re-imaginings and characters evolving no matter if its wrestling or anything else.

Why not allow JBL to "seduce" (God thats a bad choice of words with the rumours about JBL's backstage antics) Hardy into his way of thinking, maybe explain how he went from APA badass to Wallstreet Snob in like 1 week.

If you gave Hardy the MITB, which we all expect, and JBL seemingly lining up with Mcmahon he could start by DEMANDING the right to face HArdy for the MITB briefcase at Backlash, and then after Hardy wins, JBL starts to offer him financial advice, going in a slightly tweener mentorial role, trying to get Hardy to tone down his style in, and out of the ring.

This could be in the hope that with a more grounded Hardy JBL believes he would have a better chance at beating him.

This could play over a few months with cameos from Terri Runnels and Michael Hayes and finally Matt Hardy.

Of course knowing the WWE Jeffs push will most likely be completely forgotten about by the end of MAY.

Guest dustinbeaverton

Why not allow JBL to "seduce" (God thats a bad choice of words with the rumours about JBL's backstage antics) Hardy into his way of thinking, maybe explain how he went from APA badass to Wallstreet Snob in like 1 week.

If you gave Hardy the MITB, which we all expect, and JBL seemingly lining up with Mcmahon he could start by DEMANDING the right to face HArdy for the MITB briefcase at Backlash, and then after Hardy wins, JBL starts to offer him financial advice, going in a slightly tweener mentorial role, trying to get Hardy to tone down his style in, and out of the ring.

This could be in the hope that with a more grounded Hardy JBL believes he would have a better chance at beating him.

This could play over a few months with cameos from Terri Runnels and Michael Hayes and finally Matt Hardy.

Of course knowing the WWE Jeffs push will most likely be completely forgotten about by the end of MAY.

First of all, I'm out of the loop... what are the rumors of JBL's backstage antics?

And finally, I like this idea... basically, I like any idea that helps get Hardy a new image. He can even stay a "badass" if he wants, but seriously, it needs to be redone. Maybe have him become friends with CM Punk, and she them going to some hXc concerts, and then Jeffy can lose the the baggy paints and purple hair... maybe give him a buzz cut and pants that fit and change his music to something like the band Every Time I Die or Underoath, and he can start acting really pissed off all the time. I don't care. Something. Anything. I will just be really unhappy if the WWE Chamption still looks like a Hot Topic teeny bopper.

OK, if I'm actually running the company, here's what I'd do.

(Disclaimer: Don't remember the actual PPV schedule right now so the months might not match up perfectly.)

Cena wins at Wrestlemania pinning HHH.

Orton comes out with an injury the next night and says he can't wrestle for up to a month. Cena cuts a cocky opening promo about how he's the champ again, and he's beaten everyone the company has to offer. RVD comes back, interrupts and says he beat him the only time they wrestled one-on-one, challenges him to a title match at Backlash.

Orton gets healthy in time for Backlash, but Regal says the title match is already booked and it's too late for him to get a rematch. He faces HHH at Backlash and loses by DQ.

RVD wins the title cleanly over Cena at Backlash. Defends against HHH the following month, then after 2 months of bitching about how he never got his rematch, Orton faces RVD and RVD beats him cleanly as well. At Summerslam, Jeff Hardy cashes is his MITB shot in a ladder match vs. RVD. RVD wins cleanly. They do a respect angle afterwards and shake hands.

At Unforgiven, Cena faces RVD after not losing cleanly since WM. He hits the FU twice, RVD kicks out each time. Then, he "accidentally" knocks out the ref in a really obvious fashion. RVD hits the spin kick leading into the 5-star while he's distracted. 2nd ref comes out, but too much time has elapsed and Cena kicks out. Cena "accidentally" knocks out the 2nd ref, gets the chain (which he's conveniently started wearing to the ring again), and hits RVD several times. RVD does a massive blade job, Cena hits another F-U, and the 1st ref counts the pinfall for Cena.

In between Unforgiven and Survivor Series, Cena picks up a heel valet. RVD starts tagging with Jeff Hardy in some matches against Cena and heel opponents. At Survivor Series, Cena faces RVD in a no-DQ rematch for the title. RVD goes up for the 5-star when Cena looks to be beat and the valet interferes. RVD kicks her off, but not before Cena gets up. RVD hops down before Cena can attack him. The valet reaches for a chair, but in the meantime, Jeff Hardy runs down to the ring. He takes the chair away from the valet and chases her out of the ring. Then, when RVD regains the upper hand and goes back up for another 5-star this time with a chair on Cena, Hardy cracks RVD with his chair, knocking him off the turnbuckle. Cena gets up, F-Us RVD on the other chair and gets the pinfall.

The next night, RVD comes out and calls out Hardy to ask why he turned on him. Cena comes out instead and says that he took an out an insurance policy on his title. Jeff Hardy signed a contract with him whereby as long as Cena holds on to the title for 6 months, Hardy will receive $1,000,000 and a shot at the title.

Cena starts a stable with Hardy and the valet, adding other new members in what they call the "New Breed". Cena beats HBK and HHH with help from his stable, then after RVD wins the Royal Rumble, he beats him at Wretlemania as well. Just when the 6 months are almost over, Cena faces Mr. Kennedy for the title on an episode of Raw. Mr. Kennedy gets a small package at about the 3:00 mark and wins the title. When Jeff Hardy comes to the ring shocked, Cena gives him an F-U and then shakes hands with Kennedy.

Kennedy drops back the title with a fingerpoke of doom the next week and Cena gets on the mic. He says "unlike you Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy was smart enough to get his money up front". For simply making sure that I regain the title and don't have to pay anything out to you, he's getting $250,000 cold hard cash.

Hardy beats Kennedy at Backlash, and wins a #1 contender's match at JD while Cena faces whatever new and upcoming faces have been developed. Then at Summerslam 2009, Hardy beats Cena cleanly for the title.

Wow, that was long. Guess I got a little out of control there.

So, you want Cena to come back, win the title at WM but lose it clean one month later? Then you want Cena to turn heel, when the current dynamic is going great guns and needs no adjustment? And then you want to recreate the Fingerpoke of Doom, one of the most monumentally retarded angles WCW ever did, just for a one-week title reign?