Sat, Feb. 23

Charlotte @ Washington, 7:00

Indiana @ New Jersey, 7:30

Philadelphia @ Miami, 7:30

Denver @ Milwaukee, 8:30

New Orleans @ San Antonio, 8:30

Atlanta @ Utah, 9:00

LA Lakers @ LA Clippers, 10:30

Lakers have to play the NEW LOOK HAWKS the night before...er...tonight.

That should be a interesting game. Horford pretty much bitchified the Laker front line last time, but I think that was a case of them just having no idea what that kid brings to the table coming in. Plus Kobe is going to try and go for 100 just because of that shit-tastic game he had last time.

so this game will depend on how well Bibby shoots the ball and if acquiring him will get the sand out of Joe Johnsons vagina.

I was listening to Cowherd's show for a sec and heard something about Kupchak trying to make a deal involving Lamar Odom for Caron Butler. Anyone else hear anything about that?

I was listening to Cowherd's show for a sec and heard something about Kupchak trying to make a deal involving Lamar Odom for Caron Butler. Anyone else hear anything about that?

That would make the team better. Although I would find that hilarious.

And I don't think the Wizards would do it. They already have Jamison at the PF position and i don't think Lamar is as effective at the SF.

I still remember arguing with Laker fans about how good Caron Butler was and how stupid it was to get rid of him. He was the Scottie for Kobe's MJ right there and they gave it away for nothing.

And I don't think the Wizards would do it. They already have Jamison at the PF position and i don't think Lamar is as effective at the SF.

I still remember arguing with Laker fans about how good Caron Butler was and how stupid it was to get rid of him. He was the Scottie for Kobe's MJ right there and they gave it away for nothing.

If that trade went through, the Lakers would become THE team to beat rather than one of the teams to beat like they are now.

Sure would be nice to have Caron back. Giving him away for nothing was a gigantic mistake, although one that allowed us to grab Gasol.

93-83 right now with 1:00 left in the 4th with the Rockets over the Cavs.

9th win in a row for us and our push into the playoffs continues.

If that trade went through, the Lakers would become THE team to beat rather than one of the teams to beat like they are now.

Oh please.

I don't see how Butler would be much of an upgrade over Odom, honestly. I would have tried to make one last run at Jason Kidd. It would be a pretty dumb trade for Washington though, since as mentioned Odom plays the same position Jamison does.

So Vince Carter might get traded to the Knicks, with expirings going to New Jersey and Eddy Curry going to Miami. Why the hell wouldn't Isiah just taking the expirings? This trade (if it were for J Dub and Ricky Davis) would get us way under the cap at the end of 2010. But no. Lets trade for Carter and then we can sign Darius Miles for the full MLE. Makes perfect sense.

How do you give up 23 points in an overtime period. For shame, Washington.

Edited by alfdogg

Why the hell wouldn't Isiah just taking the expirings?

Isiah only deals expirings because Isiah believes in Isiah's vision.

The Lakers are destroying the Hawks. The refs have been horrible though. The hawks were down around 41. With good reffing they would have been down 25.

So yeah, they were going to take a ass kicking regardless. The offense looks horrible.

BTW, the Knicks were just two points shy of the all-time record for points in an overtime, set in 1996 by New Jersey against the Clippers. The Nets shot sixty free throws in the game, to just 25 for the Clippers. Jayson Williams went for 28/24.

So Vince Carter might get traded to the Knicks, with expirings going to New Jersey and Eddy Curry going to Miami. Why the hell wouldn't Isiah just taking the expirings? This trade (if it were for J Dub and Ricky Davis) would get us way under the cap at the end of 2010. But no. Lets trade for Carter and then we can sign Darius Miles for the full MLE. Makes perfect sense.

Well, here you go.

WASHINGTON - Apparently Isiah Thomas is giving up the dream of making a run at LeBron James or Kobe Bryant.

Thomas provided a jaw-dropping quote Tuesday when he was asked if his goal is to make trades that would help the Knicks to get under the salary cap.

"That's not our goal," Thomas said. "Our goal is to continue to get better, but be mindful of where we are. We've done a good job the last couple years of bringing the number down.

"So we're in a good position. We've got young talent. We've got a cap that's going down or a number that's going down, but you want to turn that into some wins also."

Really looking forward to tonight's game. Even though it's a back-to-back, the starters didn't have to play for the whole 4th quarter. There are no excuses.

Really looking forward to tonight's game. Even though it's a back-to-back, the starters didn't have to play for the whole 4th quarter. There are no excuses.

hell, they didn't have to play the whole second half if they didn't want to.

Stern needs to make an executive decision and seed the entire playoffs by record this year. I looked at the standings for the first time in a while this morning, and it's stunning that we're on pace to have a 50-win team left at home in the West while three 35-win teams (or WORSE!) are still playing in the East.

Stern needs to make an executive decision and seed the entire playoffs by record this year. I looked at the standings for the first time in a while this morning, and it's stunning that we're on pace to have a 50-win team left at home in the West while three 35-win teams (or WORSE!) are still playing in the East.

I say SO. I don't see why the East should be penalized because there is more parity there.

I personally don't buy that some of the west teams records would be as good if they played in the east. Basketball is about matchups. Some of those damn near 50 win pace teams might just be worse if they changed coast and had to matchup with the more forward heavy East instead of the guard heavy west.

I say SO. I don't see why the East should be penalized because there is more parity there.

Parity? How is there parity? You've got two awesome teams, another very good team, two more pretty good teams, and 10 teams playing like shit (although Washington would be better if healthy). That's not parity, that's just a bunch of teams playing like shit. Parity would be if everyone was around .500.

personally don't buy that some of the west teams records would be as good if they played in the east. Basketball is about matchups. Some of those damn near 50 win pace teams might just be worse if they changed coast and had to matchup with the more forward heavy East instead of the guard heavy west.

Given that the ten playoff contenders in the West have a .679 winning percentage against the East, I kinda doubt that's the case.

The only reason the West has so many good teams is because they had to build them up to combat the likes of Phoenix, Dallas and Los Angeles. Give the East time to realize they have to do something to beat Boston and Detroit, and it'll balance itself out.

edit: I'm a moron for leaving out San Antonio, but yeah the West teams have to consider them as well when putting together a team.

I think part of it is because the great teams out West don't necessarily have to rebuild. The Eastern teams generally have a much shorter shelf life as contenders. Look at New Jersey, Philadelphia, Indiana (the one from around the brawl, not 2000) and Miami. The Western teams that were good in the timespan that those teams could compete still are very good teams today.

The only reason the West has so many good teams is because they had to build them up to combat the likes of Phoenix, Dallas and Los Angeles. Give the East time to realize they have to do something to beat Boston and Detroit, and it'll balance itself out.

edit: I'm a moron for leaving out San Antonio, but yeah the West teams have to consider them as well when putting together a team.

That's a nice theory, except for the fact that the East has been awful since MJ's second retirement. In that period of time you'd think that one or two teams would have been able to build themselves up especially when small marginal upgrades could take you from the lottery to a top 4 team.

Detroit's been the best team in the east for the past five years and no one has really done much to step up and beat them. It's a hell of a lot easier to build up a squad to beat one team (Detroit) than the nine or so in the West. That's why a team like Sacramento is packing it in already when they could be a top team in the east.