TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

Just over a week to go until Wrestlemania, and is anyone else not really buzzed over the thing?

Cena/Orton/HHH - I don't want HHH to win, would be interested if Orton retains, and would prefer to see Cena regain, but even if he does, it's still not something I'm really exited about seeing. And we'll probably get the same match again next month at Backlash.

Big Show vs. Mayweather - I don't care. I just don't care what happens. Maybe if they'd had the sense to have Mayweather play heel from the beginning it would have helped. It'll be a crazy clusterfuck, but the only thing of interest to me in this whole mess is what the finish is and how it helps segue Show into a post-WM program.

Flair vs. HBK - The entire build for this has been underwhelming, and they've managed to botch what should have been one of the easiest angles in the world. Sure, it'll probably be a good-to-great match and likely be the best one of the night, but outside of the promo the two had in-ring on Raw a couple of weeks ago, there's been nothing about the storyline that you've been able to sink your teeth into.

Edge vs. Undertaker - Streak (sort of) vs. Streak should have been easy to write and something that people could have easily got into. But it's the same old Undertaker vs. Heel of the Month stuff, with Undertaker scaring the heel who cowers off like a chicken.

This is one PPV that'll be downloaded the next morning.

I disagree. I'm really excited for the show. Every match has the potential to be really good, and it sounds like it's going to be a fun show. I've really enjoyed the Flair-HBK feud and am interested in what they do with Show v. Mayweather

The only match I'm dreading is Taker v. Edge, since I hate the Undertaker, and don't want to see him win again.

Count me in the "not feeling excited" camp.

I just can't get into the 3 way match at all. It really annoys me that this is where we are with the main event.

I like Taker...but I don't fancy seeing Edge lose either.

Show/Mayweather is interesting enough.

I really don't want to see HBK win. But the match should be as good as Flair can possibly go.

The rest of the card is solidish...I just don't feel like I NEED to see it.

I don't think Cena is regaining, I think he has the 12 round film to do, and won't be around that much. I'd like Orton to retain, but Triple H as Champion would be fun also. The thing about this match is I really don’t know who's winning, and I've liked the whole story from The Rumble to now, I hated that The Rumble's legitimacy was kind of ruining to boost the buy rates for NWO (Which was a awesome show), but where they've been doing with it since No Way Out has been great to me.

I'm not really feeling Edge/Taker; this is mostly Edge's fault. He doesn't seem like himself, it comes off like he knows he's losing, so he's not putting much effort in to building to the match. I can understand his frustration, but he should still want to give his best going in to this thing. He can still come out looking like gold with a loss to Taker, like Batista did last year. Edge has an awesome character, so adding to Taker's streak doesn't really hurt him. With that said, I feel this will be match of night.

Mayweather/Show-This is going to be boss. It's going to have a hot crowd, 50 cent is going to be out there, Floyd is going to be a prick, and Show is going to be a prick, so I see nothing but greatness coming out of this. .

Finlay/JBL-Show stealer, I have no doubt that this is going to be a very entertaining brawl. I like that they haven't let JBL and Finlay have any physical confrontation yet. That makes it even better when they finally meet up at mania.

MITB: I think this has the potential to be the best one yet, no doubt in my mind that Shelton, Morrison, and Punk are going to do some off the wall spots on those ladders, Now that Jeff isn’t in the match it gives this match the unpredictability that it needs to be special. I see Jericho winning, but I won't be surprised if they went with Porter

Flair/HBK; I really wish HBK could've went heel for a few weeks, but it isn't really needed for this match to be good. This might also steal the show; I think Flair is going to put on one more classic.

I expect Chavo/Colin after the battle royal, with Colin getting the surprise upset. It'd be a feel good mania moment, and could lead to a few things. Maybe a Dreamer Heel turn, A funny chase to regain the title by Chavo, or it might just lead too Henry, BDV, Khali, or Kane squashing him and taking the title. It'd be a transitional run if he gets it, that's for certain.

Edge ending the streak would make this my favourite Wrestlemania ever- I don't think I would ever mark out harder.

I also hope Finlay v. JBL is a good match, JBL's been awful since his return. Well, he was never that good anyway, but he's been worse. Hopefully Finlay can coax a good match out of him

Mayweather/Show-This is going to be boss. It's going to have a hot crowd, 50 cent is going to be out there, Floyd is going to be a prick, and Show is going to be a prick, so I see nothing but greatness coming out of this. I see Jericho winning, but I won't be surprised if they went with Porter.

What?

While plans can, and will change, if only one things is a virtual lock, it's Undertaking winning.

The main event? It probably is Hunter's 'turn' to win, and at least it'll give them five months to build to Cena regaining at Summerslam, which I would guess is when he gets the belt back.

Mayweather/Show-This is going to be boss. It's going to have a hot crowd, 50 cent is going to be out there, Floyd is going to be a prick, and Show is going to be a prick, so I see nothing but greatness coming out of this. I see Jericho winning, but I won't be surprised if they went with Porter.

What?

I've liked the build so far, and I think it is going to be very entertaining. Floyd is my favorite boxer, Show is one of my favorite wrestlers, and 50 cent is one of my favorite rappers. I think the crowd is going to be hot, I think they're going too boo the hell out of Floyd and 50, I think they're going to be pulling for Show in a huge way. So this is really the match that I'm looking forward too, I think it's going have a great atmosphere.

Both Show and Mayweather have been pricks going in to this, so I believe they're going to be bigger prick during the match.

JBL has always been pretty awesome too me.

Least surprising post of the day

That's cool.

While plans can, and will change, if only one things is a virtual lock, it's Undertaking winning.

The main event? It probably is Hunter's 'turn' to win, and at least it'll give them five months to build to Cena regaining at Summerslam, which I would guess is when he gets the belt back.

I wish they would just end his streak already, it's getting tiring.

I wish they would just end his streak already, it's getting tiring.

If they were going to end it, it should've been at Wrestlemania 21 against Orton...

If Orton wasn't injured and going to be out for 4 months I'd agree, but you can't have Orton end the streak and just disappear.

I still was rooting hard for Orton that night, like I root for all of Taker's opponents at WM

Really when it comes down to it though, it has to be the right person to do it... Someone who will benefit from it.

It shouldn't be established main eventers like Edge or John Cena...

Actually thinking about it, I think it would be very cool if Kane ended it. It actually would make sense aswell.

It probably should be John Cena. It's a nice thought to give a wrestler a rub, but if that wrestler tanks or flakes, you've lost what could have been a great moment. What if they had used Andre to put over, say, Billy Jack Haynes at Wrestlemania III? I think the best thing to do is use the streak to build a legitimate big main event.

Man I just realized why I have no interest in Edge/Taker... Edge has the worst build to being a Taker Mania opponent in a LLLLLLLOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time. Orton at least seemed like he had an outside chance of winning, Batista was built as an equal to Taker, Henry was built as at least a challenge for him. But Edge? It just seems like there's no shot of him winning, or even losing in a DQ fashion and keeping the belt.

Here is one thing about RVD that the crowd accusing him of being a bad worker never bother to answer: If the guy is such crap, why is it that he seemingly had the match of the night on virtually every Raw in 2001-02? Why is it even with the hugely babyface hating crowd in WM in Chicago RVD was one of the most over guys on the show?

Why does every match have to "tell a story" or have great psychology? Hell, most of the story driven matches are a result of the bookers, not the actual wrestlers. If Van Dam had a history of forgetting key moments of booking in a match or not conveying what the booker wanted, I can see this point. The only real weakness with psychology RVD has is when someone works his legs, since he has to use his legs to do a lot of moves.

And with a limited moveset ( WWE style)

Really when it comes down to it though, it has to be the right person to do it... Someone who will benefit from it.

Actually thinking about it, I think it would be very cool if Kane ended it. It actually would make sense aswell.

Isn't that contradictory? It's not going to do anything for Kane, and at this point in Kane's career, it doesn't do anything for the company.

I find it amusing that "the right guy" has to end Undertaker's 15-nonconsecutive-year streak, and yet a 40+ year old with a bad back is ending Ric Flair's 30+ year career and nobody thinks twice.

If I had to do it, I'd give it to MVP (would have been Kennedy if he wasn't such a fuckup; man how many storylines can that guy blow?) after he low-blows Flair behind the ref's back and rolls him up (maybe even grabbing the tights while he's at it). Flair then puts over how MVP out-dirtied the dirtiest player in the game, and deserved the win and subsequently the honor of being the final opponent in Flair's career.

Isn't that contradictory? It's not going to do anything for Kane, and at this point in Kane's career, it doesn't do anything for the company.

But at the same time, in kayfabe it make sense for Kane to end, because he's Takers "bro", and he's 0-2 against Taker at WM... Maybe it's just because I'm a mark for Kane.

You ban PongKong, but let people like goldengreek continue to post?

What did I do?

Dissagree with you ?

Did i swear ?

No, you just can't make more than one post. Put everything you have to say in one post. Don't post three times in a row.

Why was Pongkong banned? Was that answered?

As for Show/Mayweather - I really don't care. I don't care for boxing anyways but thats besides the point. In a "David vs Goliath" fued, the smaller guy should be the face. I know they tried that and it backfired and IMO it ruined the fued. Because now we're all routing for the big guy.

All this talk of ending Taker's streak, I still don't buy that it's going to put anyone over for long. You'll get the big reaction at WrestleMania and a boost for a month or so afterwards. But after that, it's progressively going to mean less and less, to the point where the guy becomes the next Chris "1st Undisputed Champion" Jericho, where they just say "I'm the guy who ended The Undertaker's streak!" week after week, to less and less reaction... unless the follow-up is booked well. Ending Taker's streak alone isn't going to 'make' anybody.

As far as WrestleMania goes, am I the only one expecting Batista/Umaga to be the sleeper match? I just re-watched Batista/MVP NHB from Smackdown a couple of weeks ago and it was such a great match. Batista, with the right opponent, is capable of a great match.