TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

WWE General Discussion - March 2008

TNA should rent a blimp to go over the stadium during WM.

Probably not a good idea in this era to fly a renegade airship out over a major outdoor event.

Geico last year rented a small plane to fly a banner advertisement over both a Phillies game and the Pennsylvania 500. Obviously it's legal to some extent. The problem is that they would receive no national exposure from it, it would never make the air.

These are the worst WrestleMania rankings I've ever seen. I doubt they know any better so I think they deserve a pass.

WrestleMania Rankings

From the Orlando Sentinel

It really looked like they were just trying to show recognizable pictures from the last few years.

TNA should rent a blimp to go over the stadium during WM.

Probably not a good idea in this era to fly a renegade airship out over a major outdoor event.

Geico last year rented a small plane to fly a banner advertisement over both a Phillies game and the Pennsylvania 500. Obviously it's legal to some extent. The problem is that they would receive no national exposure from it, it would never make the air.

That's pretty much it. It would be better if TNA thought smaller and would have their street team canvas the parking lot.

They better get working on that roof that they are supposedly building over the ring. I know that for my college graduation they built a small, temporary roof over the field and it took construction workers more than a week to get it up (and it was much simpler than the one that is supposedly going up for Mania).

I wonder if they also are worried about a vocal mob of TNA fans since they are in Orlando.

I don't think that there are enough TNA fans out there to get a noticeable vocal reaction.

Considering there was a very audible "TNA" chant during the Rosie vs. Trump mock match on Raw from wherever it was from...I think there's enough to be audible in their hometown in a theater.

I mean...product aside...they do get over a million viewers.

That Raw was in St. Louis, MO. TNA responded by doing a PPV in St. Louis later in the year.

I can't believe those rankings. Who in their right mind would put WM VII and VIII in the bottom 5? Those are 2 of my favorite shows of all time. For all the bashing of Slaughter doing the Iraq gimmick, the actual match with Hogan was in fact pretty good. And Macho/Warrior is an all time classic. Not to mention the Rockers vs. Barbarian/Haku, Harts vs. Nastys, etc.

I can't believe those rankings. Who in their right mind would put WM VII and VIII in the bottom 5? Those are 2 of my favorite shows of all time. For all the bashing of Slaughter doing the Iraq gimmick, the actual match with Hogan was in fact pretty good. And Macho/Warrior is an all time classic. Not to mention the Rockers vs. Barbarian/Haku, Harts vs. Nastys, etc.

People that don't know any better...

I'm surprised Wrestlemania X is ranked that low. I thought that show was universally loved?

I'm surprised Wrestlemania X is ranked that low. I thought that show was universally loved?

By internet fans, yes... by people who consider the top 10 Wrestlemanias (III excluded) as to have happened in roughly the past ten years, not so much.

My top 5:

Wrestlemania VIII

Wrestlemania X-7

Wrestlemania X

Wrestlemania III

Wrestlemania XIV (And that's debatable)

After that, it's up in the air.

Wrestlemania X8 just seems so forgettable to me. Its essentially a one match card (and Hogan/Rock, atmosphere or not, I never liked as much as others. Probably because I wanted to see Austin/Hogan at the time) and the nature of most of the other matches just seems so blah or thrown together (shampoo commercial issues anyone). Taker/Flair is good due to those involved, but otherwise the whole thing feels like it can be missed.

22 didn't do much for me either. Mickie/Trish is great and MITB II has Shelton stealing the show as usual, but outside of those and a fun Foley/Edge brawl nothing else seemed that impressive.

Well, WM XXII had such a mediocre main event scene on it. In particular SD was utter trash with a placeholder champ (Angle), and the real issue between two guys feuding over a dead man. On Raw we had HHH making fun of Cena for being a crap wrestler. Still though, it's a very good WM with Edge/Foley tearing it up, RVD winning MITB (and yes, Shelton was raw in it), etc.

In fact XXI had the same problems....really hot undercard, uninspiring main events. The first MITB, Angle/HBK, and so on while you had a whatever HHH/Batista main event and a really crap Cena/JBL SD title match.

Ron Killings worked a dark match last night at Raw, defeating Paul London. It was his first match in WWE since getting released in 2001. Killings worked under his real name and as a heel.

Guest frostdude1

I've been watching Wrestlemania since 1998 like many people that joined in during the attitude era and I would rank the top 5 like this:

X7

XIV

X8

X9

Former WCW wrestler Chase Tatum died on Sunday afternoon after an apparent accidental overdose, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Chase was recovering from back surgery 10 days earlier to repair a degenerative disc. His body was found by a friend at his Buckhead, Ga. home around 4:00 p.m. The report indicates he was unresponsive and could not be revived.

Chase's father, Roy, said he had a painkiller addiction for several years following his short career in WCW. "He was in the process of getting his life back together," Roy said. "He was confident he was going to turn things around, to live a normal life again without those painkillers."

Chase retired from the ring after a brief 2 1/2 year career when severe back problems limited his movement. Without health insurance, he was unable to pay for surgery, which his father claims led to his dependency on pain killers.

He was recently in the comedy movie, "Who's your Caddy?" and just landed a role in a movie to be filmed in New York.

===========

FYI, Tatum debuted for WCW in 1999 as a member of Master P's "No Limit Soldiers". Once that fizzled, they tried using him as a singles heel, but he didn't pan out. I think he was gone when WCW started budget cuts in fall 1999.

What up Mach!! Lookin' good, one more run!

Holy shit he looks like he's pushin 80...........seriously......

Is he doin karaoke in that first pic or WTF, weird.

I think he's a rapper. I know he has at least that one album out.

I think he's a rapper. I know he has at least that one album out.

who could forget "Be A Man" off the album

feat. DJ Kool

[iNTRO]

Huh Hulk Hogan, Hollywood Hulkster

ahatever they call you, I'm comin after you, you coward

[VERSE I]

Hot diggity damn Hulk I'm glad you set it off (set if off)

Used to be hard Hulk now ya done turned soft

Doin' telephone commercials I seen ya

Dancin' in tights as a ballerina

I knew all along you had those tendencies

Cuz you've been runnin' from Macho like I got a disease

Dude please your pay per view event was a joke

You're avoidin' Randy Savage cuz you know you'll get smoked

Come on that phony fight the Rock spanked you fast

But when I challenged Hogan to a real fight he passed

I called him out but the punk was scared to go

It was a charity event but the Hulk didn't show

Hollywood Hulkster you're at the end of your rope

And I'm a kick ya in the BUTT and wash your mouth out with soap

Cuz like Rodney Dangerfield you gets' no respect

So come on Hulk let's wreck so I can put you in check

[CHORUS]

Be a man Hulk Come on don't be scared

Your runnin' from Macho that's what I heard

Be a man Hogan Come on don't be a chump

I never thought Hulk would go out like a punk

Be a man Hulk Come on don't be scared

You're runnin' from Macho that's what I heard

Be a man Hogan Boy you's a chump

Cuz Hulk Hogan is a real big punk

[VERSE II]

They call you Hollywood (hugh hugh) don't make me laugh

Cuz your movies and your actin' skills are both trash

Your movies straight to video the box office can't stand

While I got myself a feature role in Spider Man

Ya hidin' man but when I find you it's on

And when I slam ya to the dirt you'll wish you's never born

I smell a coward mmmm is that you Hogan

Macho's gonna kick ya BUTT is the slogan

You try to ignore me thinkin' I'll go away

But I'm a keep on messin' wit ya dude day after day

And once you step to Macho you're through

The joke's on you so Hulk what you gonna do

Probably nothing cuz you're a real big punk

You called my dad up on the phone man you's a chump

Cuz if you really got static take it up with me

And I'll punk ya BUTT out for the world to see

[CHORUS] 2X

I read that he Killings was going to be called "Kwik Killings" now that would be horrid. Killings could be a solid upper card guy on Raw because of his mic ability, and is good enough in the ring.

I don't know about that. I always thought he had good in ring ability, but is mic skills left something to be desired. I found it hard to understand what he was saying sometimes with his accent. I'm not saying that just because you have an accent you can't get a push, but it's hard to understand him sometimes.

I read that he Killings was going to be called "Kwik Killings" now that would be horrid. Killings could be a solid upper card guy on Raw because of his mic ability, and is good enough in the ring.

Uh... *I* suggested he be called Kwik Killings, when we were discussing on here how we could bring him back in with an emo gimmick. Since 'Kwik' played off his former name, and 'Killings' just sounds emo, and the combination could be a Billy Talent song or something. So he was going to be doing a gimmick where he was angry and crying because he was holding himself down.

Seriously, if you read that name anywhere else I'm REALLY worried.

...fuck. I swear we came up with that name. I guess if they wanted to rehash it there were only so many options but I never thought they'd go for something so shit.

...fuck. I swear we came up with that name. I guess if they wanted to rehash it there were only so many options but I never thought they'd go for something so shit.

Oh I know you did that and all, but I was just saying it happened in reality as well.