TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

My Mom had a stroke

So I just found out my mom had a stroke, they also found bleeding on her brain. I have no idea where they are sending her(the hospital in my home town isn't equiped to handle it.

Since they are either going to send her to Birmingham or Dothan, I can't even leave here yet because they are in two different directions and I wouldn't really be going anywhere yet.

I have been trying to call anyone around me because I have to go home, I don't know how long, and my cats need to be fed. I know, maybe you are saying they should be the least of my worries, but I love them and they are in my worries too.

So basically I have to wait. Just sit here and fucking wait and I could either keep pacing a hole in my floor or sit here and vent it out.

If you believe in any god, pray to him/her now. If you don't, then wish her good luck or what ever athiest do.

Edit: I just read that and it might come off as a shot at atheist, but it really wasn't. Sorry if it came off that way.

I have typed at least 15 post and then deleted them in the last few minutes. Just typing shit and thinking about posting it is helping do something. But this fucking clock just is sitting still. I feel like I have been waiting for hours and its been like 2 fucking minutes

I just spoke to her and she can hardly speak. She kept repeating the same thing over and over. I couldn't hold it together for her and that is just killing me that I couldn't have one conversation with her and not be crying all over the fucking phone.

That sucks Rip... this might sound odd, but what's your mom's first name? I'm religious, but I'd feel weird about praying for Ripper from TSM's Mom.

I feel bad for you. I work at a hospital that deals with a lot of patients that have suffered strokes. Sometimes they can get back to normal and sometimes they end up a completely different person. Hopefully its the former instead of the later with her.

That sucks Rip... this might sound odd, but what's your mom's first name? I'm religious, but I'd feel weird about praying for Ripper from TSM's Mom.

Glennie

I'm sorry man. I've been through a stroke with my Dad, it took away his ability to speak normal and now he has a slight studder. I hope she ends up being ok and recovers fully. I'll keep her in my thoughts of course.

I'm sorry Ripper, and while I'm not reglious, I will pray and hope for the best for you and your mom. I wish I could know what you are going through to maybe give you some advice, but I don't know what you are going through currently but one thing that is good is that you are there with her right now.

A few years ago my dad had a stroke and I had to find out a few days after it took place. He lives in WA while I live in CA and I felt so helpless after it happen and I was lucky he was ok as I felt horrible being so far away. You being by her side as much as possible is a good thing.

I seriously wish your mother a safe and speedy recovery so things will be back to normal for you Ripper.

I'm sorry Ripper, my father had a bad heart attack a few years ago so I know how hard it is for you. Keep your head up

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Weird. Commercial was just on TV talking about the racial disparity in strokes. All the best, of course.

Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear about this. My grandfather had a stroke about four years ago, it's left him pretty much incapable to do anything.

Oh shit, I'm sorry to hear about this. My grandfather had a stroke about four years ago, it's left him pretty much incapable to do anything.

Actually yeah, I take back what I said earlier. The last stroke that my grandpa had, left him crippled, before he passed away. But he had 2 or 3 in previous years that he recovered fine from.

Best wishes Ripper. My aunt had a stroke last year, so I hope things turn out for the best.

Well, as a update:

I got to her in Dothan Alabama on that Sunday and besides not being able to move her left side and a little slurred speech, she was fine, making jokes...just doing well.

So I stayed with her a few days, ran back to Atlanta to make sure the cats were okay and to pay my rent(i forgot to leave a check)

I left on Tuesday evening and got back Wed evening and by then, she was pretty bad. By thursday morning she was pretty horrible. She couldn't open her eyes, didn't really know where she was and was just getting worse.

They had to go in and remove a clot from her brain and she had surgery yesterday. She came out pretty much how she was the first day that she was here, although I am starting to notice her regress a little, but hopefully thats just because of it being so close to the surgery.

Plus, she had a crew of lazy fat bitches in the CCU this morning that didn't help her while she was screaming for them. I had gone to get some food and came back through the doors and heard her at which point they decided to get off their asses and come give her some help. So now she thinks that none of the nurses will help her and that me or my sister has to be here all the time for her to be okay. She has been begging me not to leave her alone.

I can say with no exaggeration that I have had 12 hours of sleep in the last week, and I am starting to feel like Ed Nortons character at the start of fight club. Everything is all floaty and I can't really sleep even if I try. I might head back to Atlanta for a day or so tommorrow and take something to help me get some sleep then. Everytime I try now, a few minutes later, I for some reason get the feeling that I am driving and have to wake up.

Okay, I am rambling. But she is doing maybe a little worse than she was when I first saw her now, but tommorrow, I think, will be a good determining factor on how she is doing for me at least.

It has just come to my attention that it is Sunday, and not Saturday. I lost a day somewhere!

My grandad just had another stroke, oh shit. After the effects of his last one (slurred speech, limited mobility, weight loss) I hope that they won't repeat themselves.

Naw, that shit bugged me out too, kkk.

Ripper, many condolences. My grandma, who's my other mother to me, has been diabetic for like 15 years now, and it's crazy goin through the hospital stays, and worrying and pacing, and anxiety.... and seeing them laid up like that is some shit i wish on nobody.

I feel your pain brother. The last 5 days i've been staying with my grandma because her sugar was going up and down like crazy, 80 to 280, to 35 to 170 to 260 to 78... shit is hard times.

I'll say a prayer for your moms tonight when I pray for my family members.

Keep ya head up, homie.

Having had a pretty shitty month myself and turning to this board to vent, I feel your pain. The unknown is a scary thing. I am terribly sorry to hear that your Mom had a stroke. Hopefully things will get better. Having shitty people at the hospital just compounds an already tough time. Just try and be strong! Here is hoping you receive the strength that you need.