TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread, March 2008

In time for tomorrow night's back end of the home-and-home, no less.

He's travelling with the team, but he's not suiting up.

Komisarek is a go for Saturday's game.

Interesting changes in the standings. Philly moves ahead into 7th with their shootout win tonight.

With a lead late in the third, looks like Toronto wil move to five back of Boston for eighth. This negates the ground Buffalo would have gained with a point. Instead, they go from one to two back, and Washington also loses ground, assuming Atlanta hangs on.

Edit: The Isles win over the Devils, which drops New Jersey to fourth and moves Pittsburgh into second; Why is that? They both have identical records. I noticed that New Jersey had fewer goals, and it looked like, from a glance, Pittsburgh had a better goal differential. Is that what determines positioning in a tie? Or head-to-head results?

Gomez went flying into the boards and left the game with a shoulder injury. If its a big injury the Rangers are DONE.

Separated shoulder is the early word.

Well if thats true it can't be that bad. From watching others with that injury, its basically impossible to move after it happens because the pains so bad. Gomex was in pain but he got up and was able to skate to the bench. But if its bad, Rangers are done. It was terrible it became the Czech show and they all decided to give a shit once Gomez left.

And again, someone got hurt because of the stupid touch icing call. Luckily for Kurtis Foster of the Wild, he had a broken femur, but it could have been much worse.

And says Bob McKenzie, roughly 2/3 of GM's don't want no-touch icing. Granted, I have nowhere near the hockey knowledge of any of them, but it's time to insititute NTI. The neckguard-rule suggestion that was tossed around after Zednik's horrific injury was fairly knee-jerk, and Zednik was a fluke (not that I'd be opposed to the introduction of neck guards). But the type of injuries like we saw on Wednesday are not one-of-a-kind, and not all that rare - it's time to bring it in.

Apparently there is a hybrid icing rule that is in the USHL. I believe if there is no challenge to the puck, the ref will blow the whistle once the defenceman touches the puck. If there is a rush to the puck, it is automatically called icing. Also if say the puck went into the corner for an icing and the offence is clearly going for the puck while there is no defencemen around him, it will not be called icing.

Can someone explain to me, as I do my ProLine homework, why I'm struggling with the thought of picking a Leafs-Sens winner? No Sundin, and the Leafs play on back-to-back nights?

CC, ball's clearly in your court.

I don't think it should be much of a struggle. Sens SHOULD win this one easily. Like you said, the Leafs don't have Sundin, and the Sens can actually score goals and, on a good night, play decent defence.

Good gamer of pickup hockey at Rexall. The Oilers started the third with a 4-1 lead, routinely capitalizing on lazy defence by the Avs. Colorado stormed back to tie it by the four-minute mark of the third, and Edmonton just took it again. Marc Pouliot with his first of the year.

That game almost gave me a heart attack. I am pleasantly suprised the Oilers are 3 points back of a playoff spot considering they have lost over 300 man games this year due to injury. If (and thats a big if) the Oilers made the playoffs, Craig Mactavish should be looked at as a candidate for Coach of the Year with all the injuries to overcome and a very young lineup. I'd still give coach of the year to Bruce Boudreau or Guy Carbonneau

That game almost gave me a heart attack. I am pleasantly suprised the Oilers are 3 points back of a playoff spot considering they have lost over 300 man games this year due to injury. If (and thats a big if) the Oilers made the playoffs, Craig Mactavish should be looked at as a candidate for Coach of the Year with all the injuries to overcome and a very young lineup. I'd still give coach of the year to Bruce Boudreau.

If Montreal wins their division, Guy Carbonneau is an easy lock for the Jack Adams trophy.

Thats the only three coaches I'd see getting nominated. I think MacT will win coach of the year if Edmonton makes the playoffs.

That was a fun game, reminded me a lot of the last game of last season against Montreal. Unfortunately, the Habs couldn't hold up their end of the bargain as Boston's going to get at least a point.

That was a fun game, reminded me a lot of the last game of last season against Montreal. Unfortunately, the Habs couldn't hold up their end of the bargain as Boston's going to get at least a point.

But thank you Toronto for holding back Ottawa.

Hopefully Montreal will take him, we need another solid defenceman, and hopefully this will force out Boullion.

Redden's days of being a solid defenceman appear to be behind him.

Redden > Boullion.