TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Classics OnDemand General Discussion

Has anyone noticed that the times (lengths) listed for the Flair promos in the Shorties section are really off? I watched a bunch of them last night, and while the majority of them are listed as lasting 4 min, most of them end at around 2 or 2.5 min. The one from 81 is listed at 6 min and ends after 2 or 3 min! [insert Hurricane catchphrase here]

I stuffed the ballot for Survivor Series 92. Well, not really, but I think I voted for it once a day or so. I haven't seen it in years and while the undercard kinda stinks, it should be fun to see the two main events.

Thank you. So did I, if only because I rented the VHS tape years ago as a kid and preceded to pay absolutely no attention to it.

I think Halloween Havoc 92 aired last year as well. I have all three of those shows so I'm not voting. I want them to play Havoc 93 so I can get a good copy of Vader/Jack and the bizarre Tony Schiavone turns into a werewolf skit.

Is WCCW going to be shown more frequently? They were updating pretty frequently not too long ago, but it's been months since I have seen a WCCW show (notwithstanding the Flair themed show.)

Watched Mid-Atlantic today. I wish they had more of it on, because it was probably the best wrestling territory wrestling-wise of its era. You had a prime Flair, Steamboat, Valentine, Piper, etc. It features non-stop wrestling and even the squashes are competative.

The highlight of today's show was Flair and Valentine teaming up and Flair's mic work. We also get to see Roddy Piper cut another coked up promo where he shows the rather grusome damage Flair and Valentine did to his face. That incident was shown on the original Flair DVD.

The Crockett area enjoyed the angle of rubbing a guy's face against the ground, didn't they? That 1982 Piper angle and of course the 1986 Horsemen attack on Ricky Morton. From watching that show it was quite amusing that even as far back as 1982 Flair ranted about Dusty in interviews. Although I guess in this case he was still gloating about beating him for the title.

Yeah, that was a big one. And that goes even further back...Flair did it to Steamboat in 77 or 78. I guess when you have a successful storyline, you keep using it every couple of years.

Read about it in Flair's book...what they did to make Steamboat's face look bad. It involved rubbing sand paper over his cut. Ugh!

I don't know how many people besides me and 10 Pounds watch the preview show, but it is a MUST WATCH for what happens 4 minutes in.

I watch it whenever I find it. Does anyone know what category its under for Comcast?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. It just hasn't been updated for the month, along with the rest of my 24/7 material.

Sunflower was updated...highlights of the schedule

Survivor Series 1992 should be up on Friday

Legends of Wrestling roundtable will be up next week, so yay!

AWA SuperClash 1985 is the other Big One, not too surprised by that, seeing as it took place at Comiskey. Fits with the theme and all.

They're showing the HHH DVD

I'm sure this has been answered on this board...but I'm short on time and a quick google search yielded no results. How much does it cost to suscribe to WWE Classics On Demand?

It does vary by provider. It's $10 in Canada.

I was trying to figure out what Sting vs. Hogan or Foley vs. Orton had to do with anything, then I realized baseball bats were involved.

Sunflower was updated...highlights of the schedule

Survivor Series 1992 should be up on Friday

Legends of Wrestling roundtable will be up next week, so yay!

AWA SuperClash 1985 is the other Big One, not too surprised by that, seeing as it took place at Comiskey. Fits with the theme and all.

They're showing the HHH DVD

I missed the AWA show the first time around, really looking forward to seeing it and getting a copy. The HHH dvd is good, as it's a rare one that I did not buy.

Yankees at MSG. Any clue about this one?

I found it amusing that Flair/Magnum was the main event of that AWA show. What does that say about Gagne's faith in his own top guys like Martel and Hansen? Though to be fair that match has an inconclusive finish, and was a fun brawl while it lasted.

I found it amusing that Flair/Magnum was the main event of that AWA show. What does that say about Gagne's faith in his own top guys like Martel and Hansen? Though to be fair that match has an inconclusive finish, and was a fun brawl while it lasted.

AWA and Jim Crockett had a loose working agreement around that time. Besides that, I think if you are going to book Martel/Hansen to be a short match, you can't make it the main.

I intend to ask this question later but might as well now. Did any other wrestling show have as many Hall of Famers?

The price does depend on the provider. I am with Cox Communications, and it only costs $6.99 here.

TODAY (9/9) IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:

TV Classics

-- History of ECW 5/28/96

-- Flair: Mid-Atlantic 12/8/82

-- WWE Prime Time 11/12/87

The Big Ones

WWE Judgment Day '08

Shorties

Ric Flair 1/3/87

Ric Flair 1/31/00

Ric Flair 4/6/85

Ric Flair 5/19/97

Ric Flair 6/22/85

Ric Flair 7/18/93

Ric Flair 9/22/92

Ric Flair 9/81

Ric Flair 11/5/84

Ric Flair 11/5/88

Legends

Stone Cold Legacy: Part 5

Stone Cold Legacy: Part 6

In 2007 it was Tag Teams and in 2008 it was Big Bangs and Dazzling Debuts (a Raw 15th Anniversary celebration). A Rumble usually is one of the Big Ones and, at the very least, one of them is in the PYBO voting.

In 2007 it was Tag Teams and in 2008 it was Big Bangs and Dazzling Debuts (a Raw 15th Anniversary celebration). A Rumble usually is one of the Big Ones and, at the very least, one of them is in the PYBO voting.

They did the Rumble theme in 2006...they showed a lot of Rumble matches, only skipping a few here and there,

NOVEMBER 2008: THE INNOVATORS

All November, WWE 24/7 Classics presents “The Innovators” – a look at the groundbreaking Superstars, supercards and television creations that have revolutionized sports entertainment throughout the years.

Legends

Hall of Fame: Superstar Billy Graham – When Superstar Billy Graham exploded on the wrestling scene in the 1970s, nobody had ever seen a performer with his impressive combination of bodybuilder’s physique, ring ability and swagger on the microphone. Follow the Superstar’s revolutionary and controversial career, from early days in the AWA to the WWWF Championship. The retrospective includes Graham’s 2004 WWE Hall of Fame Induction and classic battles versus legends including Bruno Sammartino, Bob Backlund, Mil Mascaras and the “American Dream” Dusty Rhodes.

Legends of Wrestling: Most Important Moments – The Legends of Wrestling are back for a brand-new episode. Mick Foley, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair, Jim Ross and Tazz join Hall of Fame host Gene Okerlund for a no-holds-barred, roundtable discussion of the most important moments in sports entertainment history. The sparks are sure to fly when the Legends debate historic moments including the end of the wrestling territories, Hulkamania, the WWE’s Attitude Era and more.

The Big Ones

The Essential Starrcade – Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of wrestling’s original mega-event. The Essential Starrcade, presented as a 5-part series, counts down the Top 25 Matches in the history of the NWA/WCWs yearly spectacular. Relive the incredible action, featuring all-time great Superstars including Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Hulk Hogan, the Road Warriors and Eddie Guerrero.

Survivor Series – Get ready for this year’s Survivor Series with a look at (2) memorable classics. Survivor Series debuts in 1987, with tremendous teams captained by WWE Champion Hulk Hogan, “8th Wonder of the World” Andre the Giant, “Macho Man” Randy Savage and more. Then in 1991, Hulk Hogan defends the WWE Championship against the Undertaker. Plus, classic Survivor Series Matches feature Ric Flair, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Bret “Hitman” Hart and Shawn Michaels.

TV Classics

The Monday Night War – WWE continues to battle WCW in the fight for sports entertainment supremacy with (2) head-to-head matchups from October 1997. The Attitude Era is in full swing with Shawn Michaels, Triple H and the rest of D-Generation X riling things up on Raw. Match highlights include Bret “Hitman” Hart defending the WWE Championship versus Ken Shamrock. On Nitro, the battle between the nWo and WCW continues with matches including “Nature Boy” Ric Flair vs “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Scott Steiner vs Scott Hall.

Shorties

“I Want My MizTV!” – WWE Superstar, The Miz, brings you a look at the evolution of music videos in the world of sports entertainment. From early, ‘80s videos featuring The Fabulous Freebirds, Road Warriors and Hulk Hogan, to later, big budget productions starring The Rock, Rey Mysterio and John Cena, the Miz provides his unique perspective on these classic, and not-so-classic, musical creations.

Survivor Series 1991 is another show I haven't watched in a LONG time. It isn't that good though.

Survivor Series '87 I think is an underrated show. The main event is good with Bam Bam fighting the odds. The ten man tag match is a lot of fun. And the womens' match becomes a showcase for the Jumping Bomb Angels.

What's up with the audio mix on some of the matches on the HHH feature? The KOTR final against Mankind is especially weird; you can barely hear the crowd and there's big gaps in the commentary that leads me to believe some was edited out, but only JR and Vince are commentating, so it makes no sense.

RE: Survivor Series '91. Ric Flair/The Mountie/Ted DiBiase/The Warlord Vs Roddy Piper/Bret Hart/Virgil/Davey Boy Smith is probably the only good match on that show and it has an awful finish. Unfortunately, it's also the opening match so it's all downhill after it. Though I guess The Undertaker/Hogan is interesting for historic purposes.

Survivor Series '87 (along with Survivor Series '88) is one of the few old school PPVs I can't say I've ever seen. For some reason, I could never find those two in any of the video stores in the Greater Portland area. Only match I've seen is the main event which is good if you like Bam Bam Bigelow and Hulk Hogan bodyslamming fat people Another mildly interesting fact about the show; first PPV that ends with a heel going over in the main event.

The music videos for the shorties are a nice touch. The Starrcade matches and the Legends Roundtable should be interesting as well.

Survivor Series '87 (along with Survivor Series '88) is one of the few old school PPVs I can't say I've ever seen. For some reason, I could never find those two in any of the video stores in the Greater Portland area. Only match I've seen is the main event which is good if you like Bam Bam Bigelow and Hulk Hogan bodyslamming fat people Another mildly interesting fact about the show; first PPV that ends with a heel going over in the main event.

'87 is very good. Very, very good. I liked the main event a lot too.

I rented '88 and it was all chopped up. There were so many substitutes/jobbers...I bet the show is horrid.