Maple Leaf Gardens 12/15/85:

Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse Ventura on commentary:

Tony Parisi vs. Johnny K9

Ron Shaw vs. Rene Goulet

Hercules Hernandez vs. Bob Marcus

Hart Foundation vs. Hillbilly Jim & Uncle Elmer

Cowboy Bob Orton vs. King Tonga

Paul Orndorff vs. Ted Grizzly

Dino Bravo vs. Tiger Chung Lee (Canadian Heavyweight Title)

Dream Team vs. British Bulldogs (WWF Tag Title)

Hulk Hogan vs. Terry Funk (WWF Title)

Philadelphia Spectrum 12/17/88:

Bobby Heenan & Dick Graham on commentary:

Red Rooster vs. Sam Houston

Mr. Perfect vs. Paul Roma

Ravishing Rick Rude vs. Brutus Beefcake

Rockers vs. Brain Busters

Ultimate Warrior vs. Honky Tonk Man (IC Title)

Harley Race vs. Danny Davis

Randy Savage vs. King Haku (WWF Title)

Jim Duggan vs. Frenchy Martin

Andre The Giant vs. Jake Roberts

+Brother Love Show with Miss Elizabeth

But a strange choice on shorties

Odd they would focus on nothing but Goldberg matches in the shorties. I was kinda hoping we would get another "25 days of Christmas" theme like last year. Although they could mix the two themes and have footage of Santa's Slay availlable :)

This month's shorties, however, are totally awesome. You got the Jive Soul Bro and Rap is Crap music videos which I haven't seen in forever and Real American is always a classic. *rips an Al-Gaddafi photo* It's only unfortunate they had to put those lame Miz inserts in the videos.

Yeehaw, Tuesday in Texas is the only 1991 PPV I've never seen. And I don't know about the Funk/Hogan match, DD; I have a feeling it'll be entertaining. If the Flair/Goldberg match is from a late 90s Nitro then it's really good. Pretty much Flair's formula for a Nikita Koloff match, but who can complain about that?

Starrcade 92 did indeed pull out the PYBO Victory.

Here are the choices for December:

Clash of the Champions IV: Ric Flair and Barry Windham vs. The Midnight Express (this was on in 2006 and I never got around to watching it, Cogeco was having a lot of VOD problems around that time - I also couldn't watch the IYH: DX PPV until the day it expired and I didn't get a chance).

In Your House V: Owen vs. Diesel, Buddy Landel~!, Bret vs. Bulldog. (I don't believe I've ever seen this show in full - Coliseum Video's version was combined with another IYH).

Armageddon 2004: Taker vs. Eddie vs. Booker T vs. JBL (which I recall being good) plus a bunch of crap. (The seemingly obligatory "terrible choice from 2004" pick).

I'm pulling for IYH V.

Clash of the Champions IV: Ric Flair and Barry Windham vs. The Midnight Express (this was on in 2006 and I never got around to watching it, Cogeco was having a lot of VOD problems around that time - I also couldn't watch the IYH: DX PPV until the day it expired and I didn't get a chance).

In Your House V: Owen vs. Diesel, Buddy Landel~!, Bret vs. Bulldog. (I don't believe I've ever seen this show in full - Coliseum Video's version was combined with another IYH).

Armageddon 2004: Taker vs. Eddie vs. Booker T vs. JBL (which I recall being good) plus a bunch of crap. (The seemingly obligatory "terrible choice from 2004" pick).

I'm pulling for IYH V.

I'm pulling for the Clash, strictly to see the Horsemen vs The Midnight Express.

I'm pulling for IYH V.

I'm pulling for the Clash, strictly to see the Horsemen vs The Midnight Express.

Agreed 100%

It's been 2 years, never, and 4 years since I've seen those shows so any of them can win and it would be fine. I just hope it's not Armageddon, though thankfully the string of "Most recent PPV wins" seems to have ended. I thought No Mercy 2004 would win October hands down.

And next month's schedule is up on Sunflower.

Apparently they're showing ECW Holiday Hell 1995. The main event is Cactus vs. Sabu.

And next month's schedule is up on Sunflower.

Apparently they're showing ECW Holiday Hell 1995. The main event is Cactus vs. Sabu.

Cool. I like old-school ECW.

I'm not terribly fond of them showing the December 97 Christmas Raw again considering we're almost there anyway. It's not that great a show, but I'm a sucker for holiday themed business.

So, I guess there's other Shorties until Hanukkah starts? I see something about an AWA Christmas Brawl and Austin's Christmas Party (which I think is from 2001 - THAT should be the Holiday Raw they air).

I like the jump forward we sometimes get for Prime Time when they show a special, so hooray 1990 Christmas special.

Old School Highlights:

Philly '88: The Rockers vs. Arn/Tully, Savage vs. King Haku

Toronto '85: Hogan vs Funk, Dream Team vs. Bulldogs

Is there anything on Starrcade 1992 that is worth watching that probably won't be getting in the Top 25, though? I looked up the card and don't know how to feel. The tag title match was pretty awesome, I'm sure Sting/Vader will be good, but I don't trust WCW matches with Japanese talent after Halloween Havoc...

Muta/Chono was light years better than Rude/Chono, which isn't saying much.

Williams/Simmons is boring crap, but it wasn't their fault since Rude had to be replaced at the last minute.

You have to see Sting and Dr. Death face Liger and Watts. And Windham/Muta vs. Scorpio/Pillman. It's an interesting show.

You have to see Sting and Dr. Death face Liger and Watts. And Windham/Muta vs. Scorpio/Pillman. It's an interesting show.

Yeah... if I remember correctly, Williams no-sells pretty much everything from Liger and Watts.

I'm not terribly fond of them showing the December 97 Christmas Raw again considering we're almost there anyway. It's not that great a show, but I'm a sucker for holiday themed business.

I have had this service since 2005 and this is the fourth straight year they have shown that Christmas special from 97. It has become like tradition to me now...like Charlie Brown, Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, etc...I think I would be upset if they didn't show it at this point. I do wish they would show other ones too though, like you said, show 2001 as well.

We're gonna have to rename this forum "WWE Classics General Discussion." Do it. I dare you.

- WWE 24/7 is no more as it is getting rebranded under the name of WWE Classics on Demand. This was revealed at the CTAM Summit yesterday which is being held in Boston, MA. "Our new name, WWE Classics On Demand, better

reflects the content of our service, chronicling the rich heritage of the sports entertainment industry," said Peter Clifford, WWE senior vice president, distribution and affiliate marketing. The new name and logo will be appeared on WWE TV shows, online outlets, WWE magazines and inserts in WWE Shop orders and WWE DVD titles. (thanks to Colin Vassallo)

GERWECK.net

Yeah, but this is MAJOR NEWS. They're going to get rid of the current logo that still features a 24/7 with just the word classics at the bottom. This is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. I said I dare you, so you have to do it.

Bitch.

WWE 24/7 Classics on Demand for December

December 3, 2008

TV Classics

History of ECW 7/16/96

WCW Monday Nitro 11/3/97

WWE Raw 11/3/97

WWE TNT 7/30/86

WCCW 5/21/83

NWA Wrestling 8/16/86

The Big Ones

WWE Tuesday in Texas

WWE Tribute to the Troops 2006

Shorties

WWE Holiday Moments

The Rock's Christmas

WWE Divas Christmas

AWA Christmas Brawl

SMW Christmas Chaos

Legends

Hall of Fame: Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff

Paul Orndorff vs. Arn Anderson

Paul Orndorff vs. Tito Santana

Paul Orndorff & Roddy Piper vs. Hulk Hogan & Mr. T

December 10, 2008

TV Classics

WWE Prime Time Wrestling 12/21/87

The Big Ones

WWE At the Spectrum 12/17/88

Legends

Paul Orndorff vs. Sgt. Slaughter

Paul Orndorff vs. Ron Garvin

Paul Orndorff tag team match from Georgia

Twist of Fate: The Matt & Jeff Hardy Story - Jeff

Twist of Fate: The Matt & Jeff Hardy Story - Matt

December 17, 2008

TV Classics

History of ECW 7/23/96

WCW Monday Nitro 11/10/97

WWE Raw 11/10/97

NWA World Championship Wrestling 8/23/86

WWE TNT Holiday Special

WWE Raw Christmas 12/22/97

The Big Ones

ECW Holiday Hell 1995

WWE Tribute to the Troops 2007

PYBO: NWA Clash of the Champions IV: Season's Beatings

Shorties

Mankind vs. Santa Claus

Stone Cold Steve Austin Party

WCCW Freebirds Santa

December 24, 2008

TV Classics

WWE Prime Time Wrestling 12/24/90

The Big Ones

WWE SummerSlam 2008

WWE Maple Leaf Gardens 12/15/85

Legends

Paul Orndorff vs. Hulk Hogan

Paul Orndorff vs. Roddy Piper

Paul Orndorff & Paul Roma WCW Tag Match

Festival of Fights (8-Day Goldberg Special)

12/21: Goldberg vs. Hollywood Hogan

12/22: Goldberg vs. Chris Jericho

12/23: Goldberg vs. Booker T.

12/24: Goldberg vs. Ric Flair

12/25: Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page

12/26: Goldberg vs. The Rock

12/27: Goldberg vs. Raven

12/28: Goldberg vs. Triple H

I hope Cogeco fixes the "infinite cycle" problem I'm having with the Big Ones menu/ I'd like other options besides the first 7 GAB matches and I want to watch and tape Tuesday in Texas.

I also believe from previous years that "Troops" is considered a TV Classic (it's just an episode of Raw).

I was hoping the knowledge that COTC IV was the PYBO winner meant WWE.com updated the 24/7 page, but I see it's just taken from Sunflower (who, side note, list Holiday Hell is being in both 95 and 96, heh).

All that's up so far are the choices for PYBO and the theme. The theme is Ring Royalty.

The choices for the PYBO are Royal Rumble 1991, King of the Ring 1996, and Judgment Day 2006. They gonna cut Benoit v. Finlay out of that last one?

Celebrate WWE 24/7 Classics’ crowning achievement in January with “Ring Royalty” with a look at the most noble Kings, Queens and other regal Superstars to ever grace the wrestling world.

Legends

Hall of Fame: Jerry “The King” Lawler – “The King” has ruled the wrestling world for the better part of four decades, both in the ring and as an announcer. Follow Jerry Lawler’s incredible career, from his ascent to the top of Memphis wrestling to World Championship glory in the AWA and Superstardom in the WWE. Relive the King’s storied rivalry with comedian-turned-combatant Andy Kaufman, battles with Terry Funk and “Hitman” Bret Hart and Lawler’s 2007 induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

The Big Ones

The Royal Rumble – For over 20 years, the Royal Rumble has been one of WWE’s showcase events, highlighted by the once-a-year, over-the-top-rope Royal Rumble Match. Revisit (2) classic events: In 1995, 30 Superstars, including Shawn Michaels, Owen Hart, the British Bulldog, Lex Luger, King Kong Bundy and Bob Backlund battle to be the last Superstar standing in the Rumble Match. Plus, “Hitman” Bret Hart challenges Diesel for the WWE Championship. Then in 1998, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mankind and Vader headline the Royal Rumble Match, battling for the right to challenge for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania. Plus, WWE Champion Shawn Michaels looks to hold on to the gold, facing The Undertaker in a Casket Match.

King of the Ring ’97 – Who will be named King of the WWE for 1997? Mankind, Jerry “The King” Lawler, Triple H and Ahmed Johnson, compete in the final rounds of the tournament for the prestigious title. All-time greats collide when “Heartbreak” Kid Shawn Michaels faces Stone Cold Steve Austin. Plus, the Undertaker defends the WWE Championship against the leader of the Nation of Domination, Faarooq.

TV Classics

The Monday Night War – WWE and WCW continue the battle for Sports Entertainment supremacy with (2) Monday night mêlées from November 1997. Controversy reigns on WWE Raw, as Vince McMahon addresses the story behind Bret Hart’s departure. Plus, the rivalry between Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock intensifies while D-Generation X runs roughshod on everybody in their path. Nitro is highlighted by huge, big-name battles, including Hollywood Hogan defending the WCW World Championship vs The Giant, Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko for the Cruiserweight crown, Rey Mysterio vs Chris Jericho and Curt Hennig vs Lex Luger for the U.S. Title.

Saturday Night’s Main Event – The battle to become “Ring Royalty” comes to WWE’s network showcase. Saturday Night’s Main Event from January 1990 features “Macho King” Randy Savage versus Hacksaw Jim Duggan in a Crown Match. WWE Champion Hulk Hogan teams with Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior to face Mr. Perfect and The Genius. Dusty Rhodes takes on “Ravishing” Rick Rude and much more.

Shorties

Bow down and honor “Ring Royalty” as Kofi “King”ston presents matches featuring the stateliest Superstars in wrestling history. Regal combatants include Lord Alfred Hayes, “King” Harley Race, Lord Steven Regal, Prince Iaukea, “Macho King” Randy Savage with “Queen” Sherri and many more.

Siiiiick.