TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Raw Thread 3/17/08

Why does the best tag team in the WWE (closely followed by Miz/Morrison) continue to get squashed? There is no reason they shouldn't be tag team champions right now.

Yeah..uh..what were you saying there?

I thought it was pretty clear. London and Kendrick should be tag champs. They keep getting squashed. It confuses me.

The explanation is, it is the WWE, does anything ever make sense?

Well it does make sense. Umaga is going into a big match at Wrestlemania, while London and Kendrick are not. So Umaga was set up in a match to make him look strong and powerful so he looks like competiton for Batista. How does that not make sense?

Louisiana doesn't have local guys they could have inserted into the match and done the same thing?

Established guys are better to use for things like that.

Guest frostdude1

Did anyone catch Val Venis' facial expressions during the main event last night ? PURE COMEDY. Especially during the 5 knuckle shuffle.

If someone can upload a gif, that would be awesome

The main-event was one of the most unintentionally hilarious matches I can remember seeing in a while. Just the visual of 17 guys on one side of the ring against two was great. Hearing the words "17 on 2 Handicap Match" was great. The fact they managed to come up with a match to ensure the heel WWE Champion got babyface pops 2 weeks from WrestleMania was great.

At the end, I half expected Kennedy to come out while Orton and Cena were down to build the "If Kennedy wins MITB he'll cash it in at WrestleMania" storyline, especially now Jeff's gone and the winner is up in the air. I thought it was odd he wasn't one of the roster in the match. Guess he just wasn't there.

Santino was 'on' all night. The sandwich stuff, "Snoopy The Dogg", the Marine headbutt spot in the main-event. I can't believe anyone would want to see him as a serious wrestler as opposed to what he's doing now.

Also, was it just me or was Punk/Carlito was really sloppy for the first few minutes. They just about rescued it by the end, but at first it seemed like they were having trouble stringing a lot of stuff together.

Santino was gold. The Snoppy the Dog comment had me in stitches.

Big Shows punch on Jericho didn't look like anything special live, but looked really nice on the replay.

Carlito and Punk did seem a bit sloppy at the begnning (a trend with a lot of Punk matches as of late) but was some-what rescued by a decent finish.

The main even was different, but I completely dug it. I made Cena and Orton look amazing, and Cena setting up the RKO was one of the cooler looking spots I've seen in a while

Guest DCH

I loved Val Venis in that Main Event. Ironically Val Venis only needs to win the WWE title to complete the "Grand Slam" in which one has held the Hardcore, European, Tag Team, IC/US and World title. It's amazing actually, that Venis has gotten all but the big one.

To nitpick, the Hardcore title doesn't really count in the "Grand Slam" of titles. It's just Euro, IC, Tag, and World. I always thought Venis was overrated, and not that great of a wrestler. I enjoyed him during his Chief Morley run, but any character other than that I never cared for.