TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

Random Thoughts 3-27-08 to 5-28-08

Don't know who unearthed this one, but someone has found one a studio outtake photo from way back in 1991 of Sensational Sherri with the Undertaker.

rrjbc0.jpg

EDIT: Seems this was posted in the pictures thread. Oh well.

According to Meltzer Hayes said, “How can we have a President that can’t read the constitution?” and “If that boy gets elected, I’m moving to Canada.” Many within WWE questioned McMahon’s skit mocking Obama after Obama agreed to do Raw, despite knowing there was a risk of backfire if the Hayes story and his comments got out that week.

How is that racist? Maybe he just doesn't like the guy.

"OMG Obama's black so it must be racist commentz!"

Say what you want about Obama, but no ones really accusing him of being illiterate. I can only take that as taking on the stereotype of ignorant black people. The “boy” isn’t a smoking gun of racism, but it doesn’t help.

Hayes strikes me as a Dog the Bounty Hunter type racist. He might have a few black friends, but he still looks down on the blacks he’s not friends with.

--The plan was to announce a TLC match with Edge vs. Undertaker at tonight's tapings for One Night Stand. As with all WWE plans, until it happens, it hasn't happened. There is already advertising out with that match listed.

Observer.com

Well...at least this time someone will win. I'm still picking Edge. This whole thing makes zero sense if Taker's just going to be winning it back. Match should be really good...and hopefully they'll retire the pairing for a little while.

WWE just called me asking about my trip to Central Florida, since I had bought tickets to Wrestlemania 24, even though I ended up selling them

Well...at least this time someone will win. I'm still picking Edge. This whole thing makes zero sense if Taker's just going to be winning it back. Match should be really good...and hopefully they'll retire the pairing for a little while.

But they have done this before. Remember when they held the World Title up after the HHH/Edge/Benoit three-way where Edge and Benoit pinned each other only to have HHH win the belt back in the Elimination Chamber?

This is just loyalty service to Undertaker to pad his title reigns.

Well, it was slightly less akward than Bush dancing with the Africans.

And far less awkward than Hacksaw Jim Duggan hosting WWE Kiss Cam

That's by far the best Kiss Cam ever.

All I know is that, after I went to the Duggan Kiss Cam link, the top of the related videos queue had a video featuring a whole lot of Mickie James and I immediately jumped to that.

They should plug Teddy Long danceoffs for every market as an After-Raw delight. Fuck random 6-man tags. Just have Long call out the most random people to come dance w/ him after Raw goes off the air . . . Burchill/Lea one week, Duggan another, Batista the next, JBL the week after, ect.

If that means we get Big Daddy V along with London and Kendrick in the ring at the same time I will endorse this idea.

Well, it was slightly less akward than Bush dancing with the Africans.

And far less awkward than Hacksaw Jim Duggan hosting WWE Kiss Cam

That's by far the best Kiss Cam ever.

All I know is that, after I went to the Duggan Kiss Cam link, the top of the related videos queue had a video featuring a whole lot of Mickie James and I immediately jumped to that.

I as well.

Okay, you all made your point. You aren't gay, we get it.

That wasn't the point. It was more like "I'm such a pathetic, juvenile horn ball that I couldn't resist clicking on it, but at least I'm not alone."

When we hit about, uh, post #600 in this thread, I'm going to close this thread, and date it, so that it's easier to search for stuff. I'll open a new one right after, picking up discussion right where it left off.

Speaking from past experience, back when we did the CTDWAT thing, it was pretty hard to find stuff. It's easier to search through 15 pages (on my setting) than it would be when it eventually hit into quadruple digits.

Just a little something to make searching easier, and keep things from becoming too large, in a sense.

And no, I haven't seen Lashley anywhere. I don't really expect to.

I also think Lashley is about to show up in Booker T's promotion in Houston. I'm not sure if he's wrestling or if he's just going to sign autographs.

Regarding Lashley, I am sick of these guys like him or Angle constantly talking about wanting to go into MMA. Guys who are now used to doing scripted pro wrestling aren't going to succeed in MMA. Pro wrestling is about entertaining the viewer and not hurting someone. MMA is about hurting someone and winning a legit fight.

It's not like its Scotty Too Hotty here wanting to go to MMA. Both Angle and Lashley have amateur wrestling backgrounds and when you want to continue pursuing that sort of career, getting fired/quitting WWE, your best options are TNA or MMA. I would agree that the wrestlers who thinks they can just walk into an UFC cage could just win flat out have a big shock coming to them. Brock trained for a few years before his first UFC fight and he lost that to Frank Mir.