TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

TNA Impact (4/3/2008)

According to TNA's website...

MAIN EVENT: THE ICON STING VS. “COWBOY” JAMES STORM

Sting has returned to TNA Wrestling in a major way, first joining Team Cage for the upcoming Lethal Lockdown match, then winning the huge eight-man war this past week! On Thursday night, Sting returns to the main event as he will face the superstar that smashed a beer bottle over his head in “Cowboy” James Storm! Will Storm have hell to pay at the hands of the icon – or will the Cowboy upset Sting’s return?

TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS AJ STYLES & TOMKO VS. “THE INSTANT CLASSIC” CHRISTIAN CAGE AND “THE WAR MACHINE” RHINO

In a preview of the Lethal Lockdown match, it will be Christian Cage and Rhino teaming up again as they rebuild their friendship to face TNA World Tag Team Champions “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles and Tomko!

Also on Thursday night’s “iMPACT!” broadcast…

- The TNA Knockouts will be in action in a Grudge Match as it will be Traci Brooks battling her nemesis Ms. Payton Banks

- In another Xscape Match qualifier, it will be Shark Boy taking on “Primetime” Elix Skipper

- Plus, more news and matches will be announced for the Lockdown Pay-Per-View event on Sunday, April 13!

Write your own preview as well, won't hurt a bit. We need all the posts we can get in this folder to liven it up more.

The NWA TNA Week 302 Preview

LIVE...on tape from Orlando

Yeah...back to taped editions this week. There's two episodes left until Lockdown. As this is a taped show you can read the spoilers on the board if you want to. This preview will be non spoilery.

Sting vs. James Storm

Boy...they got Sting right back to work didn't they? Storm surprised everyone by cracking a beer bottle over Sting's head to end the LIVE edition of Impact last week. That was awesome. I've been watching TNA from the beginning and I really love when they do stuff with their original guys. I wonder how many are left... *thinking out loud* Styles and Storm appeared at the first ppv tapings. ...Christ is that it? Abyss was on there but he wasn't playing Abyss...and he was then gone for a long time. My God...are those the only 2 wrestlers that are still active that were there from the start? Actually...looking over the people that were on that show...the roster is a 1000 times better now. ... Anyway. Sting's wrestling Storm in the Main Event this week. The real question in all of this is whether this leads to a legit push for Storm. I dig his character...but I'm not sure it'll work outside of the midcard. If he drops the comedy aspects of his drunken character and just played pissed off cowboy that'd be better. Maybe we should start a TNA character discussion thread to disscuss the finer points of the characters and what they need to drop/add. I got really sidetracked here. Sting vs. Storm is a good TV Main Event. That is all.

Christian and Rhino vs. AJ Styles and Tomko

More build for the Lethal Lockdown match this week. Looking at it...they could have a hell of a tag match if this was on ppv. I doubt the TV match would be anything more than guys getting there stuff in and furthering storyline stuff...but they match up really well. And what do I know? They had a pretty fun 8 man match last week. I love Styles and Tomko. Whenever they pull the trigger on Angle/Styles and *hopefully* LAX taking there titles back, I'm going to miss them as a team. There interaction is just cool.

Traci Brooks vs. Peyton Banks

They had a decent go at a recent ppv. More of that I suppose. I'm glad they didn't completely forget about Brooks after how awesome she took the post mathc whipping from Banks. There's a storyline here with Brooks looking for revenge. That whole whipping segment was great.

Shark Boy vs. Elix Skipper

Another Xscape match qualifier. ...Holy shit Elix Skipper. hmm...SharkBoy gets a new character and a push and Elix Skipper reappears out of nowhere. Draw your own conclusions as for a possible result. It seems like forever ago that Skipper walked that cage doesn't it? That XXX reunion didn't work out so great for Elix.

LAX & The Motor City Machineguns vs. The Rock N Rave Infection & Black Reign/Rellik

They've had all these tag teams running around each other (throw in Eric Young and Kaz too) but I couldn't for the life of me tell you what it's leading to. They do have a lot of tag teams though. LAX are the #1 contenders. I'm going to write that every week. I have a feeling I'll be writing it for a long time. I can't see this being that long.

Other stuff:

I'm sure that Jay Lethal is still trying to date So Cal Val. Quite the champion he is.

More build for Angle/Joe which has been excellent so far.

Rough Cut must continue. Seriously...they're getting dangerously close to making me interested in a Kip/BG match. They'd better bleed.

Also...will Scott Steiner do something with his briefcases? Is there a time limit on those things? Will he use one of his before CM Punk?

That's all I got.

With Black Reign and Relik being in the match, this is one of the few times you can say that Lane Hoyt isn't the worst wrestler in the ring.

Yeah... though, I'm kinda sick of the Hoyt hate, which is funny since I've got that quote in my sig. He's not nearly as horrible as people make him out to be, and when they pushed him in the summer of 2005, which is still TNA's second or third greatest era, he took the ball and had some decent-good stuff, especially the Abyss match from Sacrifice 2005.

Impact looks pretty good this week, I gotta say. Hopefully they're leading to something with Storm though. I've seen him pushed up and down the card so much it's giving me whiplash.

The show does indeed look pretty good.

I have one question though. Why is it when WWE has MitB, people hardly complain about the person using their title shot, but when TNA tries the same thing people are all over them about "when is (so-and-so) going to use the shot?" I know it's a "rip-off" of what WWE has done, but don't complain about one and not the other.

The show does indeed look pretty good.

I have one question though. Why is it when WWE has MitB, people hardly complain about the person using their title shot, but when TNA tries the same thing people are all over them about "when is (so-and-so) going to use the shot?" I know it's a "rip-off" of what WWE has done, but don't complain about one and not the other.

Yep, I just love double standards in the business. I think TNA fans are so used to the company forgetting contenders that they want Steiner to use his shots before Vinny Ru forgets he has them at all.

I think it's because they never really bothered to tell us the rules of the cases.

First they dragged it out forever until Daniels got fired with Senshi's breifcase...then Steiner got Pete's briefcase too...and the only person how used one was BG who lost.

How long are they good for? If you can cash them in at anytime...why wouldn't everyone use them after the champion just had a hard match (ala Edge)?

I didn't realize they could cash them in whenever they wanted to until BG did it...and I watch every week.

I just want to say, thank God we seem to be having regular discussion threads for Impact that aren't in the spoiler thread. I hate spoilers.

Anyway, the show is starting.

Lethal Lockdown is officially 5 on 5, so it looks like my prediction of Storm on Team Tomko and unmasked Abyss on Team Cage may turn out to be correct.

LOL at "sufferin' sciatica".

IDK, I'm really excited for Lethal Lockdown. It might be me, but I like the teams they put together. I like that the World Champion isn't on a team.

I'm not a fan of Hoyt, but I'm glad they didn't go with the Rock and Rave split due to the team not getting a long. Their gimmick is dumb, but I kind of like it.

That's what I've liked about TNA lately. They've decided to build those top 2 matches well (especially Joe/Angle) and my excitement for Lockdown is really high. Most I've looked forward to a ppv since Bound For Glory...and even that time it was just to see Angle/Sting and Joe/Christian...nothing really to do with the build for it.

I'm not a fan of Hoyt, but I'm glad they didn't go with the Rock and Rave split due to the team not getting a long. Their gimmick is dumb, but I kind of like it.

It's not too bad, but I think they should be working at getting Rave over more as the leader, with Hemme as his slutty sidekick and Hoyt as his bodyguard. At the very least, they should show them being dorkier and playing guitar hero in the back.

Monsters of Rock? I like the name, and the promo was funny. But when id Reign and Rellik become associated with Christy Hemme and the Rock N Rave Infection?

Also, the Guns' music SUCKS.

Monsters of Rock? I like the name, and the promo was funny. But when id Reign and Rellik become associated with Christy Hemme and the Rock N Rave Infection?

Also, the Guns' music SUCKS.

Agreed. Cheesy 90s pop rock doesn't work for them one bit.

With his bandanna and new facial hair, Hernandez looks like Rick Steiner.

I thought he looked like Saturn when I met him at Webster Hall.

Gotta love that Reign and Rellik didn't know what double team move to do. That's a great way to get a team over.

With his bandanna and new facial hair, Hernandez looks like Rick Steiner.

I thought he looked like Saturn when I met him at Webster Hall.

Did you think Webster Hall would be a good venue for a PPV?