TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Real World Awards

Nehemiah was a bad ass, but then he went and got soft and apologized to the Army chick and reconciled.

I was really hoping he'd just look at her and be like: "Oh, you're a medic. So while people are out there dying for freddom and actually fighting, you're busy being in the rear with the gear as you make sure there's enough camo band-aids for all their boo-boos, right?"

If I remember correctly, Nehemiah was more talking about the Iraq War and not being a "real war" and Rachel was getting BUTT-hurt because she thought that he was implying that she wasn't a "real soldier" when Nehemiah was more speaking out against the war itself and not Rachel's role in the war.

I also remember a brief argument he had with Danny where Danny called Bush a "great leader" lol.

Eric from Fresh Meat is fat. He almost "died" during the last mission. Though one thing it showed was how good of a person Brad was. Everyone was all pissed off they didn't win any money, but Brad was talking about how the guys life is more important.

I think I read that they are going to do another Fresh Meat so they can get more cast members for the challenges. Though they have a good amount of people from the first FM that haven't been on any challenges since.

I remember him in the first episode calling his girlfriend, at the time, so she could tell everyone about his big cock. I also remember Cameron talking about her vibrator, which was awesome. I loved her. Too bad she was a pussy and never stayed on any of the challenges.

Speaking of challenges, does anyone happen to have Battle of the Sexes 2 on tape or something? I REALLY want to see it again and it's the only one that won't download on Bittorrent.

I think I read that they are going to do another Fresh Meat so they can get more cast members for the challenges. Though they have a good amount of people from the first FM that haven't been on any challenges since.

With good reason though. They aren't really going to bring back anyone who's not gonna cause some drama or, who isn't 'ratings worthy'.

Plus, I only count 5. Looking at the cast list most of which I don't even remember.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Johnnie. His partnership with Tonya was pretty funny. Although, that could have been because it was Tonya.

But why was Evan any better "ratings" wise than the chick who won it, Aviv? Linette is smoking and hooked up with Theo, so she'd probably get with other cast members (well, that seemed like that was a trend). And Jonnie had good "TV" chemistry with Tonya, so he should have been brought back as well. Unless they didn't want to, which might be the case.

It seems that everytime they do a reunion special of sorts, there are always some,(mostly the same), cast members who don't show up or offer a pre-taped message of some sort. I'm wondering if these people simply got on with their lives, or if they had something against the way they were portrayed on the show? I.E.-Irene.

No Love for the Chicago Season? Not only is the it the Highest rated overall season, the two highest rated shows in Real World history are from that season. The 9/11 episode and the Season Finale. I thought that cast was great. Along w/ San Diego and Back to NY, those are the best seasons outside of the first 3. I also think Key West was decent as well. No quarrels about Hawaii either.

No Love for the Chicago Season? Not only is the it the Highest rated overall season, the two highest rated shows in Real World history are from that season. The 9/11 episode and the Season Finale. I thought that cast was great. Along w/ San Diego and Back to NY, those are the best seasons outside of the first 3. I also think Key West was decent as well. No quarrels about Hawaii either.

I didn't really like Chicago at all. I barely, remember much of that season. And of course, I think the rating would have more to do with the 9/11 thing then the actual cast itself. (Even though that doesn't speak for the finale)

The only people I remember finding entertaining that season were Theo and Aneesa. Aneesa because she was just an off the wall crazy lesbian, and Theo, was just the "cool guy" that season, and would put people in their place when they talked shit to him.

And while I have enjoyed Tonya on all of the challenges, during her season she was pretty boring. And was as I recall, was just the "Girl from Walla Walla with kidney stones." Not really much else to her. Until she broke out of her shell in later shows. But Chris, Cara, Keri, Kyle? Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that I've seen the Real World Awards recently and they were up there, I wouldn't have remembered them. (With the exception of Kyle, who I forgot completely and it wasn't until I just looked at cast bios that I remembered him)

Speaking of Cara, at work today I was in the break room watching TV and she was in some commercial for a random technical school. I was like..."WTF, Cara?"

If there was an award for best tits, Coral from the second NY should've won. (That was the last season I watched, too, though I tried to give Vegas a chance.)

My favorite season was Seattle, despite the Irene bullshit.

Yes, I enjoyed it as well. Though I don't remember too much of it, I think I caught in on Comcast On Demand awhile back. I didn't start watching it until Hawaii.

I remember turning to Road Rules when I was younger (I think it was RR1). I remember some girl crying and fighting with a guy and thought it was stupid, so I changed the channel. Kind of wish I watched it because the only season I've watched in full is Extreme.

And you can't find ANY of them on Torrents. I had a hard time finding the challenges, but I did end up DLing all of them except for Battle of the Sexes 2, which doesn't seem to have any seeders. Battle of the Seasons took about a month to DL because no one would seed it. Then one day, someone did and it finished. It was stuck at 88% for the longest time.

The utter lack of old school Real World (and Road Rules) on the filesharing networks/bit torrent is pretty sad thing, especially vintage Real World (IE the first seven or eight seasons). And due to the Real World S1 set DVD bombing saleswise (in part because they pretty much hacked the first season into a horrific mess to remove all of the music), we won't see the rest of the seasons on DVD in butchered form either (or even in syndication, since music rights problems caused the show to be pulled from syndication as well).

A few years back, MTV had a marathon of the first 8 (?) seasons of the show and said they'd never been shown again on MTV.

Is anyone watching the new season? I am really liking it so far. It seems like they are TRYING to go back to the roots of the show and it's working a tad bit. However, as much as I like the hour episodes, I'd rather it only be 22 minutes. That way I get more RW over time.

Anyone know why it's an hour now?

I don't know, but I think they did the whole "Only 9 more episodes left" thing at the end of the show.

Which of course means it'll be ending a lot sooner then usual. I suppose since they're doing hour episodes, it's about the same in regards to amount of content though.

I remember a while back, there was a rumor this was supposedly the last season. (Although I don't believe that's the case as I'm pretty sure they're still doing auditions) but maybe they're just getting tired of the Real World?

The new season is way better than I thought, and I'm actually liking the guy with the crazy hair, which surprises me because the promos he cut before the season made him look like a total tool.

I love "Pretyboy" greg, too.

Next can be fun sometimes. I'm still waiting for someone to come off of the bus, see the other person and Next themselves out of disgust. Apaprently there is an episode where that happens, but I haven't seen it yet.

I use to Love Next actually. Then it got hit with the dreaded Family Guy Syndrome.

It seemed so much better when nobody really watched it. Then after the 3rd or 4th season and a gain in popularity, it just seemed to loose

it's luster to me. Date my Mom, Room Raiders, and that one show where the parents don't like the current boyfriend/girlfriend so they set their son/daughter

up with someone while they watch the dates w/ the current significant other are all decent to me. Coincidentally, they are all created by the same person.

I'm still waiting for someone to come off of the bus, see the other person and Next themselves out of disgust. Apaprently there is an episode where that happens, but I haven't seen it yet.

I think I saw that one. I can't remember the details though.

X Effect, Next, Date My Mom, Room Raiders, Parental Control

I've watched them all except for Date My Mom, which is such a dumb concept that I couldn't bother. To laugh at how corny and fake they are or because of the occasional cute girl are the only real reasons to watch. Those are really some of the worst offenders.

What really brought this on was watching a lot of MTV recently and catching A Shot at Love. I've never even heard of Tila before this second season of her shitty show and am left wondering what the hell she did to get famous in the first place or what's so appealing about her, since she's nothing much. The best and funniest part was a Jersey guido faggot pushing with and threatening to knock out a jew or something. The absolute worst was the very beginning where five minutes were spent showing the retards shouting and hollering while Tila posed. Terrible.

Even after all this time the best shows in production are True Life and Made.