TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

CTDWAT: TNA Edition

I can see the MEM counter to that shirt. Nash on the front, "Boot" on the back.

Would beat his last shirt for sure.

Is it just me, or does it look like AJ has tripped over something rather than doing a Flying Forearm on that T-shirt.

Funny story on the new name for the babyface faction from this weeks Observer

The company realized TNA Originals was a weak name, particularly when Rhino and Team 3-D were being brought into the group and eventually Jeff Jarrett and Mick Foley would be involved. There was talk at first of doing a name based on “X” for Xtreme except for the DX connotations. At one point the idea was Team Xtacy, seriously, until someone realized that could be a bad idea. So it became TNA Front Line.

Hahahaha. Awesome. Why not just call them Special K and have done? :P

Because if they did that, then they would have to have like 20 skinny wrestlers who look like they are backyard wrestlers come out with the group every week, and then have a really large black guy as their body guard.

Because if they did that, then they would have to have like 20 skinny wrestlers who look like they are backyard wrestlers come out with the group every week, and then have a really large black guy as their body guard.

Damn, they shouldn't have let Jeff Hardy go... :P

Kind of what I said, except you described them more in detail.

Does that make ODB Becky Bayless?

"Team Xtacy" has Russo written all over it. God I hate Russo.

I can't believe I didn't place my TNAshop Black Friday order earlier and missed out on the best of Abyss (and settled for the best of Jeff Hardy).

I can't believe you wouldn't just go to amazon or another site to get a better deal than you would ever get on the official TNA shop site. Same goes for WWE. Amazon is the way to go.

They were selling their DVDs at $5 and $10 apiece. The Hardy and Abyss DVDs mentioned are going for $18 and $23 on Amazon right now. They were exceptionally good deals. And WWE's got some similar deals in their Clearance section (or at least have as I know I picked up a bunch of DVDs at $5-$8 a pop awhile back, and big ones like Ladder Matches, The Horsemen, and Pillman).

EDIT: Actually the deals are still going so you can look at prices but more than half of the inventory is sold out including both those DVDs.

http://shoptna.com/black-friday.aspx

I got 4 DVD's and 4 shirts for $40 from the TNA sale. Not too bad. The shirts were 3.50-5.00 each. I don't plan on wearing them anywhere besides the gym, to a wrestling event or as an undershirt, and at those prices why not. My DVDs ended being the Best of the Tag Teams, Best of Jeff Hardy and two 05 PPV DVDs: one pre Spike TV that had an intersting card and then the one after Spike TV that had AJ Pierzynski- got that one because I'm a die hard White Sox fan. Not a bad deal at all in my opinion (and you can tell that I give a fuck less about what the 05 DVDs were as at $5 I'm not even going to look them up to defend them).

edit: I had originally targeted Best of Samoa Joe and Best of Abyss at $5 each but they were gone by the time I ordered.

Kevein Nash wrestled in Green Bay at a bar, maybe 250-300 people. He was part of a 6 man and took 1 ginger bump. He's very big in person, and more muscular than I expected. I'll toss up some pics and maybe a video tomorrow.

TNA is selling some exclusive autographed framed pieces on their website. Anywhere from 20-100 exist of different piece. Sting, Angle, MEM, Frontline, Jarrett, Beer Money, LAX, Foley, etc. I'd buy some of them but they are out of my price range right now.

I don't get what the big deal is of Nash doing a indy show.

Just a quick question, I was at work and a friend of mine who's a semi-serious wrestling fan asked me about TNA, told me he'd seen a great video (?) promoting a PPV. He said all he could remember was the video being really well produced, and included the words 'or slow the hands of father time' with a clock hand slowing down as it said it.

I can't for the life of me remember which event its for, I have a little memory of the video, I think it's before a Bound For Glory, but i'm not 100% sure.

Anybody have any idea which video it is?

Its not a big deal, I'm just sharing my pics and shit. Sorry this brought displeasure to your night.

It didn't at all, I just wasn't sure if there was a point or not.

Not sure if this was already posted but was up at Best Buy yesterday and they have a ton of pretty recent TNA DVDs on sale for $5 each. This includes most of the early to mid 2008/late 2007 ppvs, the Sting bio DVD, 50 Greatest Moments, Best of 07, Best of Bloodiest Brawls, etc. Biggest score is easily that they have Global Impact for that same price. Had to pick up the 50 Greatest Moments DVD and also Global Impact too.

Doesn't Best Buy have other wrestling DVDs on sale as well. I think I read recently that they have the Michaels and Cena special edition DVDs on sale for like $12.

Doesn't Best Buy have other wrestling DVDs on sale as well. I think I read recently that they have the Michaels and Cena special edition DVDs on sale for like $12.

You are correct, sir!