TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 4/7 - 4/13

Meanwhile, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs have lost seven straight games to open the season. They are still looking for their franchise's first win.

Ha! They're cursed, they are.

And last year when Ottawa went 55-88?

Meanwhile, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs have lost seven straight games to open the season. They are still looking for their franchise's first win.

Ha! They're cursed, they are.

And last year when Ottawa went 55-88?

Hey, at least we won some.

Since the Os now have a back to back doubleheader tomorrow, Id say the odds of them extending the winning streak much further are shot.

Baltimore and Texas in a double header? What's the worst that can happen?

l_1b830a158ddeb9f3e42b0e4eca2de599.jpg

I'm not intending to make fun. I just find it fun that I was at the game.

The Detroit Tigers won a baseball game.

I was rooting for them to lose 22 straight to get that nasty 21 game losing streak to start the season American League record off the Orioles but alas..at least the Phillies are saddled with the real longest losing streak at 23.

I doubt any team will ever lose that many straight again...at some point even the worst team ever gets lucky enough to eek one out.

Guest Teal-y Dan

I was preoccupied with another game, but I did see Bill Hall hit one splendid dinger to the starcase way beyond straight-away center in the 9th. I'm very irritated that by my count, Corey Patterson has more home runs than Prince Fielder. This is wrong.

If Mark Ellis stays healthy he might have a big year. He is off to a pretty good start. 4-5 tonight. Of course this is the A's organization we are talking about so if he gets too hot during the first half of the season he will probably be traded for "future prospects"

Dave Bush probably pitched himself out of the starting rotation last night. The two losses the Brewers have so far this year have both come with him on the mound. Gallardo is due back soon, so something has to give.

Oh, and as much as I still have a soft spot for the guy, Turnbow really has no business pitching unless the Crew is up by 5 or more runs.

Guest Teal-y Dan
EDIT: SF wins 1-0 off my fantasy hold man Heath Bell.

Repeated references to the fortunes of one's fantasy team will result in penalties, and that goes for everyone.

EDIT: SF wins 1-0 off my fantasy hold man Heath Bell.

Repeated references to the fortunes of one's fantasy team will result in penalties, and that goes for everyone.

Thats the only reason I was listening to the game. I try to talk non orioles and get clobbered over the head over it.

Yeah, but why would anyone care about your fantasy team? Or anyone else's?

As for Bush, blame Ned. Bush has shown a tendency to be lousy after the fifth inning, yet Ned opts to wait until the wheels fall off. What the hell did the Brewers spend all that money on their bullpen if Ned is going to do that?

If anyone wants to talk about fantasy baseball, use the fantasy baseball thread.

Anyway, the Dodgers hitting is almost saddening. Andruw Jones has picked up right where he left off last season, Russell Martin's had a poor start as well...it isn't very nice to see.

Hiroki Kuroda though, thumbs up.

Oh, and as much as I still have a soft spot for the guy, Turnbow really has no business pitching unless the Crew is up by 5 or more runs.

After last season's conclusion, he shouldn't even be on the team.

If anyone wants to talk about fantasy baseball, use the fantasy baseball thread.

Well Im glad I dont have any Orioles on my fantasy team then..shesh.

bout 1/2 hour away from sittin down for 7 hours of baseball..yeehaw.

Roberts gets the first game off and Adam Jones is batting leadoff, seems like Trembley is messin around too much.

Guest Teal-y Dan

Quit your kvetching. My stance on fantasy sports is well known, and I'm not the only one who feels this way. There's a place for fantasy sports. This is for reality sports. No "he'd better because he's on," no "well at least he's on," no "this ruins my," nothing.

Guest Teal-y Dan

When the Mets move to City Field or CitiField or Citifield or however we're rendering it, is there any way we can get them to stop putting black drop-shadows on everything? I don't have HDTV, so blue, orange, and black right next to each other blends into sort of a magenta.

The Phillies signed Steve Kline to a minor league deal. There might not be anything left there, but as Kline is a local product it's a nice pickup to see. Kline's personality is perfect for Philly. He's gritty and doesn't bathe.

Fuckin Thomas. Not one hit in SIX at bats. Four K's, two walks. Jays get swept, when they could have won all three (although Tuesday was a stretch).

I'm not bashing Thomas after he basically won two games for us and nearly a third. But that strikeout in the tenth was the death blow.

Do the Jays lead the league in LOB yet?