TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Smackdown (4/11/2008)

Courtesy wwe.com, of course...

After losing their respective titles at WrestleMania XXIV, Edge and Chavo Guerrero didn’t take long to enlist the help of other “family” members to attempt some measure of revenge. To set the stage, General Manager Vickie Guerrero forced Undertaker and Kane to face each other in a “Brother vs. Brother, Champion vs. Champion Match” last week on SmackDown. As the match wore on, it was the perfect opportunity for Edge, Chavo, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder to launch a surprise attack on the brothers. But, the tables were soon turned, and Edge & Chavo were left knocked out cold. Further adding to the plan to return the titles to the "family," the GM wielded her power by announcing huge title rematches between Edge and Undertaker, as well as Chavo and Kane at Backlash on April 27.

But before Backlash -- as announced in a WWE Mobile on AT&T exclusive video – the GM has ordered Undertaker to face Festus this Friday on SmackDown. When the bell rings and the corn-fed colossus “transforms,” how will The Phenom react to this very unconventional Superstar who has never been pinned on SmackDown?

Last week on SmackDown, Shawn Michaels tried to explain what it feels like to have ended the career of Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV. But while struggling to express his mixed emotions, HBK was confronted in the ring by Batista, who claimed HBK’s actions were both selfish and wrong. (WATCH) Things got even hotter on Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel on Raw. (WATCH) This Friday on SmackDown, the two Backlash opponents will have a face-to-face meeting. What’s next in the rivalry that’s been brewing between these two Superstars?

Also last week, SmackDown goliaths Big Show and The Great Khali faced off in a stare-down. But, Khali decided to save the confrontation for another day and walked away. WWE.com has learned that Khali is planning a “Punjabi Peace Offering” ceremony this week on SmackDown. What exactly does Khali have in store for Big Show? Is the Punjabi giant really looking to bury the hatchet with Big Show? How will The World’s Largest Athlete react to this giant gesture of peace?

Since Matt Hardy burst back onto the scene with a surprise appearance at WrestleMania XXIV, he’s made his first order of business perfectly clear – take out arch-rival United States Champion MVP. So far, everything is going according to plan. Hardy changed the course of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match with a Twist of Fate to the champion. And on last week’s SmackDown, he used the same devastating maneuver to defeat his former tag team partner in a non-title match. With revenge pumping through Hardy’s veins, what’s next from this returning Superstar? (More on Hardy’s return...) What will SmackDown's "Franchise Playa” have to say about Hardy’s seeming resurgence?

As announced last week, Finlay & Hornswoggle will be returning to SmackDown this Friday night. Three cheers for the little guy, who has made a miraculous recovery following the beating he suffered at the hand’s of JBL on Raw. What will the Irish father and son pair be up to?

Shortly after Michelle McCool won the SmackDown Diva Competition last week, she was attacked by a jealous Victoria. Then, from out of nowhere, a mysterious blonde Diva viciously slammed McCool into the ring post. Who she is? What are her motivations? Is there a connection between her and Victoria?

Experience all of the action on Friday Night SmackDown at 8/7 CT on The CW Network.

Match listings are below...

The Miz and John Morrison vs. Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore

Matt Striker vs. Finlay

Vladimir Kozlov vs. Matt Logan

Victoria vs. Michelle McCool

Chuck Palumbo vs. Matt Hardy

The Undertaker vs. Festus

Being completely honest...this does not sound like the best of shows.

Discuss.

So I guess we're not having a SmackDown spolier thread any more? I don't really care, I read the spoilers anyway, I'm just curious if thats the route we're taking from here on out.

We can still have a spoiler thread, but nobody posted it for some reason.

When I post the match listings now and in the future, I'm going to take extra care not to spoil anything, in case anyone's worried about that.

Best feud ever? That might be jumping the gun...

but, its definitely got potential.

:lol:

Hey, if you're going to bust out the wrestlecrap then go all the fucking way with it.

Next week don't have Khali try to attack TBS. No, instead have him have another ceremony. This time he has "the Dalai Lama" with him, and TDL goes on to say that he's made it a point to make the TBS/Khali situation his top priority, even over the Chinese conflict that's going on.

Then have TBS chokeslam him through a table.

And have Khali openly cry at the sight.

BOOK IT.

I'm glad I'm drunk, because that last session would have filled me with despair otherwise. I'm really glad that Smackdown isn't live, because the thought of seeing that cow topless is quite revolting.

What was said during the John Morrison/Miz vs Jimmy Wang Yang/ Shannon Moore match that they said couldn't be repeated?

I wasn't really paying attention.

Nothing major. Miz was beting up Moore and looked over to Wang on the apron and said that this is why he's still a virgin. Something like that, unless there was more.

Nattie!!!

When Finlay pulled the apron link I loved Coach saying he's never seen that before, and then Cole biting back telling him that if he'd ever seen Smackdown before he would have seen since Finlay does it every match. :lol:

I also find it weird, always have, that Finlay is stuck with the angle aimed towards kids. I mean, it's Fit f'n Finlay. It's never made much sense to me. Almost like he was too badass without the midget, so they had to do something to even it out.

What was said during the John Morrison/Miz vs Jimmy Wang Yang/ Shannon Moore match that they said couldn't be repeated?

I wasn't really paying attention.

Nothing major. Miz was beting up Moore and looked over to Wang on the apron and said that this is why he's still a virgin. Something like that, unless there was more.

Nattie!!!

When Finlay pulled the apron link I loved Coach saying he's never seen that before, and then Cole biting back telling him that if he'd ever seen Smackdown before he would have seen since Finlay does it every match. :lol:

I also find it weird, always have, that Finlay is stuck with the angle aimed towards kids. I mean, it's Fit f'n Finlay. It's never made much sense to me. Almost like he was too badass without the midget, so they had to do something to even it out.

That's what I thought he said, but wasn't sure if he said something else along with it.

is Batista a face on Smackdown and heel on Raw HBK vice versa...it sure seems like it

HBK tried to take a cheap shot which he hasn't done since the storyline leading to WM23. All the stuff on SD leads us to think HBK is a backstabber and the stuff on Raw leads us to think Batista is a pussy.

Greatest Build Up Ever.

damn Festus really missing with those punches. you can clearly see him punching his other hand

I bought a 42" 1080p HDTV at Best Buy this week. I finally got to watch WWE programming in hi def with Smackdown... I must admit it enhanced my viewing experience. I could see the taste buds on Festus' tongue. :headbang:

It really does look a whole hell of alot better. :) Smackdown, not Festus' tongue. ;)

I like Festus.

But some aspect of his character has to be changed. They ended it by playing up that he didn't know that tapping out could have ended the match...and a couple of minutes earlier he put his foot on the rope to break up a pin. That was annoying. Quitting is a basic human instinct...wheras getting a foot on the ropes is a rule that would only exist in the wrestling world.

I looked to Cole and Coach for answers...and I got none.