TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Post here if you dislike Will Ferrell...

I didn't care for Punch Drunk Love as much as most did, if only because a lot of dialogue is a little too straightforward, especially towards the end.

Click had me balling like a bitch by the end of it. It's especially touching if you have even the slightest bit of strain of a relationship with your father. The kind where you love each other, but don't necessarily show it, and don't talk much because you have things to do (ie. "go on auto-pilot").

And Ferrell should have just quit while he was ahead after Anchorman. Talladega Nights was good for only two reasons: Tom C. Reilly and Sascha Baron Cohen. They were the ONLY entertaining aspects of the movie. Blades of Glory was just overall awful, and Bewitched was saved only because I got drunk after watching it (and the dead-on Family Guy joke where Stewie travels across the country just to smack Ferrell and say "not funny" after watching it). After the Apatow crew broke with Knocked Up and Superbad, I think people are going to be wanting more that style of humor: raunchy to the extreme, but with a solid heart.

Could be worse... does anybody remember Chris Kattan's sorry-ass attempt at a career as a lead actor?

I took the time to watch Blades of Glory, though wasted. I've seen worse, but more of better. If that makes sense.

And it had at least one thing going for it... I don't think that I need to tell anybody who has seen it what I'm talking about... ;)

I've grown bored of Adam Sandler recently. The only good things he does are the movies he produces but doesn't show up in (ex: GRANDMA'S BOY). Will Ferrell, I can take in small doses, but he is quickly growing into another Adam Sandler, the overexposed ex-SNL cast member that doesn't make funny movies anymore.

Chris Kattan still owes me $3 for the time I rented Corky Romano.

Oh I thought that movie was really funny!! All his dates were really ugly and stuff and I think one was a drag queen! One time my friends and me rented it and ever since then we call my friend Eric "Deuce."

As much as do like Elf, Im saddened that it seems to be this generation's Christmas movie people will be fawning over in 2040 when they remember their younger days.

Talladega Nights was good but probably only for the NASCAR fans crowd. It was a perfect spoof of NASCAR.

And Stranger than Fiction is probably somewhere on the low end of my favorite 100 movies.

Other than those 3, Ive never really liked any of his movies..though I do like the Oblongs.

Talladega Nights was good but probably only for the NASCAR fans crowd. It was a perfect spoof of NASCAR.

There is no such thing...

Anyway, I didn't know Dale Earnhardt was dead until, I shit you not, like two years later, that's how little I care, but I still thought it was pretty funny.

After the Apatow crew broke with Knocked Up and Superbad, I think people are going to be wanting more that style of humor: raunchy to the extreme, but with a solid heart.

That seems to be all the kids think are funny these days. I was making quoting Major League at a high school baseball game the other day and the teachers and older people in the press box were laughing and quoting the movie too. The two high school students were just kind of staring at us and then one said "Those movies weren't funny." How could you not like Major League!? We need more movies like that.

Taste in comedy is the most unique taste there is.

I think Ed Wood is the funniest movie ever made, for example. I think every single line it that movie is hysterical. I also liked Knocked Up and Superbad...and Major League for that matter.

But some comedies like Blazing Saddles or Raising Arizona I just don't think are very funny movies. It's just a taste thing.

Taste in comedy is the most unique taste there is.

I think Ed Wood is the funniest movie ever made, for example. I think every single line it that movie is hysterical. I also liked Knocked Up and Superbad...and Major League for that matter.

But some comedies like Blazing Saddles or Raising Arizona I just don't think are very funny movies. It's just a taste thing.

I agree on taste...BUT to quote a famous orange feline comedian "If you don't like Major League you should be drug out in the street and shot."

Yeah...how the fuck don't you like Major League? Shit, the comedies I watched when I was a kid were certifiable classics, like Major League, Airplane!, Naked Gun, and Porky's. I can't see how people can't love those movies.

Yeah...how the fuck don't you like Major League? Shit, the comedies I watched when I was a kid were certifiable classics, like Major League, Airplane!, Naked Gun, and Porky's. I can't see how people can't love those movies.

I think Airplane! is the funniest movie I've ever seen.

I think Airplane! is the funniest movie I've ever seen.

Surely you can't be serious.

I am serious.

And don't call me Shirley.

Well, when it first came out Scary Movie was the funniest thing to me... fuck I still like that one, every other one sucked donkey balls, but the first still makes me laugh to this day.

As far as my favorite comedies, it would have to be Action Jackson and Requiem for a Dream...

No Caddyshack?

Guest Teal-y Dan
As far as my favorite comedies, it would have to be Action Jackson and Requiem for a Dream...

What the fuck is wrong with you?

This exchange made me legit laugh out loud.

That's alright, I've told my Jewish friend that Schindler's List was one of my favorite comedies before. (Obviously joking, I haven't even seen it..not that there would be the potential for comedy if I did watch it.)

That's alright, I've told my Jewish friend that Schindler's List was one of my favorite comedies before. (Obviously joking, I haven't even seen it..not that there would be the potential for comedy if I did watch it.)

Meh... I find Amistad to be much more funny.

Scary Movie 2 fucking annihilates me with laughter, which is so fucking bizarre, as the style is not my cup of tea at all, but I guess the planets aligned. I do love David Cross and Chris Elliott (I'll defend Cabin Boy to the death), but I don't know if that's really strong enough.

Although when that bird makes the weakest link joke, it almost kills the entire movie. I close my eyes and plug my ears when he says that.

What the fuck is wrong with you??!!

Jared Leto and his retarded accent and pounding on the door being like, "COME ONNN MAAAA! DON'T DO THIS MAAAA! I'M TAKIN DA TV MAAAA!" makes this a comedy

Keith David's rant about how sisters don't suck any dick, and then he whips it out in front of Jennifer Connley and gives her a look like, "Bitch... it ain't gonna suck itself." makes this a comedy

Marlon Wayans meeting with the big drug boss and then you find out he's deaf and says, "IHF U SCRGHEW MEH, I KILL U" makes this a comedy

Marlon Wayans not answering the doctor fast enough in jail and getting clubbed in the gut as the warden says, "Goddamn New York City Nigger's got no respect." makes this a comedy

Marlon Wayans churning up that slob they call prison food as the guard behind him yells, "COME ON PUT SOME HEART IN IT, DAMN NEW YORK CITY BOY! YA FUCKING WEAK!" makes this a comedy

I do love David Cross and Chris Elliott (I'll defend Cabin Boy to the death), but I don't know if that's really strong enough.

Got nothing but motherfucking respect for Cabin Boy, that movie is an unfairly underrated and forgotten modern classic. I've always liked Elliott, I was a fan of Get A Life back in the day.

But... Scary Movie 2? Never understood the one for that one. When it came out, me and my brother went to the movies and both of us forced the other to watch a movie they didn't want to see: I picked Moulin Rouge, he picked SM2. I still maintain that I won that battle.

What the fuck is wrong with you??!!

Jared Leto and his retarded accent and pounding on the door being like, "COME ONNN MAAAA! DON'T DO THIS MAAAA! I'M TAKIN DA TV MAAAA!" makes this a comedy

Keith David's rant about how sisters don't suck any dick, and then he whips it out in front of Jennifer Connley and gives her a look like, "Bitch... it ain't gonna suck itself." makes this a comedy

Marlon Wayans meeting with the big drug boss and then you find out he's deaf and says, "IHF U SCRGHEW MEH, I KILL U" makes this a comedy

Marlon Wayans not answering the doctor fast enough in jail and getting clubbed in the gut as the warden says, "Goddamn New York City Nigger's got no respect." makes this a comedy

Marlon Wayans churning up that slob they call prison food as the guard behind him yells, "COME ON PUT SOME HEART IN IT, DAMN NEW YORK CITY BOY! YA FUCKING WEAK!" makes this a comedy

You're sick in the head. It was easily one of the most depressing movies, I hope you burn in hell.

Pretty much the only English comedy that your average Joe American has probably heard of is Monty Python anyway.

ali%20g.jpg

Respect.

As for me, I do like Ferrell. But he's not someone I could watch all day; the act does get old. Anchorman is alright, but Talladega succeeds in all the places that the former failed: namely, an actual story, dialog behind catchphrases, and an excellent cast. (On the shallow side of things, more eyecandy. Namely: Cole and Cohen. And need I even mention the sexcellent kiss between Ferrell and Cohen at the MTV Movie Awards?)

I haven't seen Semi-Pro, and I doubt I will, despite the inclusion of Will Arnett.

My favourite part of this thread is the part where Yuna thinks that anyone besides herself gives two flying shits about her slash bullshit fetish. Good times.