TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (4/14/2008)

The anticipation for the WWE Championship Fatal Four Way Match at Backlash can’t be contained by America’s shores, as the Superstars battle in merry old England when Raw airs from London’s O2 Arena.

With both Triple H and John Cena interjecting themselves into the WWE Title foray last Monday, the one-fall WWE Championship contest between Randy Orton, John “Bradshaw” Layfield, The Game and Cena looks to be a chaotic matchup. Who will make the first move to get a leg up on their competition, either physically or psychologically, in this battle of four current and former WWE Champions.

General Manager William Regal announced that he'll face the Legend Killer in the ring Monday night, in an attempt to teach the champion "some respect." Will the wielder of the "Power of the Punch" be able to derail the WWE Champion in front of his countrymen? We’ll find out in Londontown as Raw airs live.

Also, as the buildup to the battle between two of WWE’s top Superstars continues to boil, Shawn Michaels and Batista will both be in the O2 Arena Monday night. Will they be able to keep things civil until they step inside the ring at Backlash? Or will the tension be broken with fisticuffs as The Animal continues to blame HBK for the retirement of his mentor, Ric Flair? London “bobbies” might want to be on their toes while providing security.

And the heat continues to be turned up in both the tag team and Divas divisions, as contenders jostle for position. With Paul London & Brian Kendrick, Ashley & Mickie James and Carlito & Santino Marella earning wins on Raw, plus the return of the dangerous Cryme Tyme, should Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix and World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Hardcore Holly be watching their backs?

We’ll find out all the answers to these questions and more as Monday Night Raw airs live from London, England at 9/8 CT, only on USA Network.

And for Raw's return from England on April 21, WWE invites Democratic Presidential nominee hopefuls Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to settle their differences inside the ring. Watch the invite...

Regal/Orton should be interesting, if not great.

Stupid question, but is RAW 3 hours tonight? Someone told me this was the case.

WWE.com has added Mickie/Beth for the women's title to the preview.

Are there spoilers out for this show yet, or is it still being taped?

WWE.com has added Mickie/Beth for the women's title to the preview.

Are there spoilers out for this show yet, or is it still being taped?

PWI has them online now

And they look pretty good so far.

I'm definitely tuning in for the Regal/Orton match. Regal is criminally underutilized.

I have a feeling they are pushing the tag division because they have a PPV called "A Night of Champions" or something like that coming up in which every match will be a title match and thus they need the tag titles to mean something.

Raw Tags

SD/ECW Tags

Intercontinental

US

ECW Title

Womans

World Title

WWE Title

Are they keeping the Night of Champions theme for Vengeance this year? First I've heard about it if they are.

I believe "Vengance" has been dropped, and it's just "A night of Champions". Sorta like how "Over the Edge" was dropped as a PPV title, Vengeance is afterall the PPV Benoit missed for "personal reasons"...

Zombie Benoit should return from the grave for an ECW Title shot.

Anyone who reads spoilers have a match listing? I know the show starts in 34 minutes, but I'm curious.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. Carlito & Santino

Mickie James Vs Beth Phoenix

Randy Orton Vs Regal

Jericho Vs Umaga

Murdoch Vs JTG

Burchil Vs Duggan

HHH Vs JBL

Thank you, both of you. Looks really good, save for Burchill/Duggan, which should be a less than 2 minute squash- especially since they're in London.

Try not to miss the opening segment; it looks pretty good too.

RAW doesnt look all blurry and stuff like it usually looks when they do an England show.

Thats because we are now watching it in HD.

I turned the show on at 6:02, as the opening video played. Did they announce KOTR in the 2 minutes before that?

Also, why has Jericho been involved (playing heel) in the whole HBK/Batista thing? It seems as though they're setting up HBK/Batista to be one and done before moving on to Shawn/Jericho, which would be a waste of the Shawn/Batista feud.

What's sad about this to me is that I don't see it going anywhere with Jericho (unless there's some news or something I've missed). And I'm pretty sure that Jericho and a Michaels who is trying would be pretty damn good.