TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Mario Kart Wii

It's seriously a great game. I've yet to try the bikes (you can online, but I've opted not to until I can use them on the 100cc stages) but the kart movements are great, the new weapons are cool and some of the tracks are phenominal.

The mall track has become my favourite mario kart track ever.

And I still hate Boweser Castle levels and got really annoyed last night when I played 3 of them in a row online :angry:

My favorites are always Rainbow Road, Bowser's Castle, and the Wario level, in that order.

I say always like I've played every version of the game, but I've only played 64 and Double Dash. Rainbow Road in Double Dash is my favorite level ever. It must be somewhat influenced by the fact that I love the Rainbow Road music. I can't wait to see Rainbow Road Wii, assuming there is one.

I hear 4 player local multiplayer (and maybe even 3 player) is dodgy. Like droped frame rate and the graphic quality brought down a bit. apparently it's perfect online.

My favorites are always Rainbow Road, Bowser's Castle, and the Wario level, in that order.

I say always like I've played every version of the game, but I've only played 64 and Double Dash. Rainbow Road in Double Dash is my favorite level ever. It must be somewhat influenced by the fact that I love the Rainbow Road music. I can't wait to see Rainbow Road Wii, assuming there is one.

You've never played the original mario kart?! Man, you're missing out. Especially the 2 player battle stage. I used to spend hours playing that shit.

I never liked Mario Kart 64 as much, and haven't played any after that.

Mario Kart 64 is pretty lame and the Rainbow Road track on that is fucking boring.

I've played the RR track online, and much like all the other ones, it's trippy and confusing.

Oh, so this game at least works online?

Wonderful. Still mad about Smash, btw. They better fix it.

^Agreed.

As for the local multiplayer, I haven't tried it yet, but my friends were playing it last friday and didn't have any complaints.

Guest Smues

Smash came out on a Sunday too. I think they're doing it with Mark Kart to get a head start on GTA IV.

I still haven't got Brawl, which I would like to buy before this... and, well, GTA IV.... and a lot of other good games...

This game is unreal. Just so much fun. I wind up with a lot more silver trophies then I am comfortable with right now - I keep choking on all of the last tracks. I keep getting banana peels from all my boxes and hit with seemingly non-stop red shells but I am having so much fun with this game.

Picked the game up today and I've already completed the Wii 50 CCC. I also did a few online battles. Good times indeed.

BRILLIANT IDEA:

Game lets you send messages to people registered as Wii Friends to add you as a Mario Kart Friend. The message auto-includes your Friend Code.

online sucks I havent managed to finish better than last once and I keep on getting passed by karts that pop up out of nowhere. BOO

I think it's you that sucks..

I've been playing this game for the past 6-7 hours and I'm having a ton of fun. I beat every cup on 50cc and then I started playing online. My biggest accomplishment so far is beating one of two asians in a 10 or 11 person race. It was awesome.

Favorite new levels:

DK Summit

Rainbow Road

Wario Goldmine

Coconut Mall

Koopa Cape

online sucks I havent managed to finish better than last once and I keep on getting passed by karts that pop up out of nowhere. BOO

I think it's you that sucks..

its the piece of crap wheel. I ditched that, picked up my wavebird and Ive managed to win a couple races and buid my vr rating up to 5800 (down from 4300 at the bottom of the barrel)

anyone else unlock Rosalina?

Well I am officially an idiot. I totally forgot that Gamestop closes early on Sundays so I didn't get to pick up the game yesterday as I stayed at my cousin's sons birthday too long.....so today after work on the way home I will be picking the game up along with either a classic controller or a Gamecube controller, whichever is cheaper.

How do you find your Mario Kart friend code, or is it something you create when you get the game, like a Game Tag or something?

To get your code (doing this from memory at work), go to the Mario Kart Channel option in the game, then go to Friends, and your code should be on the bottom of the screen.

Only played a little bit (finished Mushroom & Flower on 50cc w/ gold trophies), but I like how your Mii's show up as the crowds, as well as in courses (see Coconut Mall - Mii's on the walls, driving those big cars towards the finish/start line).

So to download the Mario Kart channel, can this be done via the game itself, or do you download it like other channels and just go online without the game on and download it?

Im ticked off trying to get star ratings on the 50 cc. Star Ratings are tied to not going off the track or hitting the wall etc, but inevitably Id be knocked with a lightning bolt mid air in a jump and not make it or get knocked into a wall by a bullet bill or some crap like that.

My favorite thing ever is the cloud and having to hit another kart to get it off you and on them, its awesome (unless of course you're out front by a wide margin and then you're screwed)