TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

2008 Stanley Cup playoffs - round deux

Just have something to add.

I started watching the Flyers regularly in 1999. Every single season and almost every game, we outshot the opponent and a lot of times had nothing to show for it. We made every goalie opposition look like an MVP. For the Habs and the fans saying how badly they outshot the Flyers and how they should have won, I don't buy it. I never had that thought, albeit in the regular season, when we outshot our opponents almost every game. From 2000-the lockout, it seemed like we always got the better of the play in 80% of the games we played. But we didn't capitalize on that. That's what happened to Montreal this series. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, it feels good to get lucky instead of outplay the opponent and lose. But crying about how badly the Habs outplayed us and how unfair it was, really doesn't matter in the end. It really shouldn't be an issue. Habs just wanted to finesse the goals and not do the dirty work.

Guest College Party

I hope the Flyers' strategy is to break Sidney Crosby's face and then just sorta do whatever until they end up winning four games.

Does anyone in the entire world have more embarrassing facial hair than Crosby? At least Scott Spezio had the testosterone to HAVE facial hair to make his absurd. Crosby just looks like the kid who sits next to me in math class.

I don't know, I think Briere gives him a run for his money. It depends on if you think the little wispy mustache of the kid who always hit puberty first in your class is worse than the ability to grow nothing other than some random hairs that don't seem to form anything.

For full disclosure, I only get the Koy Detmer Neckbeard so I can't kill anyone too much.

Guest Smues

I'd glad the Penguins won to advance to the conference finals, but now Scott Gomez' season is over meaning he'll have time to film another 10 billion local GCI cable ads. Goody

This is one hell of a goaltender battle. There had to be a half a dozen absolutely ridiculous saves in there.

I never noticed it, but is Nabokov fat or does his chest protector stick out way too much?